Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
I don’t support wearing pajamas in public. It says you’re too lazy to wear something else.
Or sweats or gym pants/shorts.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by gitem_12
hell look at the way NFL coaches on sidelines dress now-a-days. compared to how they dressed 15 years ago. now it is hoodies and loose sweats, then it was a suit and tie as it should be
Odd. I don't recall a coach in suit and tie on the sidelines in the last 40+ years.

Yeah, Tom Landry was about the last......

A wise man is frequently humbled.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by KFWA
I wore my suede house shoes to Meijers one time and felt out of place.

Then I see people wearing pajamas out in public.

Maybe I'll wear my red union suit out in public one day.

We need pics. smile

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by smokepole
hell look at the way NFL coaches on sidelines dress now-a-days. compared to how they dressed 15 years ago. now it is hoodies and loose sweats, then it was a suit and tie as it should be

I don't know, I was thinking football coaches should suit up in a uniform, like they do in Major League Baseball.

Would love to see Andy Reid in full pads and helmet!

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
No different than any other day, either jeans or cut-offs and a tee shirt! This is just another day in a year passing much too fast! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Beretta_Shooter916

I don't know, I was thinking football coaches should suit up in a uniform, like they do in Major League Baseball.

you ever see that video of him in the run,kick and pass competition for kids? He was in 8th grade or thereabouts and he probably outweighed every kid out there by at least 25 pounds. They had to get him shoulder pads and a jersey of the Rams running back because they didn't have any "youth" sizes that fit him

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by KFWA
Originally Posted by Beretta_Shooter916

you ever see that video of him in the run,kick and pass competition for kids? He was in 8th grade or thereabouts and he probably outweighed every kid out there by at least 25 pounds. They had to get him shoulder pads and a jersey of the Rams running back because they didn't have any "youth" sizes that fit him

I have seen that. He was like 13 and looked like he was 25

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wear shorts as long as possible. When it gets cold out I wear a lot of joggers or Duluth fire hose type pants or Carhartt’s duck fabric I rarely wear jeans.

I like the extra pockets for phone, knife, keys ect in the Carhartt’s over jeans and they look/wear a little better IMO.

My 20 year old son and his buddies hardly ever wear jeans they wear shorts or joggers/workout type pants. My son bought me some joggers about 5 years ago for Father’s Day, I love them. They look a lot better than traditional sweatpants and keep the snow or mud of the cough in bad weather.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I wear shorts, flip-flops, tennis shoes/lace-up boots, and a T-shirt 80% even while working. I dress nicer when I go out with my girlfriend, and other events places where shorts are not appropriate.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
I wear shorts as long as possible. When it gets cold out I wear a lot of joggers or Duluth fire hose type pants or Carhartt’s duck fabric I rarely wear jeans.

I like the extra pockets for phone, knife, keys ect in the Carhartt’s over jeans and they look/wear a little better IMO.

My 20 year old son and his buddies hardly ever wear jeans they wear shorts or joggers/workout type pants. My son bought me some joggers about 5 years ago for Father’s Day, I love them. They look a lot better than traditional sweatpants and keep the snow or mud of the cough in bad weather.

Pretty similar here, if no wind and above 10 or 15…..short pants and a light jacket, for short periods of time! If wind and long exposure, the clothing changes……considerably! 😉 memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
WTF are pajamas?
Are you 9?

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Odd. I don't recall a coach in suit and tie on the sidelines in the last 40+ years.

I rememebr Switzer always in a suit, Same with Paterno

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
Hank Stram

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
A few weeks ago, after hunting in the morning I went to the local grocery store to pick up a few items. Per usual there were some other hunters doing the same thing--and two had arrived just before I did, in a 4WD pickup.

The guy in the passenger seat got out first. He strongly resembled Santa Claus, except for his hunting clothes--yellow pajamas, both bottom and top, with some sort of some small red repeated pattern against the yellow. He got out to take off his legally-required blaze-orange vest, and then got back in the pickup--while the more conventionally dressed driver (jeans, Carhartt jacket) went inside the store--also after taking off his orange vest.

The pajama bottoms were so baggy I couldn't tell if Santa was wearing hunting boots or bedroom slippers.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I DO NOT own any pajamas. I was raised when you go out in public, you dress your best. I see people running around in clothes that looks like they just got out of bed. I think is shows they have no self respect. Maybe I am just to old and think more about myself. You will not see me in blue, red orange or any other colored hair either.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Well, I wrote "pajamas" but what I meant was what they call "lounge pants". Cotton with a fly and corded waist. Lighter than sweats. Comfy. Don't sleep in them, but put them on to keep my legs warm after I get up until it's time to dress. I have I think five robes, from super light summer/travel to thick and warm.

Anyway, the point of the thread is that these are two "do nothing and go nowhere" days at least for me. Gonna be warm and comfy.

I do NOT wear lounge pants to go out - even to take out the garbage cans.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
RockyRaab: Never owned or worn a set of "pajama's".
Family was poor and I and my brothers slept in our "undies". So needless to say I won't be "lounging" around in "P.J's.
I always get dressed first thing in the morning so VERY seldom ever wear my "bath robe".
You would probably get more done and get more out of life if you schitcanned your P.J.'s?
Happy New Year
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Well, I wrote "pajamas" but what I meant was what they call "lounge pants". Cotton with a fly and corded waist. Lighter than sweats. Comfy. Don't sleep in them, but put them on to keep my legs warm after I get up until it's time to dress. I have I think five robes, from super light summer/travel to thick and warm.

Anyway, the point of the thread is that these are two "do nothing and go nowhere" days at least for me. Gonna be warm and comfy.

they are called fat pants around here

after a big dinner "I'm gonna go put on some fat pants!'

never been a robe guy....visions of Hugh Hefner

Last edited by KFWA; 12/31/23.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
VG, I have almost exactly zero to "get done." I also sleep in "undies" but put on warmer stuff to spend my mornings. Up at five but sometimes don't get dressed until 10. Like today. It's 10:15 as I type this and I'm still in fat pants, robe, and slippers. My major chore of the day will be to chill glasses for cocktail hour.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RockyRaab

You and VG are to anal, at damn near 72 I dont give a rats azz what people think about my attire and especially when I take out the trash.

Swifty
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (1OntarioJim, 10gaugeman, 1badf350, 1lesfox, 007FJ, 12344mag, 57 invisible), 2,230 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,348
Posts18,506,238
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.