Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Originally Posted by stinkycoyote
There's impressive stuff on the rokslide .223 thread from 77 gr tmk...it's running the bottom end of this high sd, rapid expansion more moderate velocity formula and they are sort of trying to disappear the bullet over the 14-19" they may see...not much left of it, 20-30 grains so the grenade is real and does the job and makes a mess. You're going to see similar with all these munchkin cartridges. If you're ok with that and say and upper 400 yard limit the .223 cool.

There you go again, guessing about stuff you read on the internet.

Negative ghost rider. Had been walking that walk long before I ever heard of the .223 thread. But unlike so many who couldn’t wrap their head around it could work I was already there and doing the same thing. And as you can tell I have my own learnings and opinions from as well. We can argue who is more fluent or not but when talking about the next gen terminal ballistics over on rokslide the resident stud/god form didn’t have anything of his own to add, he was a top student and studied everything but his view on terminal ballistics was stuck on that late 20th early 21st temp wound permanent stretch nonsense that someone went down that rabbit hole trying to solve for making terminal ballistics more objective. Fail. I started asking why aren’t we looking at the final bullet? Why aren’t we measuring it? And it’s travel, the change along that travel? Anyway, you can imagine some pride or ego gets in the way and wasn’t well received, didn’t think of anything original themselves just regurgitating older work from others. I could care less about that. What I wanna see is terminal ballistic calculators that show us the objective expectation to choose what we want for tasks. I don’t need recognition, it’s not why I talk about it, it’s to get it in the universe so it becomes reality. Wanna chose beat formula for coyotes or hippos, without the 59 pages of subjective bulksh1t every time? Yeah...we can do better at 1/4 way into 21st century. Why aren’t we?

We can land bullets in milk jugs at 2 miles but need to argue subjective bullsh1t for 59 pages every time terminal ballistics comes up? How stupid is that? I digress...

You see boys, different levels to this stuff, I ask questions and my mind is like a dog on a bone trying to work out the answers or how to get them. The temp cavity stuff is still all subjective. Nice try, better than doing nothing.

Guys will say but we do measure bullets and they show you expanded bullets at various impact velocities. Sigh...no sh1t Sherlock. A pic of an expanded bullet with an o.d. and an impact velocity does nothing to objectify everything that happened to make it look like that.

So I’m taking you guys down a rabbit hole most aren’t ready for yet and mostly because they don’t care and too busy, most things work so just use them lol. Don’t try and play like I don’t get this stuff at different levels. As I said way earlier...how far you wanna take this?, I’m fluent.

The .223 guys showing what’s possible at an even more extreme end. Not even legal for me to use in alberta for big game so I may have beat them to the punch lol.

You haven’t really shared what your experience is with the arc or Grendel or .223 but you’re good at deflecting that to me. I have a little and you can go see it anytime....where’s yours?

Give me something that tells me you can hang at these levels.

Last edited by stinkycoyote; 01/17/24.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Man, some guys just get kookier with time & each new forum.

Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
I've seen more well-shot game lost with TSXs than any other premium bullet.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Wondering if stinkycoyote is self medicating, off his meds, or suffered head trauma. There are people out there to help with mental health issues, and it's alright to ask for help.

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Originally Posted by Wrongside
He was a dingbat on the AO forum and got punted. Shows up on CGN, having slipped another cog, and now here……

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by CullingTime
Originally Posted by Wrongside
He was a dingbat on the AO forum and got punted. Shows up on CGN, having slipped another cog, and now here……

Sounds like he’s found his home. Didn’t take him long to find the Q thread.

IC B2

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
lol fellas, I know it stings so you must lash out that someone came along to offer new thoughts for direction on quelling these ridiculous terminal ballistics discussions, well played lol

anyhow, AO I got punted for trying to warn as many about covid, our government involvement and the dangers of the experimental shots they were coercing and mandating through every means possible, in violation of every single section of nuremberg code and how may other human rights bills/charters that apply to humanity or our country...that story will come full circle one day as those MANY who got punted at that time (many came here too btw) will eventually get to start looking at that and what harm that censoring all of us actually enabled to our fellow countrymen...and those members who were all about it, we have long memories, we know where this is headed, we were right the entire time about all of it...took about 10 years to get to the nuremberg trials right? stay tuned on that story...now's not the time...but there will be a time and many heads will hang in shame if they aren't already

now, do you have anything new to add to the furthering of terminal ballistics discussions? specifically can you sell the arc 108 over grendel 123 since that's where this derail ended up? we're all ears, on the edge of our seats lol, if not...carry on with your lashing out due to hurt feelers, possibly by not being able to keep up

this forum is fun, trying to get up to the normal levels of how points are made here and how cordial those points are made lol, we can't talk like this on a Canadian forum, half the members here would be banned in a day up there lol, it's refreshing and actually like a real campfire with regular thick skinned dudes...nice to see that that in an online space

if you find this place offensive just go join AO and you'll be happily coddled in your safe space lol (most media outlets in Canada including forums are on govt. payroll...so they pretty much have to do as their told and like all things related...silence anyone who is against the official narratives of the moment...sounds great eh?)

not all hero's wear capes wink

Last edited by stinkycoyote; 01/18/24.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
just to stay on Teal's derail why arc over grendel and my response if hunting is primary then the larger pill always wins....remember, that is the universal recommendations from all hunters on all similar topics in history, 6.5 always gets the majority nod overt the 6mm for all hunting focused discussions...so not only did I answer correctly based on that I was able to expand way past most peoples abilities to try and objectify why that is the case and from plenty of experience to back it up, you're facking welcome, thanks would be the better response wink

if hunting isn't the primary, choose either, heck either will still hunt just fine...but a c-hair was asked to be split so it was split, I haven't said anything untrue or misleading, identified the balances, trade offs, caveated everything appropriately so all readers can choose good, or slightly better, for whatever their needs are lol, and get the 'but but...' responses and nothing offered back that challenges that

Last edited by stinkycoyote; 01/18/24.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
It’s a shame concisecoyote wasn’t available.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Or unpretentiouscoyote…

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
not all hero's wear capes wink
Ah. Of course… you’re a hero now. Add delusions of grandeur to the list.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
It’s a shame concisecoyote wasn’t available.
But, how can a guy be concise and prove he’s ‘fluent’? 🤪

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
is this how you pat on the back and say thanks?

awe, shucks, you're too kind fellas

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Here's some good info about the 6.5 Grendel vs 6 ARC:

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that lightening ain't distributed right." - Mark Twain
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by TexasPhotog
Here's some good info about the 6.5 Grendel vs 6 ARC:

That's slanted in favor of the ARC, but the fact remains, Grendel doesn't have enough case capacity to drive the best 6.5 pills

B L M - Bureau of Land Management
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Yup, match guys talking match cartridge, they rave about the range prowess, up to 1200, bulk 400-800, like all 6mm’s fast twist, great range toy. Almost all of that entire video has nothing to do with hunting. Almost all hunting lands before where they were talking. So not a video for the hunters. Nice to see an off the shelf short fat 6 finally. It will just ensure that case gets lots of support. The hunters can 6.5, the other guys can do their things with the 7.62, .22 and 6. The 6 is best 2nd choice for Hunters of the 4 choices on that case.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
6.5's are best starting in a BR Case wink wink

That said the ARC is not far from the BR, in 6.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Yup, match guys talking match cartridge, they rave about the range prowess, up to 1200, bulk 400-800, like all 6mm’s fast twist, great range toy. Almost all of that entire video has nothing to do with hunting. Almost all hunting lands before where they were talking. So not a video for the hunters. Nice to see an off the shelf short fat 6 finally. It will just ensure that case gets lots of support. The hunters can 6.5, the other guys can do their things with the 7.62, .22 and 6. The 6 is best 2nd choice for Hunters of the 4 choices on that case.
Grendel is like a fat chick wearing tons of make-up and yoga pants.
She's trying her best to look good, but at the end of the day, she's still a fat chick in tights.

B L M - Bureau of Land Management
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Direct_Drive
Grendel is like a fat chick wearing tons of make-up and yoga pants.
She's trying her best to look good, but at the end of the day, she's still a fat chick in tights.

Snork!

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Have had it all lol, the hottest ones are rarely the best, if ever. Lust away. Match guys you know where to go. Hunters...you do too. wink

You young bulls still have a ways to go lol.

‘Let’s run down the hill and fack one of them cows’....

Last edited by stinkycoyote; 01/27/24.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
SC,

I don't know where you find the patience lol

But I'm a broken man on a Halifax pier,
The last of Barrett's Privateers
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

80 members (10Glocks, 35, BALLISTIK, 308ld, 808outdoors, AdventureBound, 7 invisible), 1,165 guests, and 761 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,868
Posts18,478,688
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.