Campfire Tracker
Yes I pay attention to origin

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Slaves bow to their masters. That's how they became slaves.

Well...you would know all about that being as you have no business, no family, no prospects, no health, and no friends.

You should keep a firearm handy on Christmas eve.

[Linked Image]

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Unarmed slave bowing to her masters in Canberra but talking shit about the USA. To scared to to fight for freedom in Australia.

Originally Posted by JSlave on her knees begging the tyrants in Canberra
[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Unarmed slave bowing to her masters in Canberra but talking shit about the USA. To scared to to fight for freedom in Australia.

Originally Posted by JSlave on her knees begging the tyrants in Canberra
[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

Ahha...the bowser bitch is feeling special today. You should make that firearm a single shot 22 short, and take a couple of boxes to bed with you in case you feel like ending your diseased misery.

Cheery Christmas bubble guts...say hi to the kids.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
Are there any "Made in USA" scopes anymore? The "Made in USA" label is protected by the FTC and means that the product and the parts therein are actually made in the USA. "Built in the USA," "Designed in the USA", etc are all nebulous terms that really can mean about anything. Even "Made in USA with Globally Sourced Parts" is not the same as "Made in USA." And what "Made in Philippines" or "Made in Japan" really means is unclear, too. The FTC doesn't control those labels, as far as I know. Unless it says "*Made* in USA", where the components inside of your "Made in China" or "Made in Philippines" scopes comes from is pretty much unknown.

Vortex Razor AMG 6-24……Made in the USA. The reticle is made in Germany I think..

Are you part of the problem or part of the solution?
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
First thing I look at

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
These threads are always amusing. While not a big chicom fan, I'd guess 1/3 to 1/2 of most everything in the average American household is Chinese nowadays. For the record, I have chicom, Jap, philipino, euro, and USA (assuming Leupy is actually made in USA)optics.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Something I’ve always wondered for the hard core MIA crowd. How many of you are wearing made in the USA clothes? Shoes, Jackets, backpacks, duffle bags, etc? Honest question.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by LSU fan
Something I’ve always wondered for the hard core MIA crowd. How many of you are wearing made in the USA clothes? Shoes, Jackets, backpacks, duffle bags, etc? Honest question.

I always look at labels, unless I am buying online, of everything that I buy. Finding USA made shoes, jackets, backpacks, duffle bags etc. is hard, though if there is a reasonable option, I'll take it. Avoiding the same made in China is easy, so I do it.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

I always look at labels, unless I am buying online, of everything that I buy. Finding USA made shoes, jackets, backpacks, duffle bags etc. is hard, though if there is a reasonable option, I'll take it. Avoiding the same made in China is easy, so I do it.

+1

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Looking at current events, I think we have more in common with the free Asian countries than much of Yurrup, Korea in particular judging by their TV and movies. When buying, absent USA-made options, I have no qualms about stuff from Korea, the Philippines, Japan, Taiwan, Hell even Vietnam is a foe of the CCP. Same goes for stuff from the freer Yurrupean nations like the Czech Republic. Fugg the French, and the Germans, and God help the Brits come to their senses.

I sense a subtle shift in the origins of goods of late. Seems like more stuff is coming from those Asian countries now, especially clothing.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I could care less where your wifes dilda was made. this is the "Hunting Optics" forum, try and focus and stay on topic

Last edited by 338rcm; 12/23/23.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

I wouldn’t say it’s hard, just more $.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Yes, origin is an important consideration for me.

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Anywhere but China, or Russia. USA and Japan being top choices.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

How many stores do you think you'd have to go to in the Gonzalez Outlet Mall to find those items made in the USA? That's what I mean by hard.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

How many stores do you think you'd have to go to in the Gonzalez Outlet Mall to find those items made in the USA? That's what I mean by hard.

Pretty much internet order only around here

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Originally Posted by Theoldpinecricker
Zeiss makes plenty of chinesium products but they do own or at least did own Schott Glass Werks. Swarovski and Leica spec out lenses and prisms and apply their proprietary coating on them but don't manufacture "glass", and it's doubtful they manufacture all the internal components either. We just don't have a say when we purchase because none of these companies are going to declare where point of origin concerning their products and what % is sourced from China.

Yes, Schott is owned by the Carl Zeiss Foundation--but that doesn't mean all Schott glass is made in Germany. There are dozens of Schott factories around the world, including three in China....

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JGRaider
(assuming Leupy is actually made in USA)

It isn't "Made in USA." Some parts may be, and it may be assembled here. But this label does not equal "Made In USA."

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

FTC requires that "Made in USA" be "all or virtually all" made in the U.S. Any "Assembled in USA", "Built in USA," etc, are not controlled by the FTC and are just terms to make a buyer think they are getting a "Made in USA" product. Leupold can't use "Made in USA" because it doens't meet the FTC requirement to use that label.

The US Gov't is required to "Buy American" and requires that "Made in USA" products be manufactured in the U.S. of more than 50 percent U.S. parts. Trijicon stamps many of their products "Made in USA" while acknowledging their lenses and some other parts are sourced from Japan.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Every Leupold part that requires maching is made in the USA. Leupold owns the most CNCs west of the Mississippi.

The volume of lens Leupold requires to meet the demand for these high quality scopes is well beyond any USA supplier.

If one places any value on supporting USA manufacturing then Leupold has a step up on the competition.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

666 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1234, 66 invisible), 3,296 guests, and 1,330 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,751
Posts18,476,196
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.