Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
This is good and I’m glad that you never had anything but a perfect hit on a long range shot….. seeing your from WV the trail to Ridgway or Williamsport, PA is a relatively short one and I for one would love to see someone shoot a 40 - sounds like it would be extremely easy for you! The matches start in April.

PennDog

GB1

X
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
X
Ridge Runner - With your imagination you should be writing fiction not hunting. You would make a million.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
How about the stick and string? Talk about lost game.

What about goose and duck hunting with shotguns, talk about lost game!!! shocked

Last edited by KillerBee; 12/26/23.

KB

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by PennDog
This is good and I’m glad that you never had anything but a perfect hit on a long range shot….. seeing your from WV the trail to Ridgway or Williamsport, PA is a relatively short one and I for one would love to see someone shoot a 40 - sounds like it would be extremely easy for you! The matches start in April.

PennDog
read what I typed again, what it says, not what you think it says, if you still don't understand it I will try to explain it. I did change a couple words to clear it up a bit, sorry am a redneck hunter not a rhodes scholar

Last edited by Ridge_Runner; 12/26/23.

If your going through hell, keep on going, don't look back, If your scared don't show it.
You might get out b'fore the devil even knows your there.
(Rodney Atkins)
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
If I misread/understood what you wrote then I apologize. I wasn’t trying to be difficult and I was sincere in inviting you to these matches. Please also reread my post where I stated that I know people that are capable of hunting/shooting at longer ranges and I have no beef with these folks - my issue as I stated (maybe not clearly) is that there are A LOT of folks that do it simply to brag about how far they killed something - this I do not respect - and these people typically do not follow up their shots (sounds like you do).

I’m done - but you are more than welcome to come up and shoot - would like to meet you and am always willing to learn from people that are capable.

PennDog

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ridge_Runner
Originally Posted by PennDog

PennDog
read what I typed again, what it says, not what you think it says, if you still don't understand it I will try to explain it. I did change a couple words to clear it up a bit, sorry am a redneck hunter not a rhodes scholar

Rednecks are invited to my home 365 days a year, especially for NFL and beer-drinking events smile

KB

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
……well I do like beer and football and I grew up on a dairy farm🤔😊

PennDog

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, you are invited as well!

Farmers, Ranchers and Rednecks are the best people out there smile

KB

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
deleted

Last edited by TRexF16; 12/26/23.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Xspurt
Ridge Runner - With your imagination you should be writing fiction not hunting. You would make a million.
I deal in facts and experience, nothing else, been doing this since 1986.no need to be an ass just because you don't know enough to know that you just don't know

If your going through hell, keep on going, don't look back, If your scared don't show it.
(Rodney Atkins)
IC B3

X
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
X
See ...... you do have a way with words. Bet you can type with a straight finger too!

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Wolfdog91
So I always here all the LR hunting haters talking about all the crippled big game animals walking around and how every year so many have to be put down because of bad shots from LR guys yadda yadda . And many times they say there's like charts or something you can look up and see the proof.
Has anyone ever seen one of these or fish and game analytics or something? Like I'm legit curious because everytime I've asked these people for proof, no link, no whatever to look up ,just "O WHY IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME" .
So. Any actual numbers like they say or ?
I would hazard a guess: There are far more deer wounded and lost by "hunters" taking snap shots at running game in heavy cover than are lost to serious long range marksmen.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
So I always here all the LR hunting haters talking about all the crippled big game animals walking around and how every year so many have to be put down because of bad shots from LR guys yadda yadda . And many times they say there's like charts or something you can look up and see the proof.
Has anyone ever seen one of these or fish and game analytics or something? Like I'm legit curious because everytime I've asked these people for proof, no link, no whatever to look up ,just "O WHY IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME" .
So. Any actual numbers like they say or ?
I would hazard a guess: There are far more deer wounded and lost by "hunters" taking snap shots at running game in heavy cover than are lost to serious long range marksmen.

Isn't this the truth. I have never heard or read of a long range marksman they made a bad shot!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Selective outrage ... pretty much a liberal fktard trait

Hundreds if not thousands of deer, wounded and lost every year by Fuddsy, fat old fkrs who can't shoot beyond 100 yards with shiitty guns, cartridges & bullets ... no complaints

But, in their mind, based on their own uselessness with a rifle... they imagine the possibility of a wounded animal at long range .... OUTRAGE

Get the proper equipment & learn how to shoot !

but if you're unwilling or too stupid to learn, then stay in your lane and quit bitching about what people can do far better than you ever will

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Numbers and statistics can be misleading. My son tracked 2 wounded deer that were shot at less than 200yds with a 6.5 CM. Didn't find either one, does that mean a 6.5 CM sucks for killing deer?

That particular one sounds cursed... whistle

Bad mojo on that one, or the hunter. If just one hunter did that.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by catnthehat
Bottom line is people not accepting responsibility for shots , regardless of distance.
Once the trigger is tripped we own the shot. And many don't accept that, they don't care if they hit the animal , killed it or wounded it.

Many people I meet at the range figure they are long rangers because they have the gear, yet they never get off the bench or take random distance shots, rather they go to each distance progressively.
It does not lead to good shooting practices when it comes to hunting , regardless of distance.
Cat

I was at the range right before deer season opened up over here. A guy staples his cute deer target up on the backer board, fires off 5 shots, and calls it "good":
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Just to be clear, that deer target was shot from a "hunter", from the bench, and using sand bags.

After he left, I walked down and took a picture of his target. To a lot of "hunters", this is "good enough". It's pretty revolting, if you ask me. The guys that are making solid hits, are the guys out there practicing.

Shoot from field positions, off your pack, or even in the prone with a bi-pod, if you live in a place like I do, and can do that in some areas. Any and all practicing is better than no practice at all.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think each person needs to know their limits. Based on what they have practice at. After 400 yds I am not comfortable. If I was going to be taking longer shots I would need to practice.Some one that has practice longer shots will be able to shoot farther that I should be shooting.

W
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
W
how many folks bitching about long range hunting have ever shot a deer beyond 600 yards? how many folks have witnessed what happens on a bad hit at long range? how do deer respond to it? If you can't answer that question, your arguement is bullshit, that is a fact!
Hay good to see you here bud.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
how many folks bitching about long range hunting have ever shot a deer beyond 600 yards? how many folks have witnessed what happens on a bad hit at long range? how do deer respond to it? If you can't answer that question, your arguement is bullshit, that is a fact!
Hay good to see you here bud.
hey wolfie, a bit different atmosphere than T-man eh?

(Rodney Atkins)
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
I was at the range right before deer season opened up over here. A guy staples his cute deer target up on the backer board, fires off 5 shots, and calls it "good":

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I think that the guy does not appreciate the taste of BACKSTRAPS!

As I said the average hunter cripples more big game at short range, than excellent shooters do at long range.

How many yards was that target set out at?

Last edited by KillerBee; 12/27/23.

KB

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

70 members (6mmbrfan, 907brass, BALLISTIK, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 8 invisible), 1,460 guests, and 919 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,748
Posts18,495,219
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.