Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by beretzs
That’s a damned great deal you got!

Yes Sir, i also know who to offer it too if i decide to sell, especially now with the LOP to more your liking, it's also in the lineup for Alberta moose and whitetail.

whistle

Semper Fi
GB1

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by gunner500
That’s a damned great deal you got!

Yes Sir, i also know who to offer it too if i decide to sell, especially now with the LOP to more your liking, it's also in the lineup for Alberta moose and whitetail.

whistle

cool^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Trump Won!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Someone needs to post up some pics of their Bansner Miller stocked rifles here. They were big talk about 7 months ago, what's taking you guys so long?????

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Someone needs to post up some pics of their Bansner Miller stocked rifles here. They were big talk about 7 months ago, what's taking you guys so long?????
2nd from the right, aa Bansner UR-1 LH in 7mm STW
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by Ridge_Runner; 01/07/24.

If your going through hell, keep on going, don't look back, If your scared don't show it.
You might get out b'fore the devil even knows your there.
(Rodney Atkins)
IC B2

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Here is a Bansner in all its raw glory on a 338 WM. I even converted it to LH. Someday I’ll send it for paint.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by pathfinder76
Here is a Bansner in all its raw glory on a 338 WM. I even converted it to LH. Someday I’ll send it for paint.

I like the looks of that one. Great choice in recoil pad too.. Now, in the thread you started about rings for the Nightforce SHV 3-10x42, if you imagine the front Talley lightweight extended to the loading port that might just fit that SHV. You'd have to get the extended front though. You'd still be pretty limited in forward to aft adjustment though. So hopefully the eye relief would work for that application.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P

I like the looks of that one. Great choice in recoil pad too.. Now, in the thread you started about rings for the Nightforce SHV 3-10x42, if you imagine the front Talley lightweight extended to the loading port that might just fit that SHV. You'd have to get the extended front though. You'd still be pretty limited in forward to aft adjustment though. So hopefully the eye relief would work for that application.

There is space with the rings as you see them.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

There is space with the rings as you see them.

I'd imagine there wouldn't be much, with a 5.1" mounting length.

BSA MAGA
P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Ring spacing is 4.75”

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by bigJ
I have emailed bansner multiple times and never gotten a response. I think you need to phone the shop.

This. Call Mark.

The Bansner stock is a bit more chubby than I would prefer, but I have them on two M700 mtn rifles. The Bansner dimensions are very similar to the B&C stock on the M700 mtn rifles.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

What stock model is that?

MM

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
The Classic

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

I wouldn’t change a thing! That’s a killer rig.

Semper Fi
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've picked up a couple beater Browns over the years and like them. One, I had fixed up and other I left as is. I've had the Bansners and liked them as well but like the Browns the best for fit.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

I wouldn’t change a thing! That’s a killer rig.

Looks sweet. Even though the bolt is on the wrong side...........for you..

BSA MAGA
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by eamyrick
My model 70 Brown Stock came out to 22.8 ounces bedded. It’s a wonderful handling stock and Mark Brown is a pleasure to work with. Few photos here:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/18800918/brown-30-06#Post18800918

Very nice. Did Mark Brown build the entire rifle? Whose barrel and length? Accuracy? TIA

Last edited by Tarquin; 01/14/24.

Tarquin
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Below_par
So,

As per my last thread, I've been deciding on a stock for my M70 build.
Have received confirmation from Brown precision that they can ship a stock to Australia - great news.
Frustratingly, I've just sent another email to Bansner asking if postage is possible after waiting over two weeks since my first email.

How do the stocks compare? I was hoping to obtain the Bansner Miller as I love a cheekpiece, but at this rate think the Brown stock will be the winner. Also, is this sort of delay in response normal this time of year due to holiday closures, or no?

Photos appreciated as always to help me decide. Thank you!

I met Mark Brown recently at the Dallas Safari Club. He had some model 70's on display with the Brown Pounder stock. They were light and stiff and very trim. I'd go with one of those if I were you. Mark was also very patient in answering everyone's questions. Nice guy.

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that lightening ain't distributed right." - Mark Twain
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by TexasPhotog
Originally Posted by Below_par
So,

As per my last thread, I've been deciding on a stock for my M70 build.
Have received confirmation from Brown precision that they can ship a stock to Australia - great news.
Frustratingly, I've just sent another email to Bansner asking if postage is possible after waiting over two weeks since my first email.

How do the stocks compare? I was hoping to obtain the Bansner Miller as I love a cheekpiece, but at this rate think the Brown stock will be the winner. Also, is this sort of delay in response normal this time of year due to holiday closures, or no?

Photos appreciated as always to help me decide. Thank you!

I met Mark Brown recently at the Dallas Safari Club. He had some model 70's on display with the Brown Pounder stock. They were light and stiff and very trim. I'd go with one of those if I were you. Mark was also very patient in answering everyone's questions. Nice guy.

Need a pic of that display. He does some nice work. Those Browns are generally very good shooting rifles. I've never heard anyone complain about them. The 2 I have, were not built by Brown Precision, but boy do they shoot. Sub moa from lightweight magnums, is a damn nice thing.

BSA MAGA
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I didn't shoot one a pic of his display but they had targets with them and they were extremely accurate. He's a good guy too.

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that lightening ain't distributed right." - Mark Twain
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (16penny, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 22250rem, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 62 invisible), 2,582 guests, and 1,336 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,575
Posts18,491,995
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.