Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Who bought the equipment And when will they be back on the market?

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Austin Orgain in Oklahoma, rumor has it he didn't even have power to his shop about a month ago so it will be awhile. Hope it doesn't go the same route as Broughton.

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Good to know but doesn’t sound great.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A post on the 'hide from July, copied from HH facebook page.

“As word spreads fast, most of you already know that we are in the process of selling our barrel making equipment. The support we have received from the shooting community over the years has been nothing short of amazing. We thank each one of you who has trusted us enough to run our barrels. You have helped put Hawk Hill Custom on the map as one of the top barrel makers in the country.
Rest assured, Hawk Hill Custom isn’t going away. We still have our shop in VA and are still distributing our shooting accessories.
As of July 10th we have stopped taking barrel orders. Over the next few months, we will be in the process of moving equipment and training the new owner. We will work as long as it takes to have him up and running smoothly to make the finest barrel possible.
We aren’t going to release who the new owner is, he will do that on his own timing, but you will not be disappointed. He is well known and respected in the shooting community and is determined to continue making the same quality of barrels that Hawk Hill Custom has provided over the years.
We are excited to see what the future holds for this new barrel maker and for Hawk Hill Custom.”

Gonna suck if things don't work out. Running three HHs here currently. Very fine barrels.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I ordered a .338 barrel from them, probably around March or so. Well, I saw all the stuff about them selling their barrel biz and all that. I never received my barrel.

Emailed Shawn, he apologized and said they got all of their orders out but mine must've slipped through. Anyhow, he said he has a 338 blank and is headed to teach the new owners some equipment set up so he plans to take the blank up and make my barrel next month. While I am hopeful to get the barrel, I am not totally holding my breath. I have a couple of their barrels on your recommendation JM and have 0 complaints and I hope the new owner turns out good stuff when they get up and rolling.

Semper Fi
IC B2

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
The few I chambered had the best land and groove configuration that I've seen in several hundred barrels..

All the cuts by the reamer were absolutely 90' to the bore, unseen by me in the past.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They will be in good hands with Austin Orgain.

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 7mmMato

Ok.
Who is Austin Orgain?

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by dave7mm
Originally Posted by 7mmMato

Ok.
Who is Austin Orgain?

dave

New owner of Hawk Hill Barrels.

He's in Oklahoma.

https://precisionrifleblog.com/2023...r-spotlight-experiment-with-25-calibers/

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
A well-known PRS competitor.

IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
In and of itself that doesn't tell me about his machine shop or business management skills, but it certainly shows he has a solid grasp of how the product is used and how a quality barrel should perform.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mathman
In and of itself that doesn't tell me about his machine shop or business management skills, but it certainly shows he has a solid grasp of how the product is used and how a quality barrel should perform.

Shawn Burkholder wouldn't sell a top tier barrel business to somebody who would run it off the rails. And, Shawn Burkerholder is personally training the new guy. So, we will see.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Feral_American

Shawn Burkholder wouldn't sell a top tier barrel business to somebody who would run it off the rails. And, Shawn Burkerholder is personally training the new guy. So, we will see.

Hopefully he trains well on my 338 barrel whistle

Semper Fi
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Tim North was suppose to train the guys that bought Broughton too.
Let's just hope HH doesn't go down the same path chit happens.
This is not a knock on Tim North either chit happens in business.
Look what has happened with Cooper rifles, about a year later and nothing. 2.5 -3 years and still no Broughton barrels. MRC is another example.

Last edited by sherm_61; 12/12/23.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'll give them the benefit of doubt until they prove me wrong. HH is well loved among the PRS guys that change barrels every year, and there are a LOT of PRS guys. The new owner is a PRS pro shooter, so well tuned in to the demographic.
My gunsmith will plumb any barrel you want him too, but if you ask him what barrel, he's gonna order you an HH. He's not the only one out there either with that thinking.
I'm disappointed by the decision to sell the barrel business, same as I was when Kelly M sold the stock business, but it wasn't lack of demand for barrels that led to it. That I can assure you. Fingers crossed it works out.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I also hope he has great success with the barrel business.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I also hope he has great success with the barrel business.
+1

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

🤣😂🤣 it sold to whoever ponied up the dough.

All the best things in life, live on the other side off fear.

The true eye sees not the despair of its victims, only the elegance of equilibrium. It's a demonstration of superior judgment.
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Times change and a business owners priorities change. I would love to get out from under my business most days the older I get. I wish the new owner much success.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

260 members (1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1_deuce, 16gage, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 36 invisible), 1,905 guests, and 1,049 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,860
Posts18,497,174
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.