Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
It pays to be at the headwaters

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
This is right up their alley,and just wait,its gonna go downhill from here.Newscum,Schit for brains,and the wicked witch of san Fran has really led the people ( illegal aliens) of Cali to the brink.The brink of drinking piss and calling it hr,20 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤒😣😡

Rehab is for quitters!
THEY are all guilty!
Name one honest politician!
DEFINE Treason.
God bless the USA
Democrats ARE the plague!
RINO'S need to be hunted!
Who's a bigger puzzy than Paul Ryan? Mike Pence? John Kerry ?
REELECT NOBODY! Except Trump
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Democrat Liberals poop where they sleep AND drink, evidently.

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
No biggie, Israel has been doing that forever. It’s what you do when water is in short supply.

I have read that by the time it reaches the Gulf, by volume all of the water in the Mississippi has been though wastewater treatment plants seven times over. Dunno the truth of that but if true it does illustrate a principle.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B2

JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Competing with the Wuhan Market in attempt to generate the next world wide epidemic proportion disease outbreak requires a lot of schit.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
It's all about the parts per million.

Most municipal water systems nationwide include a percentage of "treated" water in with their fresh water supply. Well, what do you think "treated" means anyway?

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I did a job for the city of Visalia,Ca..... we moved a couple million yards of dirt for new settlement ponds. The head guy there was kind of giving us a tour one day of the final filtration step, all kinds of crazy UV lights, chemicals, and filters...... at the end he opened a faucet and took a drink lol. Said he tested water from tons of sources.... local rivers, pools, etc, and their water was 100% safer lol 🤣

There is also a big business in "sludge". The solid waste dries on big concrete leaching pads and when it reaches the acceptable moisture content it is sold to farmers as fertilizer...... if I remember correctly, it can only go on non-food crops like alfalfa and other hay crops.... probably cotton too.

JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I have read that by the time it reaches the Gulf, by volume all of the water in the Mississippi has been though wastewater treatment plants seven times over. Dunno the truth of that but if true it does illustrate a principle.

Most likely true but..

Here in Florida the waste water from treatment plants is used for irrigation in various ways.

After it's filtered through earth, diluted by rain fall then naturally mixed with groundwater, surface water or shallow aquifers it eventually ends up back in drinking water wells

I'm gonna guess that or sumtin similar is what accounts for their 7 X's theory.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Also, some of these cities without AG uses for the treated water have a real issue getting rid of their treated water..... in my water district, all the treated water goes to irrigation. Even with the ag use, I notice a lot of new sub-divisions are being built with a "non" potable water system for landscape irrigation.

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by hardway
There is also a big business in "sludge". The solid waste dries on big concrete leaching pads and when it reaches the acceptable moisture content it is sold to farmers as fertilizer...... if I remember correctly, it can only go on non-food crops like alfalfa and other hay crops.... probably cotton too.

“Only go on non-food crops?” Why would a Liberal make a new rule and then abide by it?

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Seven times over sounds kinda hard to by, but I’d have no trouble buying 3 or 4 times by volume. Awful lotta towns along the Miss, from Minnesota to Baton Rouge.
Just the same though, considering all, I’ll stick with good old well water!
Figuring who runs the government and who they’re hiring in the name of wokeness. I have no doubt that this is in time make Camp Lejune water sound like Koolaid.
I mean the good Koolaid, not the punch Jim Jones used!🙈
Repn

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Reloder28

“Only go on non-food crops?” Why would a Liberal make a new rule and then abide by it?

You calling me a "liberal"?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You surely know what gets spread on cornfields around here?
Pigchit and Chickenchit!
Somebody spreading cow manure on fields I have no problem with.
But the sludge from those pig farms gives a horrible odor, and that liquified chicken hit will literally burn your eyes for a mile downwind!
I believe China has been using human waste fertilizer since the ‘70s.
Reon

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
How many rocket loads of fresh water have been sent to the International Space Station?

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
So who has the expertise to explain why it either is or isn't OK to grow edible plants, produce, fruits in human compost aka biosoil..

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Nature has been doing all this for millennia.............

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JeffA
So who has the expertise to explain why it either is or isn't OK to grow edible plants, produce, fruits in human compost aka biosoil..

I don’t know about processed human chit but over on the coast, feral hogs getting into lettuce and other crops has been linked to salmonella outbreaks.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JeffA

I don’t know about processed human chit but over on the coast, feral hogs getting into lettuce and other crops has been linked to salmonella outbreaks.
turning manure into the soil where microbes can break it down is a lot different than dropping manure on top of plants that can't be sanitized.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No biggie, Israel has been doing that forever. It’s what you do when water is in short supply.

They been doing that in Californicate for decades!
Wastewater treatment is 2 stage. Primary and Secondary.
Primary is removing solids. Secondary is removing "other" stuff through filtration and natural decomp.
Traditionally, after Secondary, plant discharge is chlorinated (disinfected?) and returned to a natural waterway. Lake, river or stream.
Cali came up with a third stage back in the 80's and 90's. It's called "Tertiary". Instead of dumping the plant discharge back into a waterway, it's put back to the head of the water treatment plant!

Before you go, "EWWW!!!", remember this, the water you drink today is the same water that was here when 🦕 dinosaurs roamed the earth, indiscriminately pooping and peeing in lakes, rivers and oceans!
EVERY drop of water on this earth was here a million years ago!
There is NO new water on earth, only reclaimed! 😉

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

245 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 257 mag, 1badf350, 01Foreman400, 16penny, 26 invisible), 1,824 guests, and 950 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,652
Posts18,512,756
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.