Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Leupold VX-Freedom with Ultimate Slam reticle on mine...
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Oregon Gunsmithing stock on mine too.

Last edited by Stump Buster; 11/30/23.
GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
D
Who here has purpose built a Mini Grendel for their kids?

NRA Endowed Patron Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Darryle

Wasn't purpose built, but my youngest has taken over my mini Grendel. When he goes with me, that's what he wants. We've spent a fair amount of time shooting them both and I keep trying to talk him into carrying the mini ARC but he likes the Grendel. I'm pretty sure it's the name....

D
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

Wasn't purpose built, but my youngest has taken over my mini Grendel. When he goes with me, that's what he wants. We've spent a fair amount of time shooting them both and I keep trying to talk him into carrying the mini ARC but he likes the Grendel. I'm pretty sure it's the name....

Could you use a new in the wrapper Possum Hollow #326 bore guide specifically for the Mini Grendel?

NRA Endowed Patron Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I wanted to, but the youth models were unavailable at the time so I got my grandson a 7.62x39 instead. No flies on that as a deer killer. He’s grown out of the stock, but I had MtnBoomer trim up a spare standard Hogue and paint it. Since, I’ve upgraded the Bushnell scope with a FFII, and replaced the magazine with a Wayne York floorplate.

They haven’t swapped the stock out yet so this year he’s using another Grandpa Special Howa, an Alpine .243. Got one down the other day.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PatB
Dinny, what stock is that ? Looks really nicely made.

Thanks
Same one on mine.
[Linked Image]

What fresh Hell is this?
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
A lightweight 3-9x40 seems not inappropriate:
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My Mini Grendel sits in a Stockys carbon fiber stock, with the OG bottom metal. Wanting to keep it as light as possible, and also give me as much magnification as possible, I have a Bushnell 3200 3X9 on mine in Talley rings. The Grendel is not a long range cartridge, so the 3X9 is just about perfect for me.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I got a Howa gun with a Vortex Crossfire 6-18 I think. I’m not a Vortex fan, but it works so far. My bigger issue at the moment is I plan on replacing the Howa factory stock soon. I went with DIP bottom metal back in the summer and like it so far. I wanted a Jefferson optics or OGS bottom metal, but they were out of stock at the time.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Hudge
I got a Howa gun with a Vortex Crossfire 6-18 I think. I’m not a Vortex fan, but it works so far. My bigger issue at the moment is I plan on replacing the Howa factory stock soon. I went with DIP bottom metal back in the summer and like it so far. I wanted a Jefferson optics or OGS bottom metal, but they were out of stock at the time.

How easy is the mag to remove now?

Is it pretty positive?

I am MAGA.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

At just a shade over 6 pounds, it's a joy to carry in the field.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Is it pretty positive?

It’s in there, I had it fall out of the all plastic crap Howa puts on there. None since then.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by JamesJr

At just a shade over 6 pounds, it's a joy to carry in the field.

Very nice rifle. Is that the 22" barrel?

Thanks.

Frank

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes it is Frank. This is a very good shooting rifle. I'm using 95 grain Nosler Varmegeddons for coyotes, and 123 SST's for deer.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I think I need to have one.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

Is it pretty positive?

It’s in there, I had it fall out of the all plastic crap Howa puts on there. None since then.

Awesome!

Thanks. I have struggled with the original version. Glad you like it.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

I bought a Howa Mini Action for my kids to use than put a Boyds laminate stock on it with a 12 or 12.5" LOP. They love it because of its low recoil and accuracy. They have since outgrown the stock, but with a slip-on pad they can use it again. May have to put the original stock back on. I scoped it with a Leupold 2-7 VX-R. They have taken several deer with it including this year.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

Is it pretty positive?

I replaced the mag well on mine too. The mag was always falling out, but now it stays solidly in and drops out without a problem.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Not a Howa Mini but a CZ-527 in 6.5 Grendel. I have a Leupold VX6 2-12x42 on mine which I like quite well.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I had originally wanted the kids to hunt with mine....but knew the mag would never make it back.

I am MAGA.
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

207 members (12344mag, 1lesfox, 2500HD, 1lessdog, 219DW, 007FJ, 16 invisible), 1,475 guests, and 908 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,871
Posts18,478,705
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.