Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by shootem
Just a flammable topic to complain about this morning. How on earth did these things get cleared to use? Saying they’re a distraction is being mild. Audiovisuals promoting whatever money can buy on a device pumping a potential high explosive and definitely volatile liquid from a great big tank into your vehicle. And they’re not so fragile as to be damaged by a punch or two. Aggravate the crap out of me. In the beginning I just stopped using stations that have them. But now they all do.
Life. Get one. You can't turn off people or life etc.... I suppose ones I go to talk too. I've rarely heard em. I know 2 stations I use have them. I remember some noise at some point..

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by org_Rogue_Hunter
Convenience stores really "screwed the pooch" when they added pay at the pump...lost all the impulse buyers. If they really want to get back some of that revenue, they should make those GSTVs some sort of pay-per-view or video game?

Certain you are right, to some extent.

When I mentioned that theory to my C-Store Manager wife years ago,
she said it's funny that so many pay at the pump, then come in anyway.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunzo
Originally Posted by BALLISTIK
I rarely visit stations that have them, but I've read that there is a mute button.

[Linked Image from thedrive.com]

It works, or has for me. Thinking I read this here & when the screen started blaring I couldn't remember if it was 2nd or 3rd button. It was the second. Kindof a fuzzy feeling, throwing an ad block on their chit.

Worked for me today.
Thank you!

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Couple of places I bought gas had them for a while but don't now. I was irritated by them

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Gas pumps remind me of self checkout

Where’s my w-2 ?

I’d rather walk

I was always such a failure on book report day in my one-room schoolhouse. I’d rather have been playing with my pet piglet.

Argggggghhhh!!!

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord

Where’s my w-2 ?

I’d rather walk

I was always such a failure on book report day in my one-room schoolhouse. I’d rather have been playing with my pet piglet.

Argggggghhhh!!!

Wabi tells me some of the gas pumps are green now for Christmas. That's festive.

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Saying they’re a distraction is being mild. Audiovisuals promoting whatever money can buy on a device pumping a potential high explosive and definitely volatile liquid from a great big tank into your vehicle.

If a person is that close to catastrophe while doing something as simple a pumping gasoline, someone should take their license away.

Imagine a scenario where the steps are 1) insert the nozzle in your tank, and 2) squeeze the handle, and because there is TV audio he forgets 1) and dumps gas on himself while smoking. That isn't the sort of brain anyone wants driving on public roads.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by slumlord

Where’s my w-2 ?

I’d rather walk

Argggggghhhh!!!

Wabi tells me some of the gas pumps are green now for Christmas. That's festive.

So nice

I took a picture with my 9ft usb cable kodak 1.2 megapixel and printed of nice 8x10 of the gas station lady Imogene as she was refilling the hot dog roller. So nice.
I like the way she wraps a towel paper arou9d my wiener and gives me extra stadium mustard

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Convenience stores really "screwed the pooch" when they added pay at the pump...lost all the impulse buyers.
Maybe - but most just leave their vehicle there while they walk in for other stuff......blocking the damned pump until they saunter on back..

Many around here had to go to 'pay at the pump' or 'pre-pay' due to the plethora of drive-offs since the pandemic - especially with them vehicles sportin' blue & white plates...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Futura
And they play at boomer volume. It’s obnoxious.

Very true. The first few times I used them it startled the hell out of me.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Saying they’re a distraction is being mild. Audiovisuals promoting whatever money can buy on a device pumping a potential high explosive and definitely volatile liquid from a great big tank into your vehicle.

If a person is that close to catastrophe while doing something as simple a pumping gasoline, someone should take their license away.

Imagine a scenario where the steps are 1) insert the nozzle in your tank, and 2) squeeze the handle, and because there is TV audio he forgets 1) and dumps gas on himself while smoking. That isn't the sort of brain anyone wants driving on public roads.

Agree 100%

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Talking gas pimps are a new one on me. We are primitive up here, I guess. I like it that way.

When I first hit the ground up here, they had a real gas pump in Hope. Glass 5 gallon glass bottle on top that you manually pumped full, or to whatever level, and then gravity drained into the vehicle. Then went inside, told owner what you pumped and paid for it. If there was a price posted, it was likely hand written on a piece of cardboard and taped to the pump. Pretty cool. Jaw jacking was free....What could go wrong?

No drive-offs either. He kept a rifle behind the counter, "For the bears", which sometimes wandered through town towards their fueling station in the creek.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Redneck
Convenience stores really "screwed the pooch" when they added pay at the pump...lost all the impulse buyers.
Maybe - but most just leave their vehicle there while they walk in for other stuff......blocking the damned pump until they saunter on back..

Many around here had to go to 'pay at the pump' or 'pre-pay' due to the plethora of drive-offs since the pandemic - especially with them vehicles sportin' blue & white plates...

When prices went nuts (2007?) drive offs became a real problem,
the company my wife works for went "Pay before pumping".

It didn't take long to see a big increase of the pay at the pump option,
which increased credit sales over cash sales. To the tune of between$2500 and $3000 in extra credit card fees. Per month, per station.

They did away with that requirement, except at their stations serving more travelers.
Training.... and management enforcing the procedures, reduced drive offs to a few
per month. $4-500 in drive offs is better than paying the banks $3000.

P.S. The stations that allow pumping before you pay did not publicize it.
Just kinda let it happen. As it became known, they picked up quite a bit
of business from local, cash customers. Folks really don't like going in to prepay,
then chasing down their change, sometimes waiting in line twice....myself included!

It's funny to see city folk come in to prepay.
Three explanations, darn near have to do pictographs.

"Just fill it up, come back in and pay!"

They can't process it,😳😳😳😳

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I hate the mfers. Makes me want to throw my cordless drill and a couple of construction screws in the pickup.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

177 members (1eyedmule, 007FJ, 1_deuce, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 204guy, 26 invisible), 2,061 guests, and 1,048 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,079
Posts18,501,616
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.