Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I have two 6mm CM rifles, I don't have a 6.5mm and don't see a reason to buy one.

HR IC

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I have a 24” bbl 6mm CM and absolutely love it. I have used it for many deer and hogs and it’s great. I really like the 105gr Hybrids. Knowing what I know now, I would have picked a 22” bbl for handling but the gun shoots.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have 243 Kreed’s in 20,21,22 and 24”. Build for balance/handling and rest assured,that the performance WILL be there. Hint…………..

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I have two 6 CM , the 105 berger kills like lightning.

HMM-161, HMM-364
Semper Fi Brothers
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
The 105gr. Berger work very well But I go with the 105 Scenar or the 108 Eld-M because I have a bunch of both, tried the 112 gr. Barnes Match Burner when culling Does they were like shooting FMJ , can't recommend them for hunting. Rio7

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The .620BC 112 MB has no equal,even in a 20" or two. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Just saying.....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by RIO7
The 105gr. Berger work very well But I go with the 105 Scenar or the 108 Eld-M because I have a bunch of both, tried the 112 gr. Barnes Match Burner when culling Does they were like shooting FMJ , can't recommend them for hunting. Rio7
I bought a few hundred of those Barnes 112 gr., just to try, guess they'll be mainly target practice or head shots only.
My FC and Ruger are very capable!

HMM-161, HMM-364
Semper Fi Brothers
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Of course you are guessing. The 112's are without peer. Hint.

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Just saying...................

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Appreciate you sharing your experience, Rio. Matchburners will be relegated to paper punchin'.

ttpoz

in silvam ne ligna feras
(don't carry logs into the forest)
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Every time it’s about the heaviest of possible bullets with high bc and long range. I see the 6mm doing that but also killing called coyotes with 70-80 grain class bullets at 3,500+fps. A true duel purpose. A 112 grain .620 bc 6mm is a fine paper puncher, but offers only one dimensional thought. Open minded folks would include the entire enchilada from light weights to heavies and therefore the 6mm makes more of an all encompassing paper puncher, antelope and deer killer and a fine varmint slayer.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
BEST bullet,never doesn't not win and handily. I realize none of you Dumb Fhuqkers actually shoot and I enjoy that oblivious HILARITY. Hint.

I "only" shoot the aforementioned 112's in 6x45,6ARC,243 Grendel,6BR,Kreed',243,243AI,6-284 and Six Twat-Six. Have yet to see them "FMJ",but I shoot wares that actually exist. I'd have zero qualm,up to and including Mooseses. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!....................

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
BS show us more of your bells and whistles and your kills at extreme distances on big game. Why would I want to shoot a 112 grain .620 bc bullet at a 150 yard called in Nebraska or Kansas coyote? A one dimensional thinker all the way, you should actually get out more and hunt rather than drill paper and inanimate objects. Laughable logic when considering all hunting parameters a firearm can produce due to calibers bullet weight range. Show us how many big game animals have been taken by you at long range with your illustrious 7mm-08 Remington and .760 bc. Show us the expanded bullet at 700 yards of a .760 7mm bullet. You won’t because you can’t. Stick BS to punching paper, stop pontificating on knowing much about killing big game animals, that’s your imagination and pretend. Don’t get hurt feelers.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
he keeps sticking his nose in the hunting forums lol, he should just stick to the regular campfire section, not sure one could have enough time to hunt to talk about hunting gear in hunting sections with 57,203 posts lol, fhuqking clueless drooling [bleep] wink

since this is a 'hunting rifles' public forum one should remember perspective, always caveat 'if you reload then you can add 50% more versatility' but most hunters don't so there's that, isn't there another sub section that the reloaders can go circle jerk in and compare willy sizes? you're discussing topics for general public here, funny how reloaders think majority reload and basically leave most people out of the discussion as soon as they start talking, then poor jimmy gets steered to an obscure cartridge because some drooling clueless fhuqking [bleep] windbag like stick steers him poorly lol, you want these guys choosing the most future proof and reliable to get off the shelf the most places possible options...can't say I've seen any 112 super match whiz bangs loaded up and ready to rock by hornady or federal lol...hint

lmao, best bullet...how bout best range of bullets factory loaded in the most stores in North America? what a jackazz

and to try to keep things on track to the topic and sub section...the cut off line between true big game calibers is 6.5 and up, everything below that line is niche...fill yer boots

Last edited by stinkycoyote; 12/09/23.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Crying CLUELESS Karens,will always find reason(s) to Whine...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You Drooling Do NOTHING Dumb Fhuqks are a hoot! Pardon Physics upsetting you so,along with wares that simply exist,as you Pretend aloud. Hint.

As an aside,the .284" ELD-M 180 wears a .796BC. I only shoot same in 7-08,7-08AI,284Win,280,280AI and 7mm RemMags. At least you Fhuqktards "get" to read about it. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The biggest advantage your 180 ELDMs have over a similar Berger is a generally lower cost, assuming that factors into your requirements...

Too close for irons, switching to scope...
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Boogers are farrrrr more zookie than the 180 ELD M and,can't even begin to match their BC,in a given mass. I muchly prefer ELD M Terminal Effects. Hint.....................

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Whoopdy doo. You shoot everything except game animals. Your .760 BC/.796 BC concern shows how clueless you are about the actual commenting and discussion regarding options and various hunting applications. Big Stick, the one trick pony with smoke and mirror photos, but no actual game animals or bullet performance indicators. Laughing hard all the way. Puzzling that you live in Alaska but you don’t hunt, what’s up with that?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It is funnier than fhuqk,that Droolers suffering your “means”,”abilities” and “comprehension” can’t even begin to fhuqking fathom the magnitude. Hint.

Keep extolling your very WELL founded Insecurities,as you “live” vicariously. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!………….

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Needs the high BC to penetrate the water to stun the fish in trickle creek. And then he can throw his gun and pole down, and pretend he knows how to fish, as well. LOL

Blowhard blowfart

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Boogers are farrrrr more zookie than the 180 ELD M and,can't even begin to match their BC,in a given mass. I muchly prefer ELD M Terminal Effects. Hint.....................

The only in flight blow ups I've seen have without exception been Hornadys, often in major matches. A false economy for certain. Wind calls and consistent BCs bullet to bullet matter far more at long range than a small calculated advantage.

Too close for irons, switching to scope...
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

87 members (35, Akhutr, 10gaugemag, Amos63, 16 invisible), 1,587 guests, and 883 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,628
Posts18,492,941
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.