Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by carrollco
I remembered reading a book by Charles Conerly( a Mississippian, former NY Giants? quarterback and the original Marlboro Man). Dress for Sucess. After a successful football career, he became a much sought after male model. He would change clothes 3 or more times per day and shave at least 2X. Taught me how to buy a navy blue blazer and use differing colors of pants and button down Oxford cloth shirts and ties to make a completely different look. It served me well as a school administrator. As one trainer from the State Dept of Ed some folks get in front of a classroom looking like they come out of a pea patch! If you want respect, do your part. Wife and I dress up for church and doctor appointments. Of course it’s been said that Delta folks wear pearls to the supermarket. In the Billy Graham biography, the family wore their finest clothes all day long on the Lord’s Day. MIL used to say dress for your station in life. I do know that if teens attend a prom, everyone tends to act better if dressed up. I’m old school and like to dress up. Last 4 years as asst superintendent of Ed, I had to drive a bus route. I still dressed up with khakis, shirt/ tie but wore
overalls to protect my good clothes. You can dressl on a budget or one salary. Buy clothing on sale, off season, utilize thrift and consignment shops. I did and taught my minister son how to. Our Salvation Army thrift gets pressed starched pants from dry cleaning stores who donate them to the Army when not picked up. Designer ties are a Buck I find Dockers, Orvis, LL Bean and Land’s End stuff there. Used to be several garment factories in the state before NAFDA. Most operated a factory store where they sold over production and seconds. One in AR sold Tilley flop hats for under $5 Got all 3 sons one. Online has clothing bargains too.

Spent first 17 years of my professional career working for a company where you had a choice of a blue suit or a grey suit, a white shirt or a blue shirt, a blue tie or a red tie, and black wingtips. Took me 20 years after that job to stop wearing black wingtips to work or church. Today, work from home. Still have a uniform. Black Under Armor t-shirt, black UA gym shorts, black crocs... Do not own a pair of pajamas. Can't stand to see people wearing them in the stores. If I go off the farm, pull on a pair of Carhartt britches of some type.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Out side the house I wear cowboy boots and a trench coat . If we have guests I put on underpants.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
WTF are pajamas? That's something little kids wear.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't have any fancy church clothes and I don't wear pajamas out in public.

But I do have a nice stockpile of top notch (outdoor)work clothes. Recently ordered 5 pair of Ariat work pants. They aren't getting any cheaper, used to be around $50, $65 now from Tractor Supply.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I like to dress well for the occasion.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
In the airport last Tuesday a family of four were boarding my flight home. The mom and the two kids were sporting red and black plaid Pajama bottoms. Wasn't sure if they were trying to make a fashion statement or if they normally dress like retards in public.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Pat85
In the airport last Tuesday a family of four were boarding my flight home. The mom and the two kids were sporting red and black plaid Pajama bottoms. Wasn't sure if they were trying to make a fashion statement or if they normally dress like retards in public.

A few years ago when working at the local service station it was common place to see women of all ages (60+) coming in dressed in a puppy or bunny onesy.

Kind of weird.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I’ve taken to wearing my merino base layers as lounge wear when I’m in colder climates. I put a robe on if I go outside to wiz at camp.
At home in SWFL Florida its a pair of very stretchy workout shorts and a tee shirt.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I see lazy ass slackers come into the grocery store wearing pajamas and slippers and am absolutely disgusted.
Lazy, do nothings.
They will kill America.

Proud NRA Life Member
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
I’ve taken to wearing my merino base layers as lounge wear when I’m in colder climates. I put a robe on if I go outside to wiz at camp.
At home in SWFL Florida its a pair of very stretchy workout shorts and a tee shirt.

Merino 24/7 Nov-Apr, 160-280 weight.

Hi-Line leisure wear.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Right now as we speak I'm probably wearing more $$$ in merino than most people have in their savings account(s).

chortle

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Right now as we speak I'm probably wearing more $$$ in merino than most people have in their savings account(s).

chortle
Where do you buy it? Brand?

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Amazon, wherever.

Ice Breaker or Duckworth.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Sweet.

We joined fugging Costco so we could buy their stupid merino wool......and they didn't fugging have any at the store!

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
It is new years day and I have just got down off a hot garage roof where I was teking the tin down and I am sitting here in a pair of old stubbies and an old Australian Shearing Supplies singlet with the aircon going it's hardest.

I still feel over dressed.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It's expensive clothes but I have undershirts that are 3-4 years old and they gtg. Order a size up because even if you air dry they still shrink a little.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
It's expensive clothes but I have undershirts that are 3-4 years old and they gtg. Order a size up because even if you air dry they still shrink a little.

Closet shrink, it’s a real problem.😆. At least that’s what I tell my girlfriend.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by viking

Closet shrink, it’s a real problem.😆. At least that’s what I tell my girlfriend.

I only buy the very finest merino and keep my body up like a temple of health.....lol

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 63 invisible), 2,028 guests, and 1,178 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,470
Posts18,508,529
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.