Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Keep regurgitating fuddlore bulls hit....

Idiots claim this after they make a poor shot, with a gun they can't shoot, and never recover the animal.

Lol you believe bullets vaporize...lol

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 12/23/23.
GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy

Idiots claim this after they make a poor shot, with a gun they can't shoot, and never recover the animal.

All the points in your last post are completely irrelevant to the point we were arguing. Perhaps try to be a little bit more intelligent so you don't lose complete credibility.

X
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
X
Any similarity here to "long range hunting"?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jackson_Giving_Handys_To_Hobos might want to stay with her strength, Hobo Handys, and skip talking big game and bullets.

The poor girl has never shot anything including a rabbit yet wants to opine bullets with the grown ups.

Originally Posted by Handy_Job_Jackson and her worthless life
[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

you're a fkn idiot, plain & simple

Berger had issues with their 300 gr 338 cal bullet some years back, when bullet was sped up to a certain velocity level, the bullets never reached the target as they were simply wiped , vaporized .... Berger called it "nose slump" and redesigned the bullets to fix that issue

Imagine shooting a deer with that bullet at just under "vaporize" velocity and hit bone .... Bullet will come apart violently and disintegrate into tiny pcs with a shallow wound, I've personally had that happen on a bull moose at 100 yards with a 338 Edge years ago, hit it square in the shoulder and created a big mess of the front quarter but didn't kill it, second shot behind the shoulder went between the ribs and liquified the insides & killed it STAT, made it just past the ribs on the other side, creating another big mess, lots of wasted meat on that moose so I quit using them on short range hunts

Maybe the slow cartridges that you shoot aren't capable of "blowing up bullets on bone" and you've never experienced it

That simply makes you an ignorant fk, because you don't know wtf you're talking about

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I guess we'll just agree to disagree

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Even if you can't be honest with myself and the others on this thread, be honest with yourself. You were totally wrong as several on this thread have pointed out, so stop pretending that there was even a small amount of merit in your argument. A stupid person isn't someone who makes mistakes or who doesn't know something, it's someone who having made a mistake or having been corrected, continues to make that same mistake.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Riflehunter
I'd be interested to know what 6mm bullet actually works consistently on game at those velocities. Even at .240 Weatherby velocities normal cup and core and bonded bullets sometimes blow-up on bone, deflect off bone, pancake. The 6mm mono's have poor b.c's. and often aren't extremely accurate, pencil through lungs. If using it for longer-range like 600 yards, what bullets are going to be accurate enough at long distance for small game and perform well on game at longer distance, yet still work ok at short and medium distances at those velocities?
There really aren't any 6mm bullets that will stand up to the speed with consistent results and have high bcs. That's the problem with these sorts of rounds, and has been a problem with guys building screamers for decades, until bullet manufacturers catch up. Lately, the guys building 6mm UMs have done some farting around with nose ring bullets but the consistency isn't there; a big help is when using short suppressed barrels the velocity is often slowed down enough to provide more consistent results.
Regarding the bullet blow up deal, the process is well known in situations such as shooting light skinned varmint bullets designed for 222s speeds in big 22s, especially fast twist versions thereof. If one slows an SPSX down just enough to not turn into a puff of smoke on the way to the target, they can see some awful surface level wounds on coyotes when hitting shoulders. It's a bad deal.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Even if you can't be honest with myself and the others on this thread, be honest with yourself. You were totally wrong as several on this thread have pointed out, so stop pretending that there was even a small amount of merit in your argument. A stupid person isn't someone who makes mistakes or who doesn't know something, it's someone who having made a mistake or having been corrected, continues to make that same mistake.

The Fudd is strong with this one........

Every single time people believe a bullet "blew up" on a scapula, it's an assumption, because they never recovered the animal. Because the truth is they probably hit high, in the spinal processes. It's much easier to blame the bullet than their marksmanship.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 12/25/23.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Every single time people believe a bullet "blew up" on a scapula, it's an assumption, because they never recovered the animal. Because the truth is they probably hit high, in the spinal processes. It's much easier to blame the bullet than their marksmanship.
You completely dumb schidt! The animal is recovered because you put a second shot into it. And even if you don't put a second shot into it, you can see (through your scope) the huge amount of blood at the impact point exactly where you aimed at, because the bullet has blown-up instead of making the usual nice clean entry hole.

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

You completely dumb schidt! The animal is recovered because you put a second shot into it. And even if you don't put a second shot into it, you can see (through your scope) the huge amount of blood at the impact point exactly where you aimed at, because the bullet has blown-up instead of making the usual nice clean entry hole.

I know I could and would. I'm not speaking about me. I'm speaking about the morons that shoot guns that "blow up" bullets. They can't see the bullet impact and rarely take a follow up shot. If you don't recover an animal and are simply going off of assumption, you are an idiot.

Watch the front face of the gel block. 99% of the time someone is looking at a dead animal and sees a massive entry wound, that's what happened. (It can be much more violent with more velocity and different projectiles)....but instead of using their brain to understand, they revert back to fuddlore...."bullet done blowed up!"

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 12/26/23.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Carol Shelby once quipped "it's not how fast can you go; It's how fast you can afford to go". To each his own. I'm glad you like it.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

Call it what you will, I call it bullet blow up. A 103eldx on the point of the shoulder at 3200fps.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Life is good live it while you can.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
You keep posting those pics. Explain what you're trying to say with them.

Is the top picture this inside of the front shoulder? What did the body cavity look like when the shoulder was removed?

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
That's an interesting round. What do you think of the standard 6.5 rpm? It didn't interest me much at first because I've never been a big fan of 284 style related rims but it has started to interest me more lately. It looks like the 6.5 will get close to 264 performance. I used to hunt a lot with a 264 years ago and it always worked well for me. A 6.5 rpm on weatherbys newer 307 action might be worth a look.

Lately the 6-06, 6.5-06, and 280 standard are appealing to me again on plain old 700 LA's. I like the open top port I can get my fingers in, the flat angle of ejection, the slick feeding of 06 cases and the box length for seating out. Had a chance to pick up a new model 700 sps in 30-06 in slc the other day at $440 hinged floor plate in Tupperware but the state background check was closed and I didn't run back the next morning. It would have made another nice donor. Maybe even for an rpm if they feed ok from 06 feed lips?

Bb

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

Is the top picture this inside of the front shoulder? What did the body cavity look like when the shoulder was removed?
The bottom picture is the offside of the deer with the shoulder removed. Should be pretty self-explanatory by the lack of blood shot tissue that the bullet failed after hitting the shoulder socket. The original Nozler ballistic tip bullets would do the same thing. Match type bullets traveling at high velocity don't handle bone or penetrate very well. With that said, a match type bullet at high velocity in the chest cavity without hitting bone, the results are explosive dramatic kills. You might not have the dramatic kill shots using Barnes LRX or TTSX bullets, but you won't have any failures.

Life is good live it while you can.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by TrueGrit

The bottom picture is the offside of the deer with the shoulder removed. Should be pretty self-explanatory by the lack of blood shot tissue that the bullet failed after hitting the shoulder socket. The original Nozler ballistic tip bullets would do the same thing. Match type bullets traveling at high velocity don't handle bone or penetrate very well. With that said, a match type bullet at high velocity in the chest cavity without hitting bone, the results are explosive dramatic kills. You might not have the dramatic kill shots using Barnes LRX or TTSX bullets, but you won't have any failures.

What did the chest cavity look like with the shoulder removed? What killed the animal?

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (12savage, 1lessdog, 1936M71, 16penny, 01Foreman400, 160user, 55 invisible), 2,541 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,679
Posts18,474,936
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.