Campfire Tracker

Forbidden Zoner
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Illicit use of DXM is referred to on the street as “Robo-tripping,” “skittling,” or “dexing,” derived from the products that are most commonly abused, Robitussin and Coricidin HBP. DXM abuse has traditionally involved drinking large volumes of the OTC liquid cough preparations.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Great stuff Al, thanks for the link to those wise words. Did you write that?

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Great stuff Al, thanks for the link to those wise words. Did you write that?

No, I didn't. Have a good one. smile -Al

Forbidden Zoner
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Having suffered a few major health problems during my life I adopted that philosophy some years ago. I think it was Tim McGraw who wrote a song about living like you're dying. We can't count on tomorrow.
I wish everyone a happy New Year.

I am continually astounded at how quickly people make up their minds on little evidence or none at all.
Jack O'Connor
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Blacktailer
Having suffered a few major health problems during my life I adopted that philosophy some years ago. I think it was Tim McGraw who wrote a song about living like you're dying. We can't count on tomorrow.
I wish everyone a happy New Year.

All the best to you and yours as well

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Thanks for posting that. Having just turned 60 in November it definitely causes pause and thought from my end.
Also Happy New year for 2024 and many more.

Last edited by Featherweight6555; 12/31/23.

"Aim right, squeeze light"
" Might as well hit what you're aiming at, it kicks the same whether you miss or not"
NRA Life, GOA
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
This is so true. Being in the medical profession. I have seen this a lot and am trying to live more in the moment.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Truth is, nobody's next breath is guaranteed. That doesn't diminish the value of actuarial tables, but who's average?

I retired in July, and the longevity question crosses my mind often. I waited a long time to be able to hunt as much and as often as I please, and there are a few other priorities under consideration as well---some becoming more important than they were before.

May we all have a great 2024. Roll the bones.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My wife and I look at things differently since life happened to me. Bad accident that has made me less mobile and then a stroke. I always kept myself in very good shape because of what I saw in my grandfather and his health and did not want to be like him. I can’t work because of these things. I’m not even 50. I figure I have won if I make it to 60.

Talking to you is like trying to nail jello to the wall.

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Agree. Being a veteran and LEO for 25 years I’m very grateful for the time that I’ve been given. Every day is a gift and it can be gone in an instant. Nothing more sobering than to watch it happen with your own eyes.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I lost a good friend to heart failure a month ago, she was 49. We talked every day but live a ways apart so I hadn't seen her in a while but were always making plans for when we got a chance. She went in for surgery that I thought would be successful but she didn't make it. It's left a big hole in my life and made me rethink retirement. I'm 55 and have plenty to retire, we're not guaranteed tomorrow so why keep working for a corporation that would rather me work until the day I die so they don't have to pay me any retirement? Don't put off living your life.

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
My wife and I retired as soon as we could. I was 51 and she was 52. She lived another 8 years until the end of 2006. No what we planned, but we had a great life. At 76 I am now slowing down. More so after the death of my second wife in 2020. I have been retired 25 years and worked 28. I feel like a made good decisions for me, at least the best I could at the time. Good luck to you all.

Molon Labe
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I don’t know that I could bury 1 wife and come out the other side…..only to lose another. I knew a great guy, Thor, he had 3 wives that died of some form of cancer and I marveled at the strength of him….then I wondered. I wondered if it’s strength that allowed him the ability to endure the loss of 3 wives whom he loved deeply or was it weakness? The weakness and fear of being alone was worse than losing your loved one …. I choose to believe, knowing Thor, that it was pure strength borne out of his capacity to love and that God knew what laid in store for those ladies so he sent Thor to care for them and love them unconditionally until the bitter end…which he DID! I have nothing but respect for the tremendous loss that many have faced yet persevered…

I don’t think I would have the strength after burying my wife to invest anymore of myself into someone else. I truly think that, if God forbid, something happened to my wife I’d become accessible to my family only and I’d disappear from society completely….I sometimes think it’s only my wife that keeps me grounded and from dropping out now.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
My wife and our daughter are the reason for my existence. Firearms, hunting, fishing, etc...are just frosting.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I have always said every day after 50 is free and then damn near lost that chance at the hand of another. Now very lucky to be here I still repeat it with more meaning.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 17CalFan, 1badf350, 160user, 22250rem, 44 invisible), 2,548 guests, and 1,342 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,710
Posts18,475,395
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.