Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
My old ship is now the test platform for modern weapon technology. They tested a laser system quite a few years ago.

Here's a quick reference.

Not sure if there's a public video of the laser test shoot, but it took out a missile shot successfully.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Found one. Six years ago it was public. I'm sure it's one of many available choices now.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by SupFoo
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
You bombard the classifieds with overpriced goods; cut&paste here like a madman; and get upset when others point it out and toss some grief your way?

Sitting in a trailer drinking all day, on the internet trying to provoke people, parroting bullchit, it's a pathetic life you live trying to impress the other forum kids how tough you are.

Why don't you quit worrying about my life and mind your fug'n business you drunk old fool.

You should do the world a favor, fall off a boat in very rough seas and disappear. I'm sure that scraggly old beard of yours that looks like a floor mop will drag you under never to seen again. The crabs will be able to feast on your fat a$$ for a very long time. The world will be a better place and nobody will miss ol' "Whisky Jack".

I understand why you are relegated to cut & paste.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Originally Posted by slumlord
Have you tried using the search bar of your favorite search engine?

The internet has now been around for about 30 years.

You need to be more understanding of boomer culture. They are used to having their information delivered to them via Walter Cronkite or the like on the 6:00 news.

Having to actually go actively locate information is not something a Bonner is going to do.

Yeah, but the older I get, the later 6PM is. I'd rather have it at 5PM and be off to bed by 6.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aegis_Ballistic_Missile_Defense_System

Arleigh Burkes would kick the dog poop out of WWII capital ships.

Not really. NONE of their armaments (to include conventional warhead Cruise Missiles) have the capability to penetrate their armor and all the IOWA class BB's were equipped (when they were brought out of mothballs in the 80s) with modern missile defenses (CIWS comes to mind). So yes, to your point they are not your grandad's Tin Cans, but ....

Iowa class were for their time😏 the schizz.

Sure wouldn’t disrespect them, it was more about the awesomeness of the ABs.

How armored were the decks of those battle ships?

Mentioned how proud most countries would be of an Arliegh Burke, they would be at least as proud of an 80 year old Iowa in its updated form. Most couldn’t support either.

Designed to withstand up to 2K armor piercing bombs. Main belt was 12" nickel-chrome steel.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B2

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (2500HD, 300_savage, 10gaugemag, AdventureBound, 9 invisible), 4,129 guests, and 699 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,447
Posts18,528,810
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.