Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
johnw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Longbob
If you are regularly running up over 30% of your available credit and paying it off each month it isn’t difficult to get the issuer to raise your limit.

I know this is true.

Have had the one CC account for maybe 11 years now, and it started with a $2500 limit. Seems like it plateaued at about $8000, til I obtained my other card.

I believe they were in competition to boost my limits, for a while. While I was still working the combined limits would have added up to about 35% of a year of wages
Now I'm retired, divorced, and I've reported to them an annual income less than 50% of previous. They both raised my limit again...

If... I run up 30% of my credit limit on either card, I'm in deep doo-doo

BTW, I upgraded to the travel miles card, after calling and asking them how it worked. It'll benefit me...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I use one card. I pay everything with it. Groceries, diesel, doctor Co Pay, utilities. Pay it off before due. Get at least $75 bucks back every month.

Same here but mine is not a cash rewards card, I get points towards motel stays. Since I travel a bit, going back and forth to Texas about half my stays are paid for.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
johnw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I use one card. I pay everything with it. Groceries, diesel, doctor Co Pay, utilities. Pay it off before due. Get at least $75 bucks back every month.

Same here but mine is not a cash rewards card, I get points towards motel stays. Since I travel a bit, going back and forth to Texas about half my stays are paid for.

Most of Cap1's reps are offshore and have an accent of one sort or another. When I called about this yesterday, I spoke with a pleasant gal in Phoenix AZ.
She explained that the travel miles don't relate to any kind of mileage anywhere. I accrue a rewards dollar amount that I can apply to about any travel expense. She mentioned airfare, lodging, auto rental, and campground fees. That will do nicely, for me

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Pat85
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
I am two or three trips away from Diamond on Delta. Not that it means much these days.

Lately Diamond medallion might get you a first class upgrade...... maybe.

Not even that with the new program. At best they offer to upgrade from cattle class to Comfort Plus and that is generally a middle seat so that isn't happening with me. I like my emergency row exit on the Airbus A350 unless I want to burn miles on a business class ticket. Diamond means nothing with the new program.

I only fly Delta out of necessity.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Have a mileage reward and a Wells Fargo visa. Didn’t really want to get a WF card but they have our mortgage so I use the rewards on that card from budgeted expenses like gas and groceries to make extra mortgage payments.

Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. - Ronald Reagan

For why should my freedom be judged by another man's conscience? - 1 Corinthians 10:29
IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by goalie
What do you use it for, and do you carry a balance? We use an Amazon card, so cash back in credit on Amazon for everything. Friends that fly more use cards that gives them miles. The key is what does it cost, what do you get out of it, and is it worth it. We put tons on the card then pay it off monthly, so the money back is "free" but if you carry a balance, the percentage you pay waaaaaaay outweighs the benefit you're getting.
This.

APR is near 30% on some cards now.

Dyin' ain't much of a livin' boy - Josey Wales
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Banks charge sellers about 3% on all card purchases so that's built into their retail prices. Some will give you a discount if you pay cash but most won't. A rewards card gives you a chance to recover a little of what you've been overcharged for bank fees.
As has been said, do NOT fail to pay it off monthly or it will cost you big time. What the banks charge you is immoral and outright theft.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 56 invisible), 2,294 guests, and 1,162 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,679
Posts18,513,358
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.