Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by SupFoo
Originally Posted by KillerBee
If there is a "Windswept and Intelligent" category this year, I nominate Beaver as the hands-down winner!

Anyone with me? cool

Well, we all know Canadian Beavers are the best.......

Negative!!! Everyone know the North American Hairless Beaver is this best. In both categories of taste and beauty
šŸ¤£

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
The competition for the Captain Cutnpaste award is ferocious this year.

Are you [bleep]'n kidding me?

Supfoo had that locked up by July 4th

Link?

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

One needs to go to the Miscellaneous realm below for more beaver, but I think policies have changed a bit to a more conservative side.

Last edited by 1minute; 12/12/23.

1Minute
L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Tide_Change
Imma resurrecting this, with a nomination for brother LBP for best picture thread of the year.

No need for me to bother posting a link, 99.64% of you have been perving on it behind closed doors. eek

Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by wabigoon
"Comparison is the theft of joy." TDR

Actually no...

Seeing a video of you being stomped into the mud by a heard of fats... would be the essence of joy.

Cash - now THAT would be fun, and a video of it would win a cinematography award for sure.

Wabi getting his ass stomped by LBP's herd of heifers. LOL

I graciously accept the nomination! Hell Yeah theyā€™re perving on it in private, who wouldnā€™t. If they say theyā€™re not they are lying pervs!! šŸ˜‰

Last edited by LBP; 12/12/23.

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by ALLongshot
If there is a "Windswept and Intelligent" category this year, I nominate Beaver as the hands-down winner!

Anyone with me? cool

Negative!!! Everyone know the North American Hairless Beaver is this best. In both categories of taste and beauty
šŸ¤£
Uhh no, beavers are better hairy!

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by LBP

Anyone with me? cool

šŸ¤£
Another thing that we agree on lol!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 1minute

Great pictures, is your wife still running a digital SLR or does she run a mirrorless version ?..... what basic rig is she using for mid range work ?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
is your wife still running a digital SLR or does she run a mirrorless version ?

My expectation is she will take a step into the mirrorless realm this year. Just a step, not a total immersion. That transition is not really a technological leap, as sensors, focusing, memory, and file structure, etc are basically the same. One has just knocked out the mirror which eliminates some noise, vibration, and probably allows more frames per second for those into action stuff. Given her investment in lenses, she'll probably stay with Canon. She has 3 Canon bodies (EOS 70D, a 5D, and a 7D).

Her bread-and-butter lenses are a couple 100-400mm zooms, and a 500mm prime. If one sticks with crop sensor bodies as opposed to full frame models (crops are essentially 1.4 or 1.6 multipliers), then the lenses are the optical equivalents of 160-640mm and an 800 mm prime. A great feature for wildlife tele stuff, but a hinderance for wide angle landscape scale images. Glass is where the real money goes. Adapters are available so one's lenses are still fully functional with the step up. New lens development has not really kept pace with the mirrorless transition. One can acquire a newer 600mm up to 800mm glass now for less than $2k. They are fairly slow though being in the F11 or 6.3 class, so a bit weak early and late in the day.

Have a good one,

Last edited by 1minute; 12/12/23.

1Minute
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 1minute
is your wife still running a digital SLR or does she run a mirrorless version ?

My expectation is she will take a step into the mirrorless realm this year. Just a step, not a total immersion. That transition is not really a technological leap, as sensors, focusing, memory, and file structure, etc are basically the same. One has just knocked out the mirror which eliminates some noise, vibration, and probably allows more frames per second for those into action stuff. Given her investment in lenses, she'll probably stay with Canon. She has 3 Canon bodies (EOS 70D, a 5D, and a 7D).

Her bread-and-butter lenses are a couple 100-400mm zooms, and a 500mm prime. If one sticks with crop sensor bodies as opposed to full frame models (crops are essentially 1.4 or 1.6 multipliers), then the lenses are the optical equivalents of 160-640mm and an 800 mm prime. A great feature for wildlife tele stuff, but a hinderance for wide angle landscape scale images. Glass is where the real money goes. Adapters are available so one's lenses are still fully functional with the step up. New lens development has not really kept pace with the mirrorless transition. One can acquire a newer 600mm up to 800mm glass now for less than $2k. They are fairly slow though being in the F11 or 6.3 class, so a bit weak early and late in the day.

Have a good one,

Interesting, much of the same equipment I use. She definitely has some classic SLR bodies to work with, with quality glass great pictures come from format and composition in the eye of the beholder....she has a great eye for capturing the true feeling of the subject, and use of F stop control for focus is excellent.

I've admired her work for a while now, and failed at mentioning it before.....please pass on my sincere impressions of her work, taste in subjects, and the endless patience for the perfect "shot".

I like switching to the B&W format also, just for some Ansel Adams old school feel.....and to keep you honest in lighting and shadow control, fabulous hobby for those of us that enjoy it.

Phones for photos ?,,,,,, blasphemy I tell you smile

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
An award for the all time most dramatic 'flave induced meltdown should be 1st on the list.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
IC B3

L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
Originally Posted by LBP

Anyone with me? cool

šŸ¤£
Another thing that we agree on lol!

Amen brother, ainā€™t nothing finer than a nice chubby hairy beaver!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by lvmiker
An award for the all time most dramatic 'flave induced meltdown should be 1st on the list.

mike r

Weā€™re all aware of your fanboi status. And your vote has been recorded.

Weā€™ll also make sure you are seated in the front row, along with those, like you, who are going to need a box of tissues to dab at their tears.

lol

šŸ¦«

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
ā€œMolon Labeā€
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by lvmiker

mike r

Weā€™re all aware of your fanboi status. And your vote has been recorded.

Weā€™ll also make sure you are seated in the front row, along with those, like you, who are going to need a box of tissues to dab at their tears.

lol

šŸ¦«

"We" all weep at the depth of your pain. Stay strong little soldier and continue to vent it will relieve your anxieties.

#rodentstrong

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
The ball licker award is going to be a tough one to nail down

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dirt99
The ball licker award is going to be a tough one to nail down

Iā€™ll make sure we have extra trophies available for this category.

Laffin

šŸ¦«

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
ā€œMolon Labeā€
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (1OntarioJim, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 68 invisible), 2,434 guests, and 1,134 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,701
Posts18,513,776
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.