Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by oldtimr1
My nightstand gun is in a handgun safe that I can open in the dark in about 2 seconds.
Same here. Hornady Rapid safe with the RFID in my cell phone case, that resides on my nightstand at night.

GB1

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by oldtimr1
My nightstand gun is in a handgun safe that I can open in the dark in about 2 seconds.
Same here. Hornady Rapid safe with the RFID in my cell phone case, that resides on my nightstand at night.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I used to hunt caribou 10-12 miles up a couple canyons from the trailhead. Walk in only. Usually only had weekends to hunt, do fast in and out trips, with a back-pack. 8 lbs matters...

I several times cached my rifle under a log until the next weekend, wrapped up in a plastic bag and hoped a bear wouldn't find it and drag it out. Never did to the rifle, but did do that to a chainsaw up there once, when I was clearing trail pre-season.

But generally - no. Besides liability, theft,damage concerns, that there is bear country, tho the people on the well traveled portion of the trail pose a greater risk, IMO.

Last edited by las; 12/26/23.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Hanco: Been Hunting Deer (and other big game animals) for 65 years now and never once Hunted from a stand.
But IF.... I were ever to do so I would NOT even consider leaving one of my firearms in a "stand"!
Puzzling why anyone would ever do so.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I only leave one thing in my stands, a Note, and this is what it says:

"GET THE F---- OUT OF MY TREE STAND"

cool

Last edited by KillerBee; 12/31/23.

KB

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I have thought about it

We have never had an issue
But man if I walked in the blind and my rifle was gone I would flip

The last deer I harvested this year was close to the public land I went to get the Rhino to bring it back

Left the gun in the blind and half way back I thought why the hell did I do that

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Hanco: Been Hunting Deer (and other big game animals) for 65 years now and never once Hunted from a stand.
But IF.... I were ever to do so I would NOT even consider leaving one of my firearms in a "stand"!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Hanco repented. I think only Pete53 is still doing it

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Nope

hanco Offline OP
Campfire Savant
OP Offline
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by moosemike
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Hanco repented. I think only Pete53 is still doing it

Yes, will not do it anymore.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’ve left my bow holder or pull up rope. Never my bow or gun. I’m afraid someone would steal it.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ohio7x57
I’ve left my bow holder or pull up rope. Never my bow or gun. I’m afraid someone would steal it.

Ron

I have had 3 different trail cameras stolen from me, by my tree stands on both private property and public land, how I wished I had of caught them in the act! mad

Last edited by KillerBee; 12/31/23.

KB

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by shrapnel
I thought that is why Ruger came out with the American. Who would steal that?

Comedy really isn't your game.
You should stick to being a sanctimonious cheesedick.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by WAM
I only leave my heater and chair in my blinds on the club lease, but no firearms. Nothing has ever come up missing, so far.

Illegals crossing on foot would for heaters in cabins and blinds.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by KillerBee
Originally Posted by Ohio7x57

Ron

I have had 3 different trail cameras stolen from me, by my tree stands on both private property and public land, how I wished I had of caught them in the act! mad

Cell cams , you can track them
Kenneth

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I've been hunting my farm the last 2 weeks. I left mine gun in the tree when I came down for lunch just so I could be like hanco...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ky221
Originally Posted by shrapnel
I thought that is why Ruger came out with the American. Who would steal that?

Comedy really isn't your game.
You should stick to being a sanctimonious cheesedick.

😂

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

cool
I once left my truck parked on the shoulder of the road and had a dipshyt leave a note under my windshield wiper telling me this was posted property, I didn't have permission to be there and if he caught me on it again he would have my truck towed and me arrested. I was hunting on the opposite side of the road with permission from the landowner. Next time I hunted there I left a note in my windshield. It said, " I'm watching you from the woods across the road, if you ever lay a finger on my truck again it will be the last time, I guarantee it". I never did get another note.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Blackheart

cool
I once left my truck parked on the shoulder of the road and had a dipshyt leave a note under my windshield wiper telling me this was posted property, I didn't have permission to be there and if he caught me on it again he would have my truck towed and me arrested. I was hunting on the opposite side of the road with permission from the landowner. Next time I hunted there I left a note in my windshield. It said, " I'm watching you from the woods across the road, if you ever lay a finger on my truck again it will be the last time, I guarantee it". I never did get another note.

Lots of A-Holes in the bush, as I said I only wish I caught them guys stealing my trail cameras!

KB

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
No, up here everyone knows most everyone and it’s pretty wide open but there are always a few unknowns and trespassers.
Not leaving any valuables in a blind or stand, even on my own land.

Its not always easy to do the right thing, But it is always the right thing to do.
O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
How would you feel if you went back to your stand at 0dark 30 and walked in and found some puke holding your own gun on you!

The more I get to know people, the better I like dogs, life is short, eat dessert first.
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

695 members (12344mag, 10ring1, 007FJ, 1234, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 68 invisible), 3,282 guests, and 1,345 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,748
Posts18,476,161
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.