Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jackmountain
The first of our people to arrive in this country was a hessian, hit ground in 1776 and promptly said Fugk fighting the colonists and took off over the Blueridge to the mountains and a terrain he knew how to operate in.
Settled in Pendleton co Virginia (now W.Va)a year after he arrived.
This is his stone which actually nicer than most of our relatives. It’s in a very small burial plot in an area known at that time as Wizard’s clip.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
The first of my family came around 1630 (french) the last of my family to come to this Continent was also a Hessian Soldier, I have all the documentation here.
The British hired 30,000 German mercenaries to come and fight the American revolution, 2,000 stayed on the Continent.
I have Chronicled where they were, who they married, from the original Hessian of my entire family, fur trade records, church records etc

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by 673
Originally Posted by jackmountain
The first of our people to arrive in this country was a hessian, hit ground in 1776 and promptly said Fugk fighting the colonists and took off over the Blueridge to the mountains and a terrain he knew how to operate in.
Settled in Pendleton co Virginia (now W.Va)a year after he arrived.
This is his stone which actually nicer than most of our relatives. It’s in a very small burial plot in an area known at that time as Wizard’s clip.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
The first of my family came around 1630 (french) the last of my family to come to this Continent was also a Hessian Soldier, I have all the documentation here.
The British hired 30,000 German mercenaries to come and fight the American revolution, 2,000 stayed on the Continent.
I have Chronicled where they were, who they married, from the original Hessian of my entire family, fur trade records, church records etc
A lot of them wound up in the Shenandoah valley.
I’ll PM you his name if you have time to see if you have any info on him.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Originally Posted by Bristoe
By Tre Pol and Pen / Shall ye know all Cornishmen,

I'm of the Trewolla clan.

There's still some cousins in Cornwall. They hold some nice property.

I thank they used the same soundtrack on bridges of Madison county with Clint Eastwood
Lovely tune - "Cavatina" - originally a theme from the film "The Deer Hunter". A while back arranged it to be played on solo saxophone with keyboard backup - still wring it out once in a while. A friend requested it be played that way at her funeral.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

338 members (12344mag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 12savage, 1beaver_shooter, 51 invisible), 1,844 guests, and 1,135 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,090
Posts18,522,036
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.