Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
The Pre 64 reference is immaterial to me and adds no increased value.. It's just an action used for a custom gun no different in value if it was a Dakota, Remington or whatever. I'm not a Creedmore fan having two custom guns in 6.5X55.

GB1

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by Burr
For $4000 I would want a very nice scope as part of the package, and this one without a scope would escape my interest until it was below $3000. That would be about $800 for incomplete pre-64 metal, and $2200 for a custom stock. I'd have to like it a great deal for $3000

Your pricing is delusional.

$2200 for a custom stock??

IK of that us the blank.

Any nember of the ACGG will be $3500+ to shape.

Custom barrel, bottom metal.

Plus a quality scope? crazy

“Factio democratica delenda est"
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bobdahunter
...I did offer seller $2800 for a sale outside GB. He responded that was less than the cost of components, which I don't doubt. So he rejected my offer.

I did ask what his "best" price would be, and never heard back...

Half-price offer? That's also how I deal with low-ballers.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by pal
...I did offer seller $2800 for a sale outside GB. He responded that was less than the cost of components, which I don't doubt. So he rejected my offer.

I did ask what his "best" price would be, and never heard back...

Half-price offer? That's also how I deal with low-ballers.

As you should!

“Factio democratica delenda est"
K
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
K
Thanks for the replies on pricing from those that responded. I agree generally with most of the sentiments, so your input is greatly appreciated in helping confirm my own thoughts.

I did offer seller $2800 for a sale outside GB. He responded that was less than the cost of components, which I don't doubt. So he rejected my offer.

I did ask what his "best" price would be, and never heard back. I personally do feel something in the neighborhood of $3000 is fair despite cost to build, but we'll see if and what he comes back with.

Someone probably shouldn’t be shocked by offers less than the price of components. It would be nice if people viewed that as the reasonable floor on a custom, but it’s rare that’s the case.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Keechi_Kid
Thanks for the replies on pricing from those that responded. I agree generally with most of the sentiments, so your input is greatly appreciated in helping confirm my own thoughts.

I did offer seller $2800 for a sale outside GB. He responded that was less than the cost of components, which I don't doubt. So he rejected my offer.

I did ask what his "best" price would be, and never heard back. I personally do feel something in the neighborhood of $3000 is fair despite cost to build, but we'll see if and what he comes back with.

Someone probably shouldn’t be shocked by offers less than the price of components. It would be nice if people viewed that as the reasonable floor on a custom, but it’s rare that’s the case.

Interesting point and i can't disagree....
This thread is the perfect example of why custom rifles almost always sell for less than what they cost to build.
"The wood is ugly"
"The bottom metal is ugly"
"The comb is ugly" etc....
These comments aren't wrong and they aren't right either, beauty is in the eye of the beholder sort of thing.
But with a custom we want all the details down to the most minute thing to be what we want.
I think this particular rifle is fantastic and is probably worth darn close to the asking price, for the right person.
Normally I am never insulted by offers, but 1/2 price is a low ball and I can't blame the seller for ghosting the potential buyer in this case.

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Beautiful gun , but the chambering , yuck . Like putting a vega engine in a 1962 Corvette.

K
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
K
Originally Posted by irfubar

This thread is the perfect example of why custom rifles almost always sell for less than what they cost to build.
"The wood is ugly"
These comments aren't wrong and they aren't right either, beauty is in the eye of the beholder sort of thing.
But with a custom we want all the details down to the most minute thing to be what we want.
I think this particular rifle is fantastic and is probably worth darn close to the asking price, for the right person.
Normally I am never insulted by offers, but 1/2 price is a low ball and I can't blame the seller for ghosting the potential buyer in this case.

I don’t know on this particular rifle on the price. I agree with you for sure on the general sentiment though. Most have no reason to give you what you have in a rifle because everyone would likely do things a little different. So for same money, build your own.

I guess it comes down to patience and waiting long enough for the right buyer to see something. I have a rifle on the forum for sale now. I’m well below component cost on it. It was put together by a great smith. It’s just a bit different so I figure just has to get in front of the right eyes.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by irfubar

"The wood is ugly"

I don’t know on this particular rifle on the price. I agree with you for sure on the general sentiment though. Most have no reason to give you what you have in a rifle because everyone would likely do things a little different. So for same money, build your own.

I guess it comes down to patience and waiting long enough for the right buyer to see something. I have a rifle on the forum for sale now. I’m well below component cost on it. It was put together by a great smith. It’s just a bit different so I figure just has to get in front of the right eyes.
At times parting out those rifles are the way to get them sold

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Bobdahunter: I would say at "half that price" you would be getting a very good deal.
You could not build/have built THAT Rifle for "half that price"!
I would NOT pay the full asking price for that "blasphemous" Rifle!
But thats just me.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B3

B
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Thanks. I do find it funny the variety of responses on this post, and I probably should have expected it. Regarding those saying I put in a low-ball offer and they wouldn't respond if they were the seller--it was simply a starting point in my head. If it was SO LOW in the seller's
mind that I don't get a response back, then we probably weren't going to make a deal anyway. In my head, there was $400 or $500ish in wiggle room from that number if that would get it done. Whether or not the build cost more than $3300 or $3400, I think they'll be hardpressed to find "perfect" buyer willing to pay the current asking price, which has been pretty much confirmed with the responses on this post. Maybe there is someone willing to put out $4K or $4500, but that person isn't me.

I'm probably beating a dead horse, but I recognized this was a gun with a limited number of potential buyers, and has been listed for sale for probably close to 2 months at this point. I think most collectors pre64's wouldn't be drawn to this gun given the customization and caliber. And someone looking for nice a 6.5 creed could get a brand new super grade A LOT cheaper than this.

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
...Regarding those saying I put in a low-ball offer and they wouldn't respond if they were the seller--it was simply a starting point in my head...

It was the ending point in any sensible seller's head.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (222Sako, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 60 invisible), 2,261 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,276
Posts18,486,677
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.