Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JeffA
So who has the expertise to explain why it either is or isn't OK to grow edible plants, produce, fruits in human compost aka biosoil..

Because it isn't clean, if the human waste fertilizer is treated such as malorganite i see nothing wring withit. the water you are talking about is treat and is cleaner than the water from the river, lake, reservoir that the drinking supply is taken from.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
It's not important in over-all news. California's slaves have MANY and MUCH more important threats to deal with, but they won't

How do we know they wont?

If they would they would not be in the troubles they are in now, with it getting worse every week.

Slaves are slaves because you overtake their minds. Once that's done their bodies follow and if done effectively the slaves themselves then defend their slavery because their lack of acknowledgment of their personal responsibility for that condition is so overwhelming that only a whipped dog's attitude is offered as defense. "I can't do anything"!!!!!!! By convincing themselves of that line.........they get to be right and their masters can keep power and gain more every day.

But if you can't, why whine and compline? Just accept what you accept as you are told to do ------------- or don't accept.

There is no 3rd option.

Last edited by szihn; 12/20/23.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Arent we all just drinking what the next town up river is shîtting? (If your water treatment draws from the river)

Our 36” intakes are 30 miles downstream from Nashville

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
The problem with today's sewage is the chemicals used for cleaning, or other chemicals poured down the drain, like Liquid Plumber, Comet, various soaps, etc. Human waste is used as fertilizer in Asia for centuries. Urine can help certain plants. It is the chemicals, mercury, lead, etc. Are the chemicals filtered out properly?

What antibiotics and growth hormones are given to cattle, chickens, etc? What goes down the drain at doctors offices or hospitals? Some stuff is burned, but. Atlanta dumps their sewage into the Chattahoochee River and pays a fine every year instead of treating the sewage. It is not safe to eat the fish almost all the way to Columbus, Ga. Destroyed Lake West Point for fishing.

California has water shortages in part because they destroyed some dams so fish can swim upstream although they built ladder steps for fish to jump to get upstream. Same in Washington and Oregon, then all of them gripe about water shortages.

Build desalinization plants like they do in the Middle East to make fresh water out of sea water, but they don't want to spend the money except give the money to illegals. Liberalism is a mental disease. Karl Marx was considered a mental case in England and was institutionalized for a while. Wonder why?

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Apparently this is old technology, and as such I have often wondered if it's not terribly hard to do this, why is it so difficult to desalinate seawater? We can shake out the unspeakables in waste water, so why is salt so difficult or expensive?
Here in the land of fruits and nuts, they have spent mega billions capturing water from the northern mountains and piping/canaling it south for lawns and swimming pools...the latest is Sites Res. at 4.5 billion, it should be done in '26. It seems the environment is important...until the water is for LA basin or Buck Owens country.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
All water except rainwater has sewage in it. The Mississippi is the sewer for at least 1/3 of the population. There are plenty of households that still discharge directly into the lakes and streams. Water from Montana to Pennsylvania makes its way to New Orleans which is the rectum of the USA. We are blessed with about 50 inches of rain a year and seldom have to use water from another source. Our roof is metal and we catch about 20 to 25 gallons every time it rains. The system water we use for dishes, bathing, clothes washing, et cetera.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
As tested its required to be drinkable before being discharged as I understand it to start with

I prefer to never get water from a public system and we have not since appx 79 iirc.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Excellent.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
This will shock some of you, but I actually opened up and read the Guardian article!!! Reclaiming Wastewater

It's pretty well written. The idea of reclaiming wastewater for drinking has been around quite awhile. I looked at some of the pilot programs back in the early 80s, including the one north of Denver. The technology is pretty well proven, the big hurdle has been something that the article mentions: "California’s new rules require the wastewater be treated for all pathogens and viruses, even if the pathogens and viruses aren’t in the wastewater. That’s different from regular water-treatment rules, which require treatment only for known pathogens...".

Trying to prove there are no dangerous viruses is very difficult, almost impossible by lab testing, so you have to use treatment methods that don't let viruses get thru. They give a hint in the article: "In fact, the treatment is so stringent it removes all the minerals that make fresh drinking water taste good – meaning they have to be added back at the end of the process." That usually means either distillation or reverse osmosis. Most likely reverse osmosis since it takes less energy and is less expensive. By the time its finished it probably is closer to pure water than what they pulled out of a well, river or reservoir to begin with.

For those that say why not just desalinate ocean water - it takes around three times as much energy and cost to get drinkable water from seawater as from wastewater. In other words - there are fewer impurities in the water that comes out of a modern sewage treatment plant than what comes out of the ocean.

Yeah - I'm retired now, but a couple of my professional fields were in wastewater management and drinking water supply/treatment systems.

Last edited by MikeL2; 12/20/23.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by MartinStrummer
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
No biggie, Israel has been doing that forever. It’s what you do when water is in short supply.

I have read that by the time it reaches the Gulf, by volume all of the water in the Mississippi has been though wastewater treatment plants seven times over. Dunno the truth of that but if true it does illustrate a principle.

They been doing that in Californicate for decades!
Wastewater treatment is 2 stage. Primary and Secondary.
Primary is removing solids. Secondary is removing "other" stuff through filtration and natural decomp.
Traditionally, after Secondary, plant discharge is chlorinated (disinfected?) and returned to a natural waterway. Lake, river or stream.
Cali came up with a third stage back in the 80's and 90's. It's called "Tertiary". Instead of dumping the plant discharge back into a waterway, it's put back to the head of the water treatment plant!

Before you go, "EWWW!!!", remember this, the water you drink today is the same water that was here when 🦕 dinosaurs roamed the earth, indiscriminately pooping and peeing in lakes, rivers and oceans!
EVERY drop of water on this earth was here a million years ago!
There is NO new water on earth, only reclaimed! 😉

Agree

Over 20 years ago I went out on Construction Job Sites and the Gen Con would tell all of us do not drink the water out of the Pink PVC Pipe.

This water was reclaimed water for Irrigation (watering grass and plants).
When the wind would blow you got sprayed with that water.

Then years later I worked on a project inside a Water Treatment plant and got talking to one of the head guys for the Plant.

He told me that in a couple days I was gunna see some real disgusting looking trucks leave the Plant.

Well a coupe days later there were the trucks loaded up with what looked like brown jello all jiggly on the trucks.

That head guy came out and talked to me as the trucks rolled by.

He told me that the brown jello was one on the most fertile substances on earth and they could not produce enough of it for the demand.

They add it to a lot of stuff.
Miracle Grow is way down on the list of the users.

We drink water from streams when we go camping.
Fish ,Deer, Elk and all kinds of other critter piss and crap in those waters.

Nature has a way of taking care of it in time.

IC B3

JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
So from what I've learned here so far is that it's all old used crap anyway so WTH, might as well scoop it up outta any ditch.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
@ 7mmbuster

"... Just the same though, considering all, I’ll stick with good old well water! ..."

Underground, water moves approximately "one foot per year".
Don't care how deep your well is, the water down there has been on the surface at some point in time! 😳

FACT: "IF" you could spread ONE quart of water evenly across the surface of the earth, you could NEVER retrieve another quart of water that didn't have at least ONE molecule of the original quart!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MartinStrummer
@ 7mmbuster

"... Just the same though, considering all, I’ll stick with good old well water! ..."

Underground, water moves approximately "one foot per year".
Don't care how deep your well is, the water down there has been on the surface at some point in time! 😳

FACT: "IF" you could spread ONE quart of water evenly across the surface of the earth, you could NEVER retrieve another quart of water that didn't have at least ONE molecule of the original quart!
You are right. Unless it is distilled water it has piss and poo in it from the last few billions years. It just gets used over and over. Air is the same.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
@ funshooter

"... We drink water from streams when we go camping.
Fish ,Deer, Elk and all kinds of other critter piss and crap in those waters. ..."

Ever get a case of "Beaver Fever"?
There is a critter that lives in the intestine of warm blooded animals. Llamblia Giardia! NASTY little bugger that is passed in the feces of, especially, the beaver! Ergo, the name! "Beaver Fever"!
Once ingested, your stomach acid desolves it's calcium coating, releasing the little bugger into YOUR warm gut!
Diarrhea, fever, nausea, etc.....and in extreme cases, death!
But if you hunt, hike, fish, outdoor in the west, you're probably VERY away of this!
If you're NOT aware of Beaver Fever, learn about it before drinking out of a "pure mountain spring"!

....and yeah! I've flopped down on my belly and drank a million (?) gallons out of whatever water source I was near! The resilience of youth and ignorance!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The "SOLUTION", to "POLLUTION", is "DILUTION"!

After 9-11, our water department was worried sick that terrorists would poison our water supply at the treatment facility.
Well, our treatment facilities operate at a bare minimum of 10 million gallons per day (MGD)!
You would need SEVERAL semi loads of even cyanide to give anybody more than mild stomach discomfort!
All three of our treatment facilities had two separate plants. One had three. If you only needed 10 MGD, you shut down the other plant!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
So who has the expertise to explain why it either is or isn't OK to grow edible plants, produce, fruits in human compost aka biosoil..

I won't claim expertise but I remember the lecture I had to sit through when I got to Korea. Do not drink the local water or eat local vegetable as they veggies were fertilized with human waste, which also trickles down into the water. My CO was in the hospital with something affecting his liver from eating on the local economy. Damned if I can remember what it was called.
Edited to add: Hepatitis. Thank you google.
PJ

Last edited by PJGunner; 12/20/23.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
California politicians have been telling their constituates for years to eat shiit. Now they can drink it.
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by PJGunner

I won't claim expertise but I remember the lecture I had to sit through when I got to Korea. Do not drink the local water or eat local vegetable as they veggies were fertilized with human waste, which also trickles down into the water. My CO was in the hospital with something affecting his liver from eating on the local economy. Damned if I can remember what it was called.
Edited to add: Hepatitis. Thank you google.
PJ

If I'm not mistaken, you can also add "cholera" to that list.

Water, the elixir of life!
But like mushrooms, you BETTER know what you're doing!

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
This is a huge desalination plant in Saudi Arabia. I saw it many times from the air during Desert Shield/Desert Storm. CA government is too stupid to invest in them.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Getting into reloading to save money is like getting married for free sex.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Dixie_Dude
California has water shortages in part because they destroyed some dams so fish can swim upstream although they built ladder steps for fish to jump to get upstream. Same in Washington and Oregon, then all of them gripe about water shortages.

Not even a drop in the bucket…. The few tiny dams they have removed probably didn’t equate to 1/10 of a percent of our water storage….. the real issue is “urban sprawl”….. there are more city people voting for more sub divisions and golf courses and less votes for AG use.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

255 members (1minute, 204guy, 29aholic, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 41 invisible), 2,240 guests, and 1,017 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,650
Posts18,512,595
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.