Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by specneeds
I’ve had the FHF, crooked horn, & others have tried or fooled with most of them & now use the largest AGC that holds the 10x42 SLC, Leica rangefinder, tags, extra rounds, knife, wind checker, chapstick…everything needed to be legal so backpack can be dropped if I’m in a hurry.

I’d never hunt mule deer or elk without one.

exactly! Mine carries tags and zip ties, wind checker, extra cartridges, a small lens cloth, a lighter and a roll of surveyor's tape for marking blood trails if I need to track one out.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They are all sponges in The Real World and not worth a fhuqk. Hint..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I was heading for a big herd of elk coming up onto public land years ago with 2 younger LEOs on a crest trail they dropped their big packs & left me in the dust. After that I put everything I’d need to kill tag & gut a deer or get 1/2 the hide off an elk. My 24-28 lb start of the day backpack is great for carrying 80+ lbs but sucks for a 1/4 mile double time to head off the herd.

This year my hunting partner sprinted 350 yards at 9500’ to cut off a herd & got a nice bull as a result- no pack needed wanted.

I forgot about the mini headlamp, duct tape, zip tie, mini sharpie & plastic bag for punched tag. I’ll add a mini sharpener & flagging tape next year. They make it easy to take short scouts away from a vehicle or glassing point to explore steep terrain.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Big Stick
They are all sponges in The Real World and not worth a fhuqk. Hint..................

If you can drive right up to anything you kill in a truck ATV or boat or never need to pack for miles lots of gear can be skipped.

But a nice binocular case is a good way to protect valuable optics & have Binocular & rangefinders handy.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I live in a place that gets something called "weather",which entails 150-180" of rain a year. Pardon The Real World and sponges being a fhuqking joke. Hint................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by specneeds
Originally Posted by Big Stick

If you can drive right up to anything you kill in a truck ATV or boat or never need to pack for miles lots of gear can be skipped.

But a nice binocular case is a good way to protect valuable optics & have Binocular & rangefinders handy.

That is coming from the one who can't even keep his spotting scope operational, without destroying the main tube, objective, and eyepiece. But, at least the case didn't get wet in that horrid "paradise".

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My Kilo6's absolutely DESTROY all things Geovid. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Pardon my simply having it all and then some,in The Real World. Hint................

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Alaska Guide Creations....the large one.

Originally Posted by pathfinder76
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by shoreacres1
I've tried quite a few and have gone back to the padded strap that came with my swaros. Much simpler and more readily available to ready in the field.

But...but...then you won't look like all the Bubbas on TV hunting shows who have a gadget for everything.....

This comment is silly. The bino harness is one of the most useful things to come down the pipe in hunting gear since the invention of boots. It’s nice to cover and protect the greatest asset you carry in the field while hunting.

I have used the AGC pack for about 10 years. This year a strap broke and the family got me a new one. Protecting my bins and being able to use them in snow/weather has been a real asset.

Semper Fi
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I've tried quite a few and have gone back to the padded strap that came with my swaros. Much simpler and more readily available to ready in the field.

But...but...then you won't look like all the Bubbas on TV hunting shows who have a gadget for everything.....

This comment is silly. The bino harness is one of the most useful things to come down the pipe in hunting gear since the invention of boots. It’s nice to cover and protect the greatest asset you carry in the field while hunting.

You must hunt different than I do. Still hunting those binos are on my face 50% of the time, minimum...in all kinds of cover or lack thereof. Pulling them in and out of a pouch would be nothing but an irritation.

"short African carry" I think is what they call this.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

You must hunt different than I do. Still hunting those binos are on my face 50% of the time, minimum...in all kinds of cover or lack thereof. Pulling them in and out of a pouch would be nothing but an irritation.

Tom, for that scenario my Bino just hangs on the tether that attaches them to the Bino case. I am like you when stillhunting and just let the bino hang out of the case. I can't stand the pulling on my neck from a strap and the elsatic harnesses suck.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B3

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P

I absolutely do.

But I’m not sure how a bino harness (a good bino harness) prevents you from glassing at will.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I find the AGC’s work well.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
Take a peek to the GPO Harness Pro. It's on sale at the moment for only $59.99.
We sent a few out to members here recently so perhaps they can share their opinions.

Doug sent me one of the GPO’s, and at $60, they are a pretty good value IMO. I have wore it on a few outings and the comfort/fit is on par with the AGC. The GPO is slightly bigger than my original AGC. The front pocket has the cartridge holder sleeves like the AGC. A lens pen, a lens cloth, a ML tube, etc. can easily be stored in the front pocket as well. The side pockets easily hold a wind checker, spare batteries etc. The back zippered mesh pocket held a carcass tag, drop card, etc well.

The top sleeve holds the Garmin 66i well. My I-Phone 13 fits, but it’s pretty tight with a case and Mag View plate on it.

For comparison, these are Kahles X42 ( the same as Swarovski SLC) and EL 12X50’s. The EL’s fit well, but you can’t store a GPS or phone in the top pocket with them.

Thanks again Doug.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I was going to say for $60 that GPO harness seems like a great deal

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Looks great! Killer deal for $60. Is there only one size?

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
To me a harness needs to be as unobtrusive and compact as possible. This is the SG unit with 8X32 Swarovski’s. It has room for a coyote call in one pocket, a small wind checker on the other side and my tags are in a flat pocket in the back. The rest of my stuff goes in my pack. I can shoot prone with this on no problem.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
To me a harness needs to be as unobtrusive and compact as possible. This is the SG unit with 8X32 Swarovski’s. It has room for a coyote call in one pocket, a small wind checker on the other side and my tags are in a flat pocket in the back. The rest of my stuff goes in my pack. I can shoot prone with this on no problem.

Is that the regular or large?

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Regular

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Regular
👍

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I run a Badlands pouch/harness for 8x42 Geovids. I really like it.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

389 members (10ring1, 160user, 163bc, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 36 invisible), 1,953 guests, and 1,062 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,760
Posts18,476,494
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.