Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I guess I'm naive and have never given a thought to trying to find out, even if I knew how, about some member's financial business or anything else for that matter. The internet forums can be a weird place sometimes. Some great people too though.

GB1

goalie Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
How so? Something about personal info?

Well, I'd never interacted with the guy here on 24HC, and he looked up my neighbor's tax records thinking it was my place. Which means he went all google-fu to try and "gotcha" with where, exactly my lake place is located etc...

Ironically, if you look back at the thread, after he specified who my neighbor was by name and what his mortgage was, he never answered if MY place has a mortgage........

goalie Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim1611
I guess I'm naive and have never given a thought to trying to find out, even if I knew how, about some member's financial business or anything else for that matter. The internet forums can be a weird place sometimes. Some great people too though.

Someone from here called the MPLS VA about my vaccination status and tried to get me fired. Weird doesn't begin to describe it. Apparently similar is going on with other members with alarming frequency if they piss off the "wrong" psycho crowd.

Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by goalie
Originally Posted by Jim1611

Someone from here called the MPLS VA about my vaccination status and tried to get me fired. Weird doesn't begin to describe it. Apparently similar is going on with other members with alarming frequency if they piss off the "wrong" psycho crowd.
That's crazy. People are nuts anymore

goalie Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Swamplord
Can fully understand your angst !
Some jealous fktards have serious issues

On another forum I made mention of my intent to build a cabin at my moose camp/shooting range and was promptly attacked by several jbeans that I was lying, lol !

Pics with my iPhony wasn't enough proof I guess,

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

I even posted moose heart stir fry pics onsite ... to no avail , lol

Holy crap that's awesome!!!!!

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Screw 'em goalie.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

Well, I'd never interacted with the guy here on 24HC, and he looked up my neighbor's tax records thinking it was my place. Which means he went all google-fu to try and "gotcha" with where, exactly my lake place is located etc...

Ironically, if you look back at the thread, after he specified who my neighbor was by name and what his mortgage was, he never answered if MY place has a mortgage........

It’s very easy to find all that information if you go to your states recorder website. If your place has a mortgage and your bank recorded it, he could have found it.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Nice place Goalie.

That lake and the surrounding area is gorgeous. Just drove by it this past fall when the leaves were turning.

The whole area doesn't suck, and thankfully there's not a lot of wolves yet, so the deer hunting is still good in the "backyard" 9 acres.

We do have zebra mussels now, so the water is clearing up, but you'll need water shoes to protect your feet soon.

That sucks.

I wish I was smart enough to come up with something that would target and kill those damn things without harming other aquatic life.

We're on the Otter Tail river, so it was inevitable after some upstream lakes got them. I'm going with half full and will transition to bass instead of walleye depending on conditions, and there's always northern that will hammer anything you put in front of them and taste good smoked.

Northern are delicious any way you prepare them. smile

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Goalie, I'm surprised you smoke them... As for me, I am starting to fish for northern more and more on Green Bay and having some decent success. I want to pickle them more than anything though... I love northerns, fun to catch , taste as good as walleye and get real big. Still aint sure what all happened about Glock looking you up. Calvin is right, you can find almost anyone now and snoop into their business,,, but why .. As for Glock,, like the old timers always used to say " watch your own bobber."

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Maude pickles them

IC B3

goalie Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Calvin
It’s very easy to find all that information if you go to your states recorder website. If your place has a mortgage and your bank recorded it, he could have found it.

It's kinda the point where you GAS enough to do so in regards to someone you've never even interacted with.

goalie Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slumlord
Maude pickles them

I need to try that.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Calvin

It's kinda the point where you GAS enough to do so in regards to someone you've never even interacted with.

It’s the internet. You get all kinds of people.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Any time I need reassurance about my own mental/emotional state all I need to do is look through a few threads on the Campfire to convince me I've got nothing to worry about.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by cra1948
Any time I need reassurance about my own mental/emotional state all I need to do is look through a few threads on the Campfire to convince me I've got nothing to worry about.
Not wrong. I'm 110% completely [bleep] sane compared to some

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Nice place Goalie.

Your neighbor could stand to mow his lawn, lol.

goalie Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bluffview
Nice place Goalie.

Your neighbor could stand to mow his lawn, lol.

Nah, he usually keeps it looking like a freaking golf course, so I'm happy when he "let's it go" a little, as I'm not up there 24-7 to do yard work and keep the yard immaculate.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Yeah, I remember that thread. you played him out like a 10 lb bass on 2 pound test.

Some sick puppies out there.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by ihookem
It seems there was a fiasco about Goalies cabin of some sort. I missed it . However, it seems like a nice place. Not sure it's a cabin anymore , but to each their own. I have a cabin. It's 24X24' and they are nice to get away to and from home. Mine has no electric except my 2000 watt Honda, no toilet except and out house , on 7 ac. with 300' Flambeau River frontage and I like it.
Some good fishin on the flowage. Used to camp on the islands .

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

That is seriously fugged up.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

157 members (257 roberts, 6mmCreedmoor, 1badf350, 470Evans, 16penny, 44mc, 17 invisible), 1,713 guests, and 814 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,651
Posts18,512,655
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.