Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
A
Alan_C Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Yesterday I was in Wally World and there was a stack of Red Ryder BB guns. I think they were like $29 . Had one as a kid and bought another later in life just because I wanted to. I picked up one on the stack and was interested to see where it was made. It was made in China. No surprise. Is the Daisy plant in Arkansas’s closed up? There was a day when you could send a gun in for repair!

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What did you think of those self checkout terminals?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by slumlord

Those are the debbil

I got W2s for about 8 places now

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
A
Alan_C Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Thank god some places are going to do away with self checkout.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I used to pheasant hunt with Sam Walton, we’d go get $6 haircut too. Play checkers, sip Coors

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Was he that guy in that old timey show, had a kid named John Boy

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yes, thatMs how got rich at first. Being a tv star

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lots of business owners in the hunting/outdoor community are just human filth for having anything made in Chinkerland.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Everyone knows that

dummmass

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My underbrush brand leafy suit made in usa, came from wal marts

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Last time I was in a Walmarks was on the way to Houston TX

Stopped in Kentucky somewhere

Got a new windshield wiper and wrecked the schitter

Last edited by Beretta_Shooter916; 12/09/23.

- Darth Vader
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
u put yor i out wrond iy...

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Yup pretty disgraceful, I went to buy a pretty cool Ka-Bar pocket knife and I look on the box and it’s made in China, no thanks!

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Alan_C
I think they were like $29 .

Cheaper is always better regardless of how exotic the origin has to be to get there.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I think there’s light at the end of the tunnel. Was e-shopping leaf blowers yesterday and one of the candidates was made in Canuckia and the other Meh-hee-co.

Getting closer….

Heard the Chinese were selling some of their U.S. land holdings because they need the money. Their economy is collapsing. No source yet.

What fresh Hell is this?
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Build back better.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yesterday I was in Wally World and there was a stack of Red Ryder BB guns. I think they were like $29 . Had one as a kid and bought another later in life just because I wanted to. I picked up one on the stack and was interested to see where it was made. It was made in China. No surprise. Is the Daisy plant in Arkansas’s closed up? There was a day when you could send a gun in for repair!
Don't know about their plant in Arkansas and if Daisy doesn't work on them, there's a place in Ohio that fixes & rebuilds vintage & newer air guns, and that includes Daisy BB guns according to their web site, www.Bakerairguns.com. He did an old mid 60's Crosman CO2 pellet gun that I sent him a few years ago and they have a lot of vintage restored air guns for sale. So if anyone wants to get that old Red Ryder fixed up........

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Not surprised

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Trump was on the right path to bring factories back home. Tariffs. Tariffs on not only China, but all goods coming into the US except maybe China and maybe Mexico (too keep illegals there working instead of crossing the border). Then put tariffs on Mexican made goods if they don't stop the drugs and help stop the illegals.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Different sort of "Red" in Red Rider these days.
Most Red Riders come outta universities after being programmed as pawns for the left.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dixie_Dude
Trump was on the right path to bring factories back home. Tariffs. Tariffs on not only China, but all goods coming into the US except maybe China and maybe Mexico (too keep illegals there working instead of crossing the border). Then put tariffs on Mexican made goods if they don't stop the drugs and help stop the illegals.
Our local John Deere plant is putting up some new buildings and doing some land scaping. Something is going on. It's the big buildings that have me wondering what are they going to be doing in there.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

At the end of the day, we get higher prices through tariffs or because cost of production is higher in the US. If you can't fix cost of production here, you are just raising prices.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Heard the Chinese were selling some of their U.S. land holdings because they need the money. Their economy is collapsing. No source yet.

Nothing is collapsing anywhere... it all just transferring to the Global Elite.

Geopolitical hate for Russia, China, America is a manipulated game by the 0.1% puppet-masters.

In another 10 years... the average American will be as poor as a Chinaman...

Or to put it another way... In another 10 years the average Chinaman... will be as wealthy as the average brokedick American.

It is what people WANT!

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Lots of business owners in the hunting/outdoor community are just human filth for having anything made in Chinkerland.

business owners are doing what they should be doing....giving people a choice.....its up to you and I to make the right choice....bob

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bob_mt

business owners are doing what they should be doing....giving people a choice.....its up to you and I to make the right choice....bob

I agree. Not everybody can drop $400 for a Mystery Ranch pack, but they can afford a Chi-com knock-off for $200. Should they give up the sport because they can't afford American-made gear? Good money says the device we are posting on contains Chinese parts if it wasn't out-right Chinese produced.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Das why I buys my balls from Hornady!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Das why I buys my balls from Hornady!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Sad to hear but I see more stuff made in USA ( some with global parts) than I did in years , and I see less that is made from China. One poster said it is sickening to see our stuf made in China . Scopes seem to be that way and we have a guy names Bigstick that promotes the heck out of the China brand... No sense of patriotism at all . No surprise there, he voted for Obama.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by ihookem
Scopes seem to be that way and we have a guy names Bigstick that promotes the heck out of the China brand...

Can you recommend a 100% American made scope please?

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Who even makes a US scope?

Even Leupold is "designed, machined, and assembled" in the US, not "Made in the USA". They source a lot of Chinese components. Most Trijicon stuff is Japanese made.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Is not... the very definition of the words "Whiny Bitch"...

A person that complains excessively, without offering any sort of remedy?

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Manufacturing is a complicated proposition here. It has slowly been choked to death by excessive government intervention and inflation. Inflation is a way for Roberto increase tax revenues. Fees, regulations and licensing put undue restrictions on manufacturers. All this raises prices to where it’s no longer viable to keep production in country. China has cheap labor and fewer government involvement in industry. They also own a lot of shipping and we give them pretty much free import duty.
Trump’s policies helped but you can’t move the mountain in four years without help from Congress. Government agencies have to be accountable. Congress made them specifically so They wouldn’t be held accountable. Our government has devolved into a giant Ponzi scheme and we’re supporting it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Don’t know much about prior to WW2 but since the war ended in the late 1940’s our government has prioritized supporting industry, production and development in foreign countries while regulating and destroying production and industry in this country. Remember when “made in Japan” was synonymous with cheap crap. Now the Japanese make some high quality products. Same thing is happening all over the world and our government not only encourages it, but they support it financially with money we don’t have.

Excessive and unnecessary government regulation has resulted in most of the products we use being produced in third world countries. Red Ryder BB guns are no different.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slumlord

Don't use them

I pick up at the curb

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Not the Frankenstud Sling Keeper

It's never going to be sourced out of my own shop

I'll quit selling them before that

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by kwg020
Our local John Deere plant is putting up some new buildings and doing some land scaping. Something is going on. It's the big buildings that have me wondering what are they going to be doing in there.

kwg

Probably housing illegal aliens.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My Daisy 25 I got in 1961 is now made in China too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daisy_Model_25

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
scumload: You are just a useful idiot - let me correct that YOU have no logical "usefulness" - you are just an idiot with NOTHING of value to add here!
EVER!
Sad that.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Clarkm

I got one of those a 3 or 4 years after I got my Red Ryder at age 5 in 1965 for Christmas.

The model 25 seemed to be a little more powerful.
Mine had the Nylon or plastic stocks. Good times! 🤠

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I wish he would have taken it further. If we can't own land or businesses in your country, you can't own them in ours. If your citizens can't own guns, scopes and gun parts, you can't sell them to us.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
scumload: You are just a useful idiot - let me correct that YOU have no logical "usefulness" - you are just an idiot with NOTHING of value to add here!
EVER!
Sad that.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

You were strangely silent when I posted pics of my awesome deer blind and any of the kills past or present, pics I post up.

Considering you NEVER post pics of anything you’ve accomplished, built, killed, dragged home, etc. NOTHING. JUST TALK…hot gas.

You couldn’t build a bird house. Congrats you 4-F flat foot fugk

I hope the feds visit your doorstep you mouthy lying ass bottomfeeder. And I dont wish that on anyone.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by Clarkm

I got one of those a 3 or 4 years after I got my Red Ryder at age 5 in 1965 for Christmas.

The model 25 seemed to be a little more powerful.
Mine had the Nylon or plastic stocks. Good times! 🤠

At age 10 I had the BB gun that did not seem to kill anything.
At age 12 I had a Crossman 22 cal pellet gun... and I was eating robin meat.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Oh wow LOL

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Varmint gay is fired up

A
Alan_C Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
I think Trump and a few others have the ability and courage to bring back some of what we have lost in the manufacturing . Tax incentives both state, and federal. I think creative employment hiring, such as but not limited to, people who have student loans could go to work in certain sectors where they could pay off their loan and could actually learn something of real value.? Prisoners could be making more things other than license plates ( if they still do). Lots of retired folks would like a part time job.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by drop_point

Even Leupold is "designed, machined, and assembled" in the US, not "Made in the USA". They source a lot of Chinese components. Most Trijicon stuff is Japanese made.

Make a list of our country's enemies. Is Japan on the list?

It's very disengenuous to say just because a particular type of product isn't 100% made in the U.S. that it's OK to go full traitor mode and buy from a country that is in direct opposition to ours.

During WW2 would your grandparents have bought products from Nazi Germany or Imperial Japan? What about during the Cold War, were you buying Soviet and Eastern Bloc products so you could save a few bucks?

Just because some classes of parts or products are only available from one country due to Corporate America's treasonous behavior doesn't justify saying I can't make better choices when I have options.

Don't try to normalize or rationalize treason.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by ihookem
Scopes seem to be that way and we have a guy names Bigstick that promotes the heck out of the China brand...

Can you recommend a 100% American made scope please?

NO I cant , cause there are no scopes 100% made in America and that was not what the thread is about. . I will go with fiber optic sights made in America before I go with a scope made in China. All my scopes were bought many years ago and are failing to some degree though.

Last edited by ihookem; 12/10/23.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Thank god some places are going to do away with self checkout.

I'm still waiting to be invited to the Walmart staff Christmas party, since I sort of work there now.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
EVER!
Sad that.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Hey dickweed - what do you call this? Huh?

Slumlord commenting on the same dude's buck

Maybe if you weren't such an a-hole, he'd teach you how to post pix of the cool animals you've killed, so he can post positive remarks.

But maybe not.

Hold into the dick

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Ramblin_Razorback

It's very disengenuous to say just because a particular type of product isn't 100% made in the U.S. that it's OK to go full traitor mode and buy from a country that is in direct opposition to ours.

During WW2 would your grandparents have bought products from Nazi Germany or Imperial Japan? What about during the Cold War, were you buying Soviet and Eastern Bloc products so you could save a few bucks?

Just because some classes of parts or products are only available from one country due to Corporate America's treasonous behavior doesn't justify saying I can't make better choices when I have options.

Depends on the grandparents.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_collaboration_with_Nazi_Germany#:~:text=Major%20American%20companies%20with%20investments,%2C%20Westinghouse%2C%20and%20United%20Fruit.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Seems you're putting words in my mouth. LEUPOLD is using Chinese stuff. Are they guilty of TREASON? You literally posted your comment on a device made in China or full of Chinese parts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Seems you're putting words in my mouth. LEUPOLD is using Chinese stuff. Are they guilty of TREASON? You literally posted your comment on a device made in China or full of Chinese parts.

I don't understand why people refuse to try to get the big picture. Avoiding anything made in China is impossible. Avoiding scopes that say "Made in China" on them is easy. There a plenty of cost and performance competitive scopes that do not say "Made in China" on them.

Is that fugking complicated?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Seems like half the stuff I need to buy here is found only at Walmart or Amazon. The only big department store left here is Target and I avoid that place like the plague. Sears, Penney's, Shopko, all gone.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Red Ryder = Red China

RL Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

I don't understand why people refuse to try to get the big picture. Avoiding anything made in China is impossible. Avoiding scopes that say "Made in China" on them is easy. There a plenty of cost and performance competitive scopes that do not say "Made in China" on them.

Is that fugking complicated?

So it's OK to be a hypocrite if you keep it on the down low????

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

294 members (10ring1, 12344mag, 257 mag, 270wsmnutt, 160user, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 26 invisible), 1,847 guests, and 1,010 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,450
Posts18,528,884
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.