Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
1st both the 6mm and 6.5 Creedmoor are good cartridges in a rifle . i hunt a little different than many i sit in 8 ft. stand in a tamarac swamp with 100 yd. ,200 ,yard , 300 ,yard , lanes cut by son and i also use a J8 bombadier to keep chit knocked down too. so i never know what distance that buck gives me shot at ,sometimes it could be 50 yards out to 300 yards ,i will get 1 shot the bucks up here in Northern Minnesota are like Canadian whitetail bucks there just much bigger 200 -350 lbs. i know we have killed them. so i use a fast cartridge 257 Weatherby mag. velocity 3700 -3800 FPS there is no time to mess or play around trying to figure out the distance ,you will get 5 - 20 seconds most of the time to shoot or pass on that buck . so i need a bullet that knocks the chit out of that buck and the bullet stays together and not blow apart at close range the bullet brands i have had great success with in my state and out west are these 3 > 100 gr. Nosler Partitions , 100 gr. Swift A-Frames and these newer 103 gr. Hammer Hunter bullets for around the last 20-25 years now with a fast cartridge like 257 Weatherby mag. have had poor luck with 115 gr. Berger hunting bullets they blow up inside animal on the closer shots , yes Berger bullets kill but i hate tracking bucks in a wet nasty swamp. probably in a slower cartridge / smaller buck Berger bullets like in a Creedmoor cartridge are probably fine but where i hunt won`t use them anymore hunting bigger bucks.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
HR IC

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I only shoot them expressly in .17,.22,.243,.257,.264 and .284”. Though barely in 100+ barrels. Hint.

There is nothing “small” in their BC advantages. Hint.

Bless your heart for trying though.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!………..

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
bless your heart too , your right in a way i just like Speed . take care Pete53 > its raining and snowing here

Last edited by pete53; 12/09/23.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Anybody ever use the match burners on game

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KenMi
Blowhard blowfart

LOL ...... Nailed it! smile

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You Professional Victims are fhuqking HILARIOUS! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!………..

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Fotis
Anybody ever use the match burners on game

Stick states that he does and shoots everything in the head at over 1,000 yds.....

HMM-161, HMM-364
Semper Fi Brothers
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Keep The Hurt Feeler Reports coming ladies and unleash your very WELL founded Brokedick Insecurities,as you Pretend aloud. Hint.

Do not forget,that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!………

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Never know what i am going to shoot here on the ranch, Coyote, Bobcat, Cull Buck,Doe, little Pig, Big Pig, Bigger Pig, I found the Barnes Match Burner 112 gr. out of my 6 CM to be a poor hunting choice from close to far, Accurate as Hell, if you can shoot them in the Ear Hole they work like any FMJ i have never caught one in a critter YMMV. Rio7

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Didn’t check “wound tracks”. Full penetration, naturally, and innards were soup. Exit holes weren’t big. Didn’t process these two, so can’t comment on the amount of jellied meat. Shot was too high on one so he travelled maybe 100 yards, but was bled out inside. The doe’s heart was cut loose and rolled out when I opened her up. She went about 20 yards in full view.

In the past, I’ve had a lot of meat jellied pretty far from the hit by bullet and maybe bone fragments. For whatever deer shooting I’ll do in the future, I plan on using monos or bonded to reduce that. Last four I gunned were with those, and except for that high shot, all went down quickly. 6.5 Grendel, .308, and these two with the 6.

Thank you! Answers the question, and I appreciate it.

Sounds like the results with plenty of bigger cartridges alright. The detached heart is wild.

I hunt about exclusively with monos as well.

Last edited by Igloo; 12/09/23.

But I'm a broken man on a Halifax pier,
The last of Barrett's Privateers
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Igloo
Didn’t check “wound tracks”. Full penetration, naturally, and innards were soup. Exit holes weren’t big. Didn’t process these two, so can’t comment on the amount of jellied meat. Shot was too high on one so he travelled maybe 100 yards, but was bled out inside. The doe’s heart was cut loose and rolled out when I opened her up. She went about 20 yards in full view.

In the past, I’ve had a lot of meat jellied pretty far from the hit by bullet and maybe bone fragments. For whatever deer shooting I’ll do in the future, I plan on using monos or bonded to reduce that. Last four I gunned were with those, and except for that high shot, all went down quickly. 6.5 Grendel, .308, and these two with the 6.

Thank you! Answers the question, and I appreciate it.

Sounds like the results with plenty of bigger cartridges alright. The detached heart is wild.

I hunt about exclusively with monos as well.

Not the only time I’ve seen that. Just about perfect from a killing perspective.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
The 6 creed recoils less and shoots flatter with its most slippery bullets. There’s nothing I’d shoot with one that I wouldn’t shoot with the other. There’s the ammo availability issue, which for those that prepare well is a non-issue

Regarding preparedness, I have seen 2 guys who traveled a long way by road to hunt in Colorado only to arrive without any ammo for their rifles.

One guy was going elk hunting near Durango and ended up buying a Remington 710 to hunt with 'cause there wasn't any 7MM Weatherby ammo to be found anywhere near enough for him to have it for the first day of his hunt. I don't know how it worked out for him, but I kind of felt sorry that he had to buy a package gun for what might have been a once in a lifetime hunt.

The other guy was going deer hunting near Wray. Like the guy in Durango, he had a rifle chambered for a cartridge without any ammo available anywhere close by, a 6.5x55. I loaned him my spare rifle, a Husqvarna in 30-06, and he got to punch his tag.

I'm a long time believer in making packing lists and of checking them twice, but stuff happens even to those who have the best intentions. Having a rifle chambered for a common cartridge when things don't go as planned is never a bad idea.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not the only time I’ve seen that. Just about perfect from a killing perspective.

Comes with hitting the big blood vessels just on top leading out of it?

Doesn't get more "turned off" than detached and free floating lol

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

2 seasons ago I shot a buck with a 7mm-08 at 160 yards, when I opened him up his heart was untouched but attached to nothing, including the great vessels.

Now on my 4th elk with 6mm/243, I find it to be quite capable. A new 6mm CM is in the works.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It appears that y'all are having fun with Little Twig again. I should really take him off ignore so I can enjoy his drunken, psychotic ramblings as he attempts to belittle folks who he knows are more intelligent than himself. And trying to say someone is "poorer" than he is.....while running a chainsaw for a living. 😂😂😂
Sheet, I'd bet many here could afford to buy the whole side of the mountain he lives on. Pfft....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by smallfry

2 seasons ago I shot a buck with a 7mm-08 at 160 yards, when I opened him up his heart was untouched but attached to nothing, including the great vessels.

Now on my 4th elk with 6mm/243, I find it to be quite capable. A new 6mm CM is in the works.

Cool! What bullet have you been shooting elk with?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If complete pass through's are atop your menu,the 112 MB ain't your Huckleberry,if only because that isn't their behavior pattern. Hint.

Admittedly,few things are funnier than a Whining Brokedick,"flaunting" her Imaginary Pretend Ignore...the "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!!

Imitation,remains THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Will a 6mm bullet kill a deer?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Only if no one tells it that it was only a 6mm bullet.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
One Fed blue box and 3 with Hrdy 100 gr btsp. All but one has been a deer hunt that became an elk hunt. Not uncommon where I am. I’ve shot a few deer with the hrdy 105 btsp and really like that bullet. The rifles is a fast twist 700 18” barrel. The plan is a 6mm CM 20” threaded barrel.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

67 members (7mm_Loco, 300_savage, 99Ozarks, 6MMWASP, Akhutr, 7 invisible), 1,692 guests, and 781 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,626
Posts18,492,908
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.