Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by kenjs1
Originally Posted by Hastings
I was the first arriving law officer and dragged the man into the shade and probably saved him from death by hyperthermia.

l.

Hastings -minor point of course but did you mean dehydration or heat stroke?

I would have drug him into the sun if he was dying of hyperthermia, myself.
I was the first arriving law officer and dragged the man into the shade and probably saved him from death by hyperthermia.

l.

l.

The difference between hyperthermia and hypothermia is like the difference between hot and cold…

Harry
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Mathsr

l.

l.

l.

The difference between hyperthermia and hypothermia is like the difference between hot and cold…

My bad. I read it wrong.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Same here though it is not a term I am used to seeing. A little brain activity on my part coulda helped.

Thanks.

Last edited by kenjs1; 11/29/23.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
herald-sun.com

The fight that led to a fatal stabbing at Southeast Raleigh High School had a history dating back several weeks, and the mother of the 14-year-old student charged with murder says she warned an official Monday that her son might be attacked. Cherelle McLaughlin of Raleigh said a dispute between students began with her older daughter, who had an earlier altercation with a female Southeast Raleigh High student that snowballed until multiple other juveniles got involved.

McLaughlin said her daughter’s original fight led to more than a dozen juveniles, including many shown in videos of Monday’s fatal fight, coming to her house in Southeast Raleigh roughly a week ago and assaulting both McLaughlin and her mother.

When she brought her son to school Monday, McLaughlin said she told his case worker that he would likely get jumped for defending his sister.

‘I WARNED THE SCHOOL,’ MOTHER SAYS “My son was fighting to his life,” she said. “He already missed school. They were threatening to jump on him, to do this, do that. I warned the school that morning right before I dropped him off.”

Read more at: https://www.heraldsun.com/news/local/article282411308.html#storylink=cpy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

l.

In any case whether you misunderstood "hyperthermia" or maybe wanted to finish him off I had to tell my friend who actually had experience as a reserve deputy that when you arrest and subdue a prisoner you have an obligation to protect him, not to give him a beating and leave him out in the sun to die on a near 100F day.

The man who was not used to working in the heat had been chased a mile before capture and was held down and given several licks to the head. I have a picture of him with me trying to prop him up but I don't have the skill to put it up here.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Edited

Attached Images
OTIS.JPG (38.13 KB, 228 downloads)
Last edited by Hastings; 11/30/23.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

l.

In any case whether you misunderstood "hyperthermia" or maybe wanted to finish him off I had to tell my friend who actually had experience as a reserve deputy that when you arrest and subdue a prisoner you have an obligation to protect him, not to give him a beating and leave him out in the sun to die on a near 100F day.

The man who was not used to working in the heat had been chased a mile before capture and was held down and given several licks to the head. I have a picture of him with me trying to prop him up but I don't have the skill to put it up here.

No. I just read it too fast. That's all. My bad.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I despise a bully

I kind of like bullies, to some extent, or at least don’t see why they’re always considered so bad. The gang jump in the OP isn’t what I am referring to….that was pathetic but schoolyard bullies acting alone are what I am referring to, in general.

The argument can be made that they’ll they teach you how to stand up for yourself or they’ll let you know you’ll be a coward for life. Maybe my way of thinking is too old school for today’s society but that is how I see it.

I hear ya quackin Big Duck. The bullies were the most fun to kick the schidt out of.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The kid is 14 years old, recall for a moment what life looks like to a 14yo. The older, bigger punks have already been to his house, threatened his mom and sister, clearly the law ain’t gonna protect him or his family. He’s thinking he’s gonna get jumped and severely beaten with no end of Hell in sight after that.

I’m impressed he dared to go to school at all, damn right he brought a weapon.

How much is the school liable? That would depend on how much they reasonably should have known.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That kid won't be convicted. The video exonerates him. Now if the school wants to fuss about him having a knife maybe they can take some kind of action. Looks to me like they have a bunch that need to be kicked out but that doesn't happen any more. No child left behind they say.

Thomas Jefferson was right when he said they would be the biggest problem this country would face in years to come.

IC B3

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Bullies worked on me some until I got tired of it at about nine years old. Always went to schools where it was K-12. Dumbass teachers never could figure out why a nine year old was duking it out with 14-16 year olds twice his size. I had no choice. I learned that you didn’t need to win to neutralize a bully. Simply staying in the fight and landing blows until someone stopped you was a sure way to stop that particular person from messing with you again.

Had one negro in our school, I lit into him for tryimg to push me out of the way at the water fountain. He picked me up and threw me through the girls bathroom door. I took it off the hinges and broke it into pieces in the process. When the teacher came around the corner, I was back up and punching the hell out of that kid. Guess who got in trouble. I learned a lot in school. How to handle myself and not to trust anyone in authority.

Put a kid in the hospital in seventh grade after he made a perverted comment about my little sister to me. We were in seventh grade, she was in second. Hell yes I beat him down and took the boots to him. They let me finish the year, told my parents I wasn’t coming back after that, and I was homeschooled after that. Finished high school a year early and was in the top 94% of test scores in the country, once I got away from the drama house.

Hated a bully to unreasonable levels for years, got into a lot of fights because of that. These days, I am glad for every one of them, and wonder if most kids don’t ultimately benefit from interacting with such problems. I will say, even in the worst times before I started fighting back, I never once thought of killing myself or anyone else, and never felt the need to carry a weapon to school. Were I a kid these days, a weapon of some kind would be standard equipment.

Last edited by APredator; 11/29/23.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
herald-sun.com

The fight that led to a fatal stabbing at Southeast Raleigh High School had a history dating back several weeks, and the mother of the 14-year-old student charged with murder says she warned an official Monday that her son might be attacked. Cherelle McLaughlin of Raleigh said a dispute between students began with her older daughter, who had an earlier altercation with a female Southeast Raleigh High student that snowballed until multiple other juveniles got involved.

McLaughlin said her daughter’s original fight led to more than a dozen juveniles, including many shown in videos of Monday’s fatal fight, coming to her house in Southeast Raleigh roughly a week ago and assaulting both McLaughlin and her mother.

When she brought her son to school Monday, McLaughlin said she told his case worker that he would likely get jumped for defending his sister.

‘I WARNED THE SCHOOL,’ MOTHER SAYS “My son was fighting to his life,” she said. “He already missed school. They were threatening to jump on him, to do this, do that. I warned the school that morning right before I dropped him off.”

Read more at: https://www.heraldsun.com/news/local/article282411308.html#storylink=cpy
And there is some background; there is some context. Given this, it is entirely likely the kid did what he thought he had to do. It is the school administration which deserves the punishment. This is what I meant when I said we had no context. Based on the video, the kid brought a knife to a fist fight. Given the background, he may have been justified in doing so.
I have seen other cases where bullying and threats resulted in death of the bully. In those cases, authorities also failed to act. This seems to be another one. GD

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Which kid got killed? The first kid who took a couple to the back, or the one getting perforated in the gym?

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Looks like he got in several crotch shots- - - -hopefully he created a few groid eunuchs in addition to the one that's room temperature. Good for him!
I would guess the stabs to the groin did it. Some pretty serious blood supply there. Hard to get a tourniquet on and a fast bleed out ensues.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
"Some pretty serious blood supply there."

Yep- - - - -femoral artery for one. Mine gets pierced occasionally for a heart catheterization, and a couple of stents about 25 years ago. Lying flat on your back for 8 hours with a 60 pound sand bag on the place they poked the hole is no fun at all, but it beats achieving room temperature from a heart attack.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Looks like he got in several crotch shots- - - -hopefully he created a few groid eunuchs in addition to the one that's room temperature. Good for him!
I would guess the stabs to the groin did it. Some pretty serious blood supply there. Hard to get a tourniquet on and a fast bleed out ensues.

Maybe he killed one and castrated another.
Win win for society.

Rabid animals need putting down

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

60 members (10gaugemag, Alan_Robertson, 7mm_Loco, 1_deuce, 6 invisible), 1,322 guests, and 649 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,650
Posts18,512,636
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.