-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's your Imagination,simply Pretend with it in the manner you NEED most. Hint.

A 264 Kreedmire will simply scoot a .697 BC at 2700fps,with very modest recoil and the 308 has NO "answer". Hint.

Pardon reality and the simple fact that I shoot it all and then some,as you wax eloquent on your Homoerotic Fantasies...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You'd need a fhuqking co-signer,for the tape alone. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...........

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
HR IC

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Lol-
The only person fhuqking laughing is the girl in front of you when you remove your pants-

You are a condescending clown as I have watched you try to crap on everyone in this forum. Who gives a crap about hitting a target that’s holding still at 600-900 yards. It holds still. Once you dial it in, it’s pretty much cruise control. Seriously? I gave one of my buddies a rifle of mine and called out his holds and he hit a 16” piece of steel on his first 5 shots. He had never shot at that distance before that day. I could have him confident at 600-800 yards in a half hour. Seriously, it’s not that big of a deal. BTW, that is with an 8 power scope on a m4.
Can you eat that target? Who gives a crap about your hand loading? You think you are the only one that can load ammunition?
You don’t know my history or my understanding of ballistics, military ballistics experience, commercial ammunition loading experience, etc..
None of that plays a role in hunting.
Thanks for the video of you beating up your rifle and trying to treat everyone like they are beneath you smile
Likely that shooting mat is the only thing you have laid on in a while lol.
Wash your mouth out and get some manners.
Your mother would be disgusted of you

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Think big Stick upset the cupcake.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by sidepass
Think big Stick upset the cupcake.

Hooked him on the first cast.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
lol-that’s just little girl drama stuff. I’m not pissed at all. Just feel like the members here deserve better treatment than what I’ve seen.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You Brokedick Crying Karens are a HOOT!...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Keep Pretending aloud with your GoogleFu. Pardon wares that exist,as you wax eloquent on your Hurt Feeler Reports. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...........

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Just recognize him as the lying blowhard fraud he is. LOL

All words, 57,000+ posts and absolutely ZERO to show for it. Deceived the ignorant for a while, but even most of them saw the BS after a while.

His "long range hunting" is head shooting a dink buck off the bait pile, and bragging about what a hard charger he is. LOL.

Throw another rifle in the rocks, put a stinky dead fish next to it, drool over big BC and OAL numbers, and look in a mirror and tell yourself you're the best. HINT. It's THE shtick.

farqueen laughing.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Saw a dude on YouTube making 1800 yard shots in 10-12 mph winds with a 308 winchester. He was using berger 200 grain bullets. The rifle was heavy enough, that he'd watch the impacts from the riflescope. He hand measured the bullets and determined that the ballistic coefficient was greater than .700.

I dunno what the handload was, but way out of my league. I've only run 200 grain bullets to 500. Bucked the windy/dusty Tanana badlands pirdy good. I've been loading at least a half dozen different 200 grain 308 win handloads since 2011.

Always chose the 240 bravo machine gun for my gun truck, over the 50 cal, because it was so reliable/convenient. Convenience and familiarity are the 7.62 nato. My gunner was only 5 ft 3 and had a hard time hoisting up a 50 cal to his turret. He'd be 20-30 minutes quicker set-up over the other gunners fking with the 50 cal.

Never could shake the 308 winchester. I've always appreciated what it is.

Manzos Alaskan 308 win load:

46 grains, leverevolution, 200 grain oryx, winchester brass, standard primer: 2600 fps. Bison legal.

Last edited by mainer_in_ak; 12/17/23.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
308 Winchester this October.
95 yards
Public land

All this blowhard long range stuff is for people who aren’t very good at hunting.it seems

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I’m guessing I could have shot at him a few more times to see what sort of group I got, but I was too busy breaking him down and packing after 1 shot

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak
Never could shake the 308 winchester. I've always appreciated what it is.

............................... cool............................

Ed
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Yep-It’s a good versatile cartridge-

I posted a picture of my “no answer” 308 results from this year for you lol

D
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
D
Good thing all them moose in Sweden and up north north in Alaska where the sourdoughs hunt with old Mausers don't know how weak the 6.5 bullets are for hunting. Of course, they don't have access to the interwebs, so they aren't up to speed.

The 139 Scenar in a 6.5 Creedmoor is more than equal to the 155 Scenar in a 308.

MRKbass2, have you ever even fired a 6.5 Creedmoor? Let alone hunted with one?

Didn't think so.

Originally Posted by MRKbass2
Killing power of a creedmoor sucks when you are elk hunting. If anyone wants to chase a wounded elk for a couple miles in thick timber, they are a fool.
Can you kill an elk with a creedmoor at reasonable distance? Yes
Can you also easily lose one at those distances? Yes

Who worries about recoil when you aren’t on a bench?
I can almost guarantee anyone that has shot an elk, and lost one with a creedmoor, now hunts with a 300 wsm or similar lol.
I have been hunting with the same rifle for 30 years. 225 grain partition dumps em every time. I couldn’t give two sh!+s about ballistic coefficients at 600 yards lol.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General John Stark.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
No-I am proud to say I haven’t been foolish enough to hunt elk with a creedmoor. I also prefer women.
A Lapua scenar is a crap bullet for hunting so I don’t even get the comparison you are trying to make. That is a target bullet, and would be my preference compared to throwing a rock, but that’s about it. I am just stating that all of this B.C. trash talk has absolutely ZERO to do with elk hunting. Unless BC stands for bullet construction, then I am listening. And a moose is an easier kill than an elk for what it’s worth

D
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
D
Based on the zero moose you've killed? With the zero Scenars you've seen in the field?

You "prefer women" but?

Originally Posted by MRKbass2
And a moose is an easier kill than an elk for what it’s worth

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Correct-
Zero Scenars.
Nobody around here is foolish to use that thing in the woods. Too many inexperienced people try to judge a bullet performance based on the facts that is drops 2” less at 500 yards. Who gives a crap about that?
Absolutely pointless. I want a bullet to perform when it connects, and Lapua does not make that bullet. Keep thinking what you like. I don’t need to feel like I convinced you. I’ll post more pics next fall of my elk that I shoot.

D
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
D
Not trying to convince you of anything.

There is an 85 page thread on this site specifically about killin things with Scenars.

Even elk.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...83/deceased-via-scenar-bullet-pix-please

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
If you can only choose one of the two calibers assuming your using it for hunting. 308 win is a no brainier. Accuracy is a tie, they can both shoot one hole groups at a 1000 yards. They've been using the .308 as a 1000 yard sniper rifle for years. If the slight more recoil from the .308 is a problem probably should stick to targets. Don't mean that in a bad way.

I wouldn't pay to much attention to Big Stick (little dick/mangina). He/she can give a hint but that's about it. Not capable of giving good explanations or making any sense of anything. He/she thinks he/she is good at belittling people. He/she doesn't realize we can see right through his mental illness. He/she needs to be under psychiatric care and maybe is. I feel sorry for He/she, it must be hard to live with those couple marbles bouncing around between the ears. I wish he/she the best, maybe someday you'll make some progress between the ears and be able to communicate like rest of us. Not like me to speak so unChristian like but he/she needs to get the message that it's hard going through life being an a55hole.

Good luck with your choice.

Adams

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
A hunter needs several of each, both kill well if a good shot is made.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I'm wondering how many of you guys have actually shot similar rifles chambered for these cartridges, side by side. Just to see how they compare? Say, even out to 400 yards. Doesn't even have to be out to 1,000.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 67 invisible), 2,314 guests, and 1,162 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,675
Posts18,513,267
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.