Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
That one is sweet. I think everyone here loves that old rifle... It puts off a good vibe too.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
When it's time - I'll post up an ISO post here/classifieds. I got about 23 irons in the fire right now on non-rifle things. This was literally an idea I had over lunch today, thought I'd ask before I forget.

Me

Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Poconojack
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by beretzs
Thanks - this is what I'm looking for. They're not uber popular in my area and thus, I don't get a chance to see a ton of them to peruse. I think the donor will come off the net so I need to have a general idea of how to select good/bad so to speak. Unless the general idea is - "CRF actions, be it p64 or not are generally all decent and a good choice"

The only pre-64's I have available to me is a Win94 and the only M70 I have in the case is a rather accurate PF Coyote in 22-25. Just weighs a ton and I prefer the classic CRF myself.

For sure, the classiest is the P64 (my opinion). The easiest is a FN BACO, but honestly, if you're building it, the difference between any of them won't be much.

That last bit basically is it I think. I'm building - just looking for an appropriate action, CRF from Winchester rust blue with a good barrel and likely in 30-06 because that's generationally safe. Can't assume reloading or ammo etc in the future. We might lose it all but the 30-06 will be the last to go.

Building just for me - I'd do another 7-08 but that's a reloader's cartridge IMO. Can't put that on them.

Winchester never rust blued M70 receivers

Sorry - I wasn't clear. I'd have the whole thing rust blued, given I'd be building it. IOW - non-stainless rifle.

Me

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Pictures from pocono:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
When it's time - I'll post up an ISO post here/classifieds. I got about 23 irons in the fire right now on non-rifle things. This was literally an idea I had over lunch today, thought I'd ask before I forget.

Post it here, before the classifieds. I know there are some good guys here in this forum. If they say they have a good one, I'd trust them. The problem is getting one to let go of some of them. DF is talking in another thread, about getting rid of some as we progress in age. I only have one that I can think of letting go for this cause. It's a pre 64 30-06 fwt in excellent condition. It could be sold as a barreled action, as it's in a Mcmillan stock right now.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

I get that. It's a great idea and the nice thing is if you're not in a hurry, you'll be surprised on what you'll find. Our classifieds here have been awesome to me on WTB.. Careful asking about ISO ads, cause we have some serious M70 hounds around here that'll bury you in awesome stuff.

Semper Fi
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
More from pocono:

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Post it here, before the classifieds. I know there are some good guys here in this forum. If they say they have a good one, I'd trust them. The problem is getting one to let go of some of them. DF is talking in another thread, about getting rid of some as we progress in age. I only have one that I can think of letting go for this cause. It's a pre 64 30-06 fwt in excellent condition. It could be sold as a barreled action, as it's in a Mcmillan stock right now.

30-06's are perfect to get rid of.. Good call BSA whistle

Semper Fi
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
More from pocono:

We're about to stop being friends posting stuff like that in the open....

Semper Fi
Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Lol - I get it. Thanks guys.

While my dad shoots a Win 70 in 270, it's a NWTF push feed raffle winner. He even shoots old school round nose bullets in it too. Black Shadow I think they called em.

Me

IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

I may be wrong, but thought he was looking for a 30-06? I like mine. It's what I grew up with. I have a std wt 270 that I may offer MGW in the other thread. As, he's never had a pre 64!!!!! The only drawback is it's in a custom stock.. It's scary accurate. Maybe even one of the most accurate model 70's I have, and that is with only a small amount of loading for it. DF is right, if some of these younger guys have an interest, they should be the ones that get dibs on them. Just how I see it..

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

I may be wrong, but thought he was looking for a 30-06? I like mine. It's what I grew up with. I have a std wt 270 that I may offer MGW in the other thread. As, he's never had a pre 64!!!!! The only drawback is it's in a custom stock.. It's scary accurate. Maybe even one of the most accurate model 70's I have, and that is with only a small amount of loading for it. DF is right, if some of these younger guys have an interest, they should be the ones that get dibs on them. Just how I see it..

I was kidding about not anything to like about the 06 so you might as well send it grin

Dang, that Brownell 270.... Anyone else got the sweats?

Semper Fi
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

I was kidding about not anything to like about the 06 so you might as well send it grin

Dang, that Brownell 270.... Anyone else got the sweats?

Yes, I'd like to kick AK's nut sack up to his chin now!!!! That sure is a beautiful rifle. Looks like a JOC commemorative rifle, but nicer!!!!!

BSA MAGA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
BACO Rifles

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Classic Rifles

P64

[img]https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/ww233/beretzs/IMG_9869.jpeg[/img]

Those might help some to give you an idea of what you're looking at. Ask away, no question will hurt my feelers. Always glad to help, especially for this cause.

Quite the spread, what's up with the fourth one down.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
It is one of the Super Grades with French Walnut. That one is a 6.5 PRC and a peach of a rifle. Everytime I hear someone talk smack about the FN guns, I can't remember much else that has been factory made that is a ton nicer than that rifle.

Semper Fi
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yeah, looks pretty sharp from here. I'm sure it shoots as good as it looks.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
It is one of the Super Grades with French Walnut. That one is a 6.5 PRC and a peach of a rifle. Everytime I hear someone talk smack about the FN guns, I can't remember much else that has been factory made that is a ton nicer than that rifle.

Definitely not popular opinion, but my local place had a Portugal 308 supergrade in French walnut I would put up against any I have ever seen.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by ldg397

Definitely not popular opinion, but my local place had a Portugal 308 supergrade in French walnut I would put up against any I have ever seen.

I remember seeing a 6.5 Creed when the French Walnut guns first hit the market and it had some oh my God wood on it and they were around 1500 bucks at that point. One of the ones I wished I snatched off the rack instead of waiting.

Another fella on here has a 7 Rem Mag in French Walnut that is more than amazing as well. I still keep my eyes open for others especially when the ads list the real rifles pictured.

Semper Fi
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by keystoneben
Yeah, looks pretty sharp from here. I'm sure it shoots as good as it looks.

It was pretty decent Ben. Used 129 ABLR's the first year after a quick work up for a buck.

I did a little load work with the 139 Scenar and man, it really woke up.

Semper Fi
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by ldg397

beretzs sent me a link one time, to a beautiful BACO in a french walnut stock, chambered in 6.5PRC, like the one he has. Some of them are jaw dropping beautiful rifles. I almost got weak enough and bought it. ha ha..

BSA MAGA
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (12344mag, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 1234, 63 invisible), 2,733 guests, and 1,157 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,315
Posts18,487,306
Members73,968
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.