Print Thread
Hop To
R
RicG Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
After my typical research and deliberation, I decided to purchase a LaChassis from Grey Birch. It arrived and I immediately set about getting it set-up. I was slightly disappointed that no instructions were included in the box. I did however (finally) find instructions on their website so set-up was completed. Here is where the issue started. The 10 round magazine would not fit and seat into the mag well. Same for the 5 round magazine (although it almost fit) LOL. These were brand new OEM Tikka mags. Not good. I contacted Grey Birch and explained the problem. They requested pics which I immediately emailed. They finally got back to me and said there was nothing they could do. They sent a link to purchase and try other mags. No thanks, four would not fit so why would I buy more?

I do know that Tikka changed their extractor from a wire to a fixed, blade type. Maybe they changed the mags a bit too? I don’t know but, regardless, the new mags that fit fine in the rifle will not fit into the Grey Birch chassis.

So, I have returned the chassis to Midway and waiting for my refund.

Lesson learned… no ticket, no laundry. Grey birch has screwed the pooch… IMO.

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Not just them all the aftermarket tikka stuff is not exactly true. When tikka came out with the t1x saying same footprint as the t3 yes it has the same action footprint but mags will not work. Learned that the hard way with a MDT chassis. And again with a HS precision stock. Still awesome guns nonetheless!!! Love my Tikka t1x! Call Jard have him make you a trigger for it you won’t regret it. Or if you’re rich order a bix Andy. Factory trigger is crap, you can take the spring clean out of the trigger and trigger pull is still 1 pound

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

425 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 163bc, 37 invisible), 2,094 guests, and 1,154 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,245
Posts18,486,132
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.