Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Bought a spyderco Silverax on a black Friday deal. $85

My new favorite edc.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I know I’m not playing fair with the $100 limit, but I bought 3 more Hogue Dekas in Magnacut for $103 each on Black Friday. With adds I’ve received by email the last few days there are kinda similar deals floating around out there for Christmas. Wouldn’t now, with my experience, settle for less

You can no more tell someone how to do something you've never done, than you can come back from somewhere you've never been...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Journeyman
I know I’m not playing fair with the $100 limit, but I bought 3 more Hogue Dekas in Magnacut for $103 each on Black Friday. With adds I’ve received by email the last few days there are kinda similar deals floating around out there for Christmas. Wouldn’t now, with my experience, settle for less

Curious where the deals are floating around still...Dekas only?

Wanting to pick up an Extrak and cheaper would be more better....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by hillestadj

Yeah, sorry - I only look for Dekas because I love them so much. White Mountain Knives is currently at $127.46 - 10% discount code = $114.72.

I'll look around and ask some friends on the Extrak and let you know...

You can no more tell someone how to do something you've never done, than you can come back from somewhere you've never been...
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
If you've not owned a "button lock" folder, you should try one out. The action is addicting how smooth it is. The Kizer Assassin (for instance) is only $55 for one version on Amazon. Send it back if you don't like it.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by slm9s
If you've not owned a "button lock" folder, you should try one out. The action is addicting how smooth it is. The Kizer Assassin (for instance) is only $55 for one version on Amazon. Send it back if you don't like it.

I don't do GuangZhou...
grin

Funny, and rhymes, but seriously, there are a [bleep] tonne of great knives out there without resorting to Chinkastan...

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Made in USA, not quite $100 level, and I've not handled this one.
https://www.discountcutlery.net/TKT...on-Lock-Pocket-Knife-Black_p_124461.html

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by azsixshooter
I miss the days when the RAT folders were $23/$25 for the most basic models. The AUS8 steel is fine for a budget knife. I took my RAT 1 swimming in the lake with me all summer. Just dried it off after and sprayed/wiped it off with WD40 later when I got home. Never any trouble with rust.

I left a RAT 2 in D2 in my truck and something got on it and rusted it a little. I cleaned it up and it's fine. No pitting, just some staining that looks like a partial patina. I like to give the D2 RATs a 7.5⁰ edge with the grinding attachment on my Ken Onion Worksharp. I figured the D2 would be strong enough to stay sharp even with a thin edge like that. With that angle the toothy D2 steel definitely feels "scary sharp".

I'm a big fan of the RAT knives. I love the full flat grind for cutting apples and other food. It slices through cardboard with ease too. The action feels great, they have nice pocket clips and the positioning of the clip is as versatile as possible, any way you like to wear it.

I'm not a huge fan of the Nylon 6 FRN grip scales, but they are durable. I left one by a fire and it burned but didn't melt and I continued to carry it until I lost it in the woods last year during deer season. I just went home and got the exact same RAT 1 out of a new box in my toolbox and stuck it in my pocket. I still have another brand new one sitting in my tool box right now. I would like to pick up several more.

I don't know what is going to happen to the RATs now that the company was sold. That really sucks. I hate when big corporations buy a company with a good reputation, cut quality and raise prices then milk the brand for everything the greedy suits can squeeze out of it before everyone realizes their bait and switch bs.

Buy RATs and Moras now while you can.

AZ, I hear ya on the Rats. I've got 3 and they aren't going anywhere.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hillestadj

Yeah, sorry - I only look for Dekas because I love them so much. White Mountain Knives is currently at $127.46 - 10% discount code = $114.72.

I'll look around and ask some friends on the Extrak and let you know...

BladeHQ runs deals on Hogue knives every so often.

I picked up an Extrak from there.

Forget what i paid. Wanna say it was ~$140’ish.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by johnw
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
No issues with the Rat series being made in Taiwan?? Or is that false information?

I am a fan of Case knives buy what are some other quality US made knives?

My Rat 2 is taiwanese made. I'd not pick on it for that reason, as it's execution is well done in every way. Someone commented above that it was better made than a Benchmade.
Benchmade makes different quality levels of knife, so I wonder what they're comparing?

My only Benchmade knife is a Barrage 134cm, and I don't see much out there that compares for build quality in a production knife.

A RAT "better made" than a Benchmade is Bullcrap every day and twice on Sunday...amazing...

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by slm9s

I picked up this ProTech Mordax flipper this past October. The action is as smooth as you will ever find. The button lock is positive, yet easy and quick to release.
You would be well pleased with one of these. My example is made with Magnacut steel.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by Mannlicher; 12/20/23.

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My wife carries a Spyderco ladybug and a single AAA battery flashlight.

I cannot carry a ladybug. I can only get two fingers around the handle.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by CrowRifle
Went trout fishing a few weeks back and left everyone of the 100 plus pocket knives I own at home. Fortunately I was only a couple miles from the Mast General Store and their knife shop. Was wanting a cheap Gerber LST or similar but walked out with this instead. Very impressed so far. 50 bucks.

CIVIVI Knives Elementum Folding Pocket Knife 2.96" D2 Satin Blade,G-10 Handles C907E (Green)

https://www.amazon.com/Civivi-Elementum-Folding-Pocket-Knife/dp/B0823HYCK2/ref=sr_1_6?m=A1YDKIV8XPI80A&qid=1694538764&s=merchant-items&sr=1-6&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.006c50ae-5d4c-4777-9bc0-4513d670b6bc&th=1

My son is carrying a CIVIVI Praxis Flipper, and I gotta say it's a damn nice little knife. The timing and minimal effort to open is outstanding.

A fixed blade in that Elementum pattern is certainly intriguing.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

118 members (1OntarioJim, 6mmCreedmoor, 338reddog, Amos63, 8 invisible), 1,536 guests, and 885 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,371
Posts18,488,327
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.