Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Swamplord
Originally Posted by johnn
Another lame azz thread, with all the division in this country, you would think a bunch of hunters could get together and just talk hunting.

But...... fook no, hate and hunters disbarging each other, whatta a sorry azz pitiful lot of keyboard beating dipsticks....

Jeezus, give it a fughing break already

Agreed, but ya know the reality of this bs ?

It's always the short range, limp dick ED dikkhedds who start it, Lol !

You mean the Can't Do f-uckers who are SO happily wrapped up in their pitiful Can't-Do-Anything life that they unequivocally believe everyone else should do nothing just like them?

Yeah, they need to f-uck off, and stay there.....

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
ya, these Campfire cun ts

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Great Summation Swamplord!

KB

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Exactly....

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Q,

IIRC this Aoudad ewe was taken @ +/- 400 yds.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

If I shoot critters @ 406 yds. or less, can an exception be made so that I might peruse the LR Forum?

Quien Sabe,

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
IC B2

X
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
X
Geedubya - just proved what everyone is saying....missed by a good three feet. Or supershot was aiming for it's eye. Thats it!!!!

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
It’s a good thing for me that this dink antelope didn’t know he wasnt able to get killed at 650 yds with an 88 gr ELD-M… maybe then he’d not have flopped over..

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
This is always an interesting topic.

Should there be any limitations on any weapon type/ hunt?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by geedubya
Q,

IIRC this Aoudad ewe was taken @ +/- 400 yds.

If I shoot critters @ 406 yds. or less, can an exception be made so that I might peruse the LR Forum?

Quien Sabe,

GWB

No wasted meat with eyeball shots, may readjust the horns a tad though lol.

Beautiful rifle geedubya cool

Last edited by KillerBee; 12/28/23.

KB

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mtcurman
It’s a good thing for me that this dink antelope didn’t know he wasnt able to get killed at 650 yds with an 88 gr ELD-M… maybe then he’d not have flopped over..

The kids grow up so fast these days.

Good job.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SLM
This is always an interesting topic.

Should there be any limitations on any weapon type/ hunt?

Great question, and since this was a trolling thread to begin with, I see no reason to not derail it even further with social ponderings....

How about the operation a while back with a rifle set at a waterhole hooked up to some sort of computer and camera? If I remember correctly, a guy could sit on his couch drinking beer and wait for a critter to come to the water hole and the rifle could then be remote aimed and fired...Then you go retrieve your critter the old fashioned way or pay someone to, I guess.

Not by jam, but if someone else prefers to do it that way, who am I to complain? I won't, even though it was yet another piece of ammo for the antis.

Hunting by Remote

There's even a WikiPage
Internet Hunting
Internet hunting is the practice of hunting via remotely controlled firearms that can be aimed and shot using online webcams. The first internet hunting website, Live-Shot.com, was created in 2005 by John Lockwood, who saw it as a way to provide an authentic hunting experience for disabled persons.[1] According to the Humane Society, the operation consisted of "a fenced pen stocked with animals [where Lockwood] set up a tripod with a camera and a firearm".[2]

Almost as soon as internet hunting was introduced in the U.S. state of Texas, strong opposition to the practice developed among pro-gun and pro-hunting organizations, including the National Rifle Association and Safari Club International, as well as among animal rights and environmental groups. The majority of hunters do not consider the practice to be hunting, as it does not conform to the rules of a "fair chase".

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Feral_American
Another lame azz thread, with all the division in this country, you would think a bunch of hunters could get together and just talk hunting.

But...... fook no, hate and hunters disbarging each other, whatta a sorry azz pitiful lot of keyboard beating dipsticks....

You mean the Can't Do f-uckers who are SO happily wrapped up in their pitiful Can't-Do-Anything life that they unequivocally believe everyone else should do nothing just like them?

Never said I didn't or couldn't, have done so, but some people are just bent on trying to convince everyone else how great it is and how everyone should be doing it.

None of the so called "long distance shooters" on here will ever admit they missed or wounded one that got away.

It's a simple fact that the most casual observer would agree that long distance hunting is more likely to injure and not kill a game animal. Given the same shooter is pulling the trigger.

4" off of POA on a moose at 200 yards is still well within the kill zone, at 800 yards that's 16" and the moose limps away.

Just stating facts.

I have learned in life that the biggest braggers are usally the least competent at what they claim to be

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Never said I didn't or couldn't, have done so, but some people are just bent on trying to convince everyone else how great it is and how everyone should be doing it.

None of the so called "long distance shooters" on here will ever admit they missed or wounded one that got away.

It's a simple fact that the most casual observer would agree that long distance hunting is more likely to injure and not kill a game animal. Given the same shooter is pulling the trigger.

4" off of POA on a moose at 200 yards is still well within the kill zone, at 800 yards that's 16" and the moose limps away.

Just stating facts.

I have learned in life that the biggest braggers are usally the least competent at what they claim to be

Sounds like you just need to go cuddle up with Xspurt and pat each other on the back about being "real hunters".

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Just stating facts.

Sounds like you just need to go cuddle up with Xspurt and pat each other on the back about being "real hunters".

Haha, why did you edit and delete?
Looked a bit like bragging to me, but good on ya for thinking.

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Just stating facts.

Haha, why did you edit and delete?
Looked a bit like bragging to me, but good on ya for thinking.

Me saying show me where I bragged....is bragging?

That seems to be a common theme (piss & moan) for you, you're obsessed with someone "bragging". So, point out where all this bragging is on this long range forum. There must be a LOT of it, somewhere, to justify all your complaining about it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't have the land to hunt at "long range" and likely never will. That said, I've seen enough deer wounded by slob hunters at close range with bows, shotguns and rifles to realize that most hunters should STFU and focus on how THEY hunt at the ranges THEY hunt and not worry about what OTHER hunters are doing.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by goalie
I don't have the land to hunt at "long range" and likely never will. That said, I've seen enough deer wounded by slob hunters at close range with bows, shotguns and rifles to realize that most hunters should STFU and focus on how THEY hunt at the ranges THEY hunt and not worry about what OTHER hunters are doing.

Agreed. And when someone sees a “wounded” animal how the hell do they at what range it was shot. How about all the wounded that get taken out by coyotes and wolves that no one sees. Who logs those? Ridiculous

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Long range hunting for me is 300-500 yards. I can do it, If conditions are right, and I can't get closer. It's still hunting, but beyond that it's pretty much just shooting - not hunting, in my (biased?) perception. I do shoot beyond that, at times - just not at animals. At least not since I bought a range finder.

There are those who can reliably place shots beyond that. At least some of the time. But they mostly aren't telling about their f'ups, either. Many others are not, either. The question is - what is the wind and/or animal doing in the elapsed time, trigger to bullet strike.

JJHack posted something like, " At long range about 100 things can happen. Only one is good". A mild exaggeration, probably. Still- why are elephants tried to be killed at less than 100 yards for the most part?

"I would be willing to bet the farm that a way higher % of animals have been crippled and lost by average hunters/shooters, than animals that have been crippled and lost by excellent hunters/shooters at long range."

No bet, with the semantics and the numbers. That being "excellent hunters/shooters at long range." vs what - self proclaimed "long range hunters" who aren't "excellent? or maybe even "average"? What % of self-aclaimed "long range hunters" are "excellent"?? How do you define "average", or "excellent"? Comparisons only count apple to apple.

Some years ago I saw a Canadian data report on accuracy of your "average hunter". It was pretty appalling!

Fuggin Canucks..... smile. Here in Lake Wobigonne, we are all above average.... smile.

I don't think Swamplord was being sarcastic. He seemingly believes that. Plenty of ego there. Perhaps rightly, I don't know. Assuming his record of past posts is accurate, and I have no reason to disbelieve them, his stated uber-boomer gear, range of shots, etc, & having never met him, hunted with him, etc.

I just don't believe in his philosophy.

The world ain't gonna end, for him or me.

Last edited by las; 12/30/23.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
My bet is there are a lot more wounded at close range than long. One word. Archery. That’s coming from a guy who hunts with a recurve, no sights and cedar arrows. Facts are facts. Guys who shoot long range are guys who buy a chit ton of equipment and invest a lot of time shooting and tinkering around with stuff to get it right. They split hairs for bragging rights. They’re likely ADD and OCD. Compare that to the guy that buys his ammo off the shelf, has a scope that is a “set and forget it” and checks zero with one shot at fifty yards two days before season. Unfortunately that is the majority of the hunting community. People on this site are the 1%. Even those who disagree with long range hunting. Not saying those here who don’t shoot long distance wound game. I don’t shoot long distances anymore as I prefer to track/stalk/still hunt with iron sights and my 35 Whelen with 250 grain RN bullets. Typical Fudd gear but, I also run a Nosler M-21 300 WM with 200 grain Terminal Ascent with a .608 BC at near 3K fps, with a mid range optic. Perfectly capable of knocking over game at distance. I don’t shoot as far as these fellas but I don’t condemn them for what I don’t or can’t do. I have in the past shooting crop damage and likely farther than I should have considering equipment limitations. That’s just what we had and we dealt with it.
Point is, those who are passionate about what they do don’t make mistakes very often and there is no group of people more passionate and dedicated than long range hunters. I’d put my money on them for success rate versus the weekend warriors that go out smelling like old spice and Marlboro reds and is more concerned about who’s going to be at the bar later on that day than when is the last time they shot their rifle.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

524 members (22250rem, 219DW, 1234, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1minute, 60 invisible), 2,398 guests, and 1,349 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,797
Posts18,496,252
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.