Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I have been using this while cruising around the woods this year. Holds, gloves, knife, bins, etc stuff pretty nicely.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

https://store.bigwoodsbucks.com/big-woods-bucks-mid-size-fanny-pack

It works good for day trekking around the deer woods. It'd hold a decent sized lunch, as a nice liner.

Figured I'd through it out as another option.

Semper Fi
GB1

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Geez, real nice guns there!

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Thanks Longarm. Appreciate it.

Semper Fi
F
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
After too much looking, I finally made a choice.

I considered how often I get afield, and how much of that is for daypack hunts vs. big pack hunts. Going through all the stuff I dislike about the current pack really helped whittle down the list of contenders. Several were ruled-out because of layout, ease of compartment/pocket access, size, weight, and cost. Free shipping and return policy were also considerations.

In the end, I went with the KUIU Divide 1500 in Valo pattern. It seems to be the best all-around match for me. Should it rub me the wrong way when it arrives, I can send it back.

I will say the process reaffirmed my thoughts about guns, boots, & optics: there's a lot of stuff that will work for a lot of people, and just because they like it or hate it doesn't mean it will or won't work for you. We each gotta make the best choice for ourselves.

Thanks for the input!

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Originally Posted by JLH3
Originally Posted by TakeEm
Stone Glacier Avail 2200 is what I use currently.

I love mine

Love mine too, but I've never viewed it as an overnight option.

That’s why I prefer the Kiowa to the Avail.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by longarm
Originally Posted by Oklahomahunter
I use a Kifaru Antero and it’s been great.

With a belt it looks like $475? For a nylon day pack? Insanity... ain't gonna happen.

You don’t need a belt with it the way it’s designed. They just get in the way with a day pack anyway.

There’s a couple things that go along with this. It’s a 100% made in the USA pack, and by that every component in the pack is sourced on the US as well as every ounce of labor to hand sew it. If you ever used one you’d be sold. Not only is it (in my and many other opinions) the best pack made, but their customer service and support is second to none. Kifaru actually is made for, supported by, and designed for the outdoors. They support real outdoor and hunting organizations and not a single penny you see goes back to another country. They just moved shop from CO to WY.

In the end I’ll buy once and cry once. I use the hell out of my gear and this holds up. It’s with me everyday whether I’m on a plane, going on a hike, taking Boy Scouts camping, or running to my office. I’m happy with the purchase and the value. Obviously YMMV.

F
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Folically_Challenged
In the end, I went with the KUIU Divide 1500 in Valo pattern.

And naturally, they mark it down almost a third yesterday. I thought it was a solid value @ $179, & now it's $130. Might be worth a look if you're considering a new pack.

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Folically Challenged: I won't be much help here other than to offer its hard to find the "perfect" Day Hunting back pack!
My search centered on "quietness" because I often Hunt Elk in thick cover. I finally found one and it IS quiet - I mean you can't make it make a sound!
BUT.... the soft clothey material it is made from picks up EVERY burr, EVERY twig, EVERY pine needle, every cactus needle (I use this camo'ed cloth day pack for Antelope Hunting) that it touches.
If YOU find a quiet (soft) daypack that does not pickup everything it touches let me know.
I will say this once I set down to rest or get to a lookout spot it helps pass the time while I pick off the gathered debris on this otherwise wonderful day pack.
Good luck in your search.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (222Sako, 1badf350, 160user, 1minute, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 58 invisible), 2,534 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,339
Posts18,487,720
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.