Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by ShadeTree
Originally Posted by Oldagpilot
I’m slowly turning into Fudd not even fighting it. 180 round nose all the way.

I got around 500 of the Hornady 180 RN that were picked up back when nobody wanted them yet. I like that ultra cheap stuff nobody wants.

They shoot well, and jug tested well. Will work dandy for deer.
There needs to be a “Fudd” card for us genuine cases.

I’ll carry mine with honor.

DF

HR IC

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by Oldagpilot
I’m slowly turning into Fudd not even fighting it. 180 round nose all the way.

I got around 500 of the Hornady 180 RN that were picked up back when nobody wanted them yet. I like that ultra cheap stuff nobody wants.

They shoot well, and jug tested well. Will work dandy for deer.
There needs to be a “Fudd” card for us genuine cases.

I’ll carry mine with honor.

DF

I was thinking how I came about those bullets. 2 boxes were purchased off a second hand table for $10 a box. Then when you couldn't buy anything, I traded a can of old powder a guy gave me, for a box of bullets, and the man threw in 2 boxes of those old 180 Hornady RN he didn't care about, to sweeten the deal. Ya! Then a guy gave me 5 or 6 boxes of old reloads that I broke down for the components. They are the 180 Hornady RN. $20 into 5 boxes of bullets. I don't mind being called a fudd.

I don't think a deer in the state will give 2 flips that they're not plastic tipped or carry a high BC.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Definite Fudd thinking. Those old bullets have a great shelf life; they not gonna deteriorate.

I like the way you think, must be a Fudd thing. Yeah, those deer will end up in the skinning shed, won’t know the difference.

Thanks for sharing. Good stuff.

DF

O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O
Looking forward to my Fudd card everything thing I did today was Fuddish.

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
We need a Fudd patch club here on the fire. To qualify you must kill a deer with your 06 lobbing rn bullets of 180 grains but I will offer that a NP in that weight will get you in as well mainly cuz that’s what I got. However if the group says trad rn bullets then that shall they be. Who’s game? C’mon Fuddy Duddies speak up and be heard!

The way life should be.
IC B2

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by bluefish
We need a Fudd patch club here on the fire. To qualify you must kill a deer with your 06 lobbing rn bullets of 180 grains but I will offer that a NP in that weight will get you in as well mainly cuz that’s what I got. However if the group says trad rn bullets then that shall they be. Who’s game? C’mon Fuddy Duddies speak up and be heard!
Ha!

Love it...

DF

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Here's another from my Fudd collection

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

And for the big bore Fudds.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fudds only hunt wabbits...

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Ha! I'm in! I try to kill a deer every yr with something different be it rifle or bullet. That 180 RN was on the list anyways.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I reckon us more mature citizens are probably considered Fudds by the younger, black rifle generation.

May explain why the Pre-64 market has softened a bit. Fewer of us still around to chase after those treasures, or even know what they are. The Fudd generation is steadily decreasing.

It’s a changing world and, IMO, not for the better.

I’ll enjoy my Fudd guns while I can.

DF

I will be 40 this year. Not all of us younger folks are $#*+birds. I would take a Pre-64 .30-06 over anything “manbun” any day of the week!

IC B3

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Man I can’t believe LittleStick isn’t on here telling everyone how “f….up” we all are🤣. Roundnosed bullets, wood stocks, blued metal…….can’t hunt anything with those!

I wanted a Pre-64 Model 70 featherweight for years only in .270 - never did get one but picked up one in .30-06 about a year ago. Nobody else wanted it at the local gun store (they carry all the vogue items but these kind of rifles languish on the shelves!). Anyway finally got one and didn’t get a chance to hunt it this hunting season but will next season if at all possible - and yes with roundnose bullets (count me as a Fudd!).

PennDog

Last edited by PennDog; 01/16/24.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
IF i had to pick 2 big game rifles to keep and sell the rest one would be my pet model 70 FWt in 280 rem, the other a New production 700BDL in 30-06

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by filmjunkie4ever
I reckon us more mature citizens are probably considered Fudds by the younger, black rifle generation.

May explain why the Pre-64 market has softened a bit. Fewer of us still around to chase after those treasures, or even know what they are. The Fudd generation is steadily decreasing.

DF

I will be 40 this year. Not all of us younger folks are $#*+birds. I would take a Pre-64 .30-06 over anything “manbun” any day of the week!
Well, I’m reassured to see younger guys like you who make good sense. Must be a few of you out there.

DF

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Dang rabbit!

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Ghost And The Darkness

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
I’m starting a Fudd thread and we can follow this through to next year. Fudds rejoice! We are an exclusive, eccentric lot by modern standards. Will only blue/walnut be allowed in the club?

The way life should be.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
I’m starting a Fudd thread and we can follow this through to next year. Fudds rejoice! We are an exclusive, eccentric lot by modern standards. Will only blue/walnut be allowed in the club?
Real Fudds would vote blue steel and walnut. We can hide our stainless, synthetic rifles. Got an image to maintain, don’t ya know.

DF

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
New thread up.

The way life should be.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Yep, blued steel/walnut.

DF

I'm not terrible far ahead of you, I'm 53. I own plenty of rifles. Exactly 1 is synthetic stocked and that's a old war time FN M98 in 30-06 that I picked up a plastic stock for because the wood stock has a crack in it I need to repair.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Yep, blued steel/walnut.

DF

I'm not terrible far ahead of you, I'm 53. I own plenty of rifles. Exactly 1 is synthetic stocked and that's a old war time FN M98 in 30-06 that I picked up a plastic stock for because the wood stock has a crack in it I need to repair.
I don’t apologize for plastic stocks, just don’t flaunt them. A genuine Fudd keeps them under the radar. Will not confirm or deny how many, if any, I have. My safe stays locked.

Disregard any photographic evidence posted here in the past.

Dems have their narrative, guess we could maintain our image.

DF

O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O
I have two older brown precision stocked rifles both are really cool custom guns from some Fudds who have passed on one is a 1903 30-06 put together by CT Huston very accurate the other is a 1950 model 70 270 stainless barrel and parkerized built in anchorage even Fudd hunts on rainy days?

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (1minute, 1234, 1badf350, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 57 invisible), 2,483 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,560
Posts18,491,767
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.