Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
I have done a little research and found a product called Pedal Commander that is supposed to significantly decrease the throttle lag that plagues the Tacoma. Anyone try one of these things?

But tacomas are so great, why would you need to buy aftermarket gizmos for throttle response? Lol

I've owned a few tacomas, 2001 x2 (double and reg cab), 2009, 2010, and 2013. 2.7, 3.4, and 4.0 engines. I also owned a 2012 nissan frontier. The frontier was better in almost every category except aftermarket parts.

How's the resale on a Frontier?

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have learned that a Tacoma will pull away from a Ferrari. Amazing.

A
AML Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Brother has 350k on his xterra but maybe the build quality on a frontier is not up to that.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Both are grocery getters

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
My son just got rid of his frontier, my neighbor has a Tacoma. They were about the same age 2014ish. I'd take the frontier over the Tacoma. I find the Tacoma a dog, whereas the frontier while not as refined could get out of its own way.

It's good to lead - it's better to lead by example.
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
I have done a little research and found a product called Pedal Commander that is supposed to significantly decrease the throttle lag that plagues the Tacoma. Anyone try one of these things?

But tacomas are so great, why would you need to buy aftermarket gizmos for throttle response? Lol

I've owned a few tacomas, 2001 x2 (double and reg cab), 2009, 2010, and 2013. 2.7, 3.4, and 4.0 engines. I also owned a 2012 nissan frontier. The frontier was better in almost every category except aftermarket parts.

No idea and I don't care. Look up kbb if you want to know.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Lol. Everyone knows

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Lol. Everyone knows

That tacoma leafsprings ride the overload spring with a cooler in the back? Yes, everyone knows that. Or that tacoma frames are as stout as spaghetti noodles? Yep.

W
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
W

Lol. Everyone knows

That tacoma leafsprings ride the overload spring with a cooler in the back? Yes, everyone knows that. Or that tacoma frames are as stout as spaghetti noodles? Yep.

Well, I transported 25 bags of masonry cement, at 75 lbs per bag, from Smithfield, N.C. to Forest City, N.C., with a 2013 Tacoma. That’s hauling 1875 lbs about 250 miles. Overloaded for sure, but the truck held up very well. I was pretty surprised as how it handled the load.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Lol. Everyone knows

Well, I transported 25 bags of masonry cement, at 75 lbs per bag, from Smithfield, N.C. to Forest City, N.C., with a 2013 Tacoma. That’s hauling 1875 lbs about 250 miles. Overloaded for sure, but the truck held up very well. I was pretty surprised as how it handled the load.

~300 in the bed, another 2200 on the trailer. 16mpg, no issues.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Me

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Other than riding on the overload spring because the leafs were flat as a pancake lol

I've owned 5 of them, I'm well aware what their strengths and weaknesses are.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 12/10/23.
T
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
T
I went Nissan figuring the upfront cost was better in my pocket, still happy. Have friends with both.

Once camped with a Toyota group unplanned. They kicked me around in fun for hours- then confessed to their problems. Neither is a winner in all categories, both are decent in most.
Pick the one that fits you, your lifestyle, and your budget.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Other than riding on the overload spring because the leafs were flat as a pancake lol

They sucked so bad that you went ahead and bought 5 of them. LOL, can't make this sh i t up..

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I have a 2019 Frontier, crew cab, 4.0 V6 and 5spd automatic.

Bought it in 2020 with 21,000 on it and it has 51,000 now. It's been flawless.

With the street tires that came with it, I have hit just over 22mpg, but when I switched to AT's, MPG's dropped to about 19. It'll get 16mpg pulling my pop-up camper, with good power to climb Colorado mountain passes.

My single complaint is the turning radius is excessive for a small truck. My wife's Jeep Wrangler (4dr), will turn circles inside of it.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by TRnCO

They sucked so bad that you went ahead and bought 5 of them. LOL, can't make this sh i t up..

I don't believe I ever said they sucked, apparently you do like to make s hit up. But their quality has certainly fallen throughout the years. Like post 4.0 engine.

I can say I will never own another.

Lol lol derp lol....f ucking tard.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 12/13/23.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
No experience with the Nissan, but had a '17 Tacoma for about three months. No power down low, would often be in 5th gear on the freeway. At high elevation with a head wind would need to be in 4th gear. Transmission hunting constantly. Transmission fluid was low from the factory - verified manually and not by the Techstream. Pissed me off when I drove it and got rid of it.

Got a 17 4Runner which was great, zero issues. Just sold it for something bigger, with a bed, and more powerful, but did love the 4Runner.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by TRnCO

I don't believe I ever said they sucked, apparently you do like to make s hit up. But their quality has certainly fallen throughout the years. Like post 4.0 engine.

I can say I will never own another.

Lol lol derp lol....f ucking tard.

Yeah, you're right, you didn't use the word "sucked" but in many words you implied it and that's why you just admitted they suck so bad that you'll never own another.

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Datsun Lovers _ sheesh

09TACO

B L M - Bureau of Land Management
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Drove my ‘23 Tacoma today. Spends most of its time in the barn. Have to say that I have to get use to driving it as I drove diesels prior to this truck. Nice truck, a bit anemic on power. Gotta get use to it. MTG

Vena dura, ocyus occide, excusas non offer!
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Pm sent

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

132 members (14idaho, 1beaver_shooter, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 300_savage, 16penny, 21 invisible), 1,419 guests, and 1,011 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,864
Posts18,478,655
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.