Print Thread
Hop To
H
hemi82 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
H
As the title suggest I’m looking at either one in a 2.5-15-42. Looking for comments on what the finish on the regular Credo is like. I havent found them anywhere locally and I’m trying to purchase soon on one of the many deals that seem to be going right now.
Going to be putting it on a Savage Ultralight in 6.5 creedmoor with the carbon barrel. Main concern is the non HX is going to have to flat if a finish and it’ll look off. Other than that I prefer the Mils version on the regular Credo.
I also am looking at the VX5 HD with Freplex reticle and if anyone has one that can comment vs the Trijicon, that would be great too.

GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I have a Trijicon Credo and Leupold VX5 HD fire dot. They are both real nice scopes. I don't think you can go wrong either way. Jmo. I know that there are some Luppy haters out there. I think it depends on what you are going to use the scope for. I use the Trijicon Credo for dialing. Shooting at distances. I have had it for a few years now. It has been flawless.

I have had zero problems with the VX5 HD. However I don't crank on that one much. Don't shoot that gun much past 200yds. Great glass and the fire dot works well for me. I just shot a nice Buck at first light with it. I don't think I could have made that shot without the lit reticle.

Last edited by jc189; 12/20/23.
H
hemi82 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
H
How’s the illuminated reticle in the Credo? Daylight bright. Or Atleast bright enough for overcast days

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Yes, the illuminated reticle in the Credo is plenty bright enough.

It's hard to get a good pic through the scope with a phone. but you can see it gets pretty bright.
This pic does not do it justice. Its very clear with good eye relief. I just can't get the phone right to get rid of the tunnel vision.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by jc189; 12/20/23.
H
hemi82 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
H
Thanks, looks like Credo probably will be my best bet like I originally thought.

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I really like my Credo. I would not hesitate to buy another one.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Have a 4-16x50 Credo & a couple VX5 2-10x42's (one with a firedot) and a VX5 3-15x44

Haven't put them through the paces like most on here, but all great scopes. Absolutely love the VX5 2-10x42 with the firedot.

Credo feels like a tank next to the Leupolds and they have a great reputation for holding up.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
My 2.5-10 has the green crosshair, and the only time I could not see it easily, was when the sun is setting just over my target stand at my backyard range. It’s still visible, even then…just doesn’t jump out, looking into the flare. What’s impressive, is how much better the glass does in handling that, vs even my Zeiss or Vortex Razor stuff. My VX-R hated that. Lay of the land, or I’d face the bench different.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I have the Credo or actually the Accupower and a Credo HX. The only offering in the Trijicon battery powered lines that is true daylight bright is the red HX with Hunter Holds. The rest of them are daylight visible.

I watched a YouTube comparison from Superset CA before I bought my HX and am glad I did.

Last edited by TWR; 12/23/23.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by hemi82
As the title suggest I’m looking at either one in a 2.5-15-42. Looking for comments on what the finish on the regular Credo is like. I havent found them anywhere locally and I’m trying to purchase soon on one of the many deals that seem to be going right now.
Going to be putting it on a Savage Ultralight in 6.5 creedmoor with the carbon barrel. Main concern is the non HX is going to have to flat if a finish and it’ll look off. Other than that I prefer the Mils version on the regular Credo.
I also am looking at the VX5 HD with Freplex reticle and if anyone has one that can comment vs the Trijicon, that would be great too.

I have the accupoint 1-6 German and vx5hd 1-5 firedot. The accupoint gets very high marks in reviews so imagine it’s easily credo league just the non battery illum.

Anyway, the vx5hd firedot is no joke. I think even slightly better fov, slightly better Eyebox, slightly better contrast/image, it’s lighter with smoother smaller dimensions and the zero lock turret is the best on market. The shake awake illum dot is pretty sweet. It’s one helluva impressive optic imo. It’s only downside is the internet chatter about tracking, rtz and zero retention. I did not expect it to do so well against what research told me was a top choice in 1-6 lpvo’s. I’m going to give it some time one one rig with the accupoint on another. May take a couple years to see what stays, maybe both do, that would be no surprise. The accupoint is no joke either, I just figured they wouldn’t be so close and actually so many slight wins from the Leupold.

This is very preliminary comparisons at this point so need that field time still. Thai probably won’t help your decision lol. As many may say...you prolly can’t go wrong with either. If the Leupold proves its function and zero hold...look out, beauty scope.👍

Good lord they are pricy, but they both impress.

Last edited by stinkycoyote; 12/24/23.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seldom mentioned is that Trijicons come with caps and neoprene covers as well as a lens pen, in the box. Not a deal maker or breaker, but a nice bonus.

What fresh Hell is this?
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Credo 2.5-15-42 milrad, is the reticle bold enough for hunting? Appreciate it

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by BRSnow
Credo 2.5-15-42 milrad, is the reticle bold enough for hunting? Appreciate it
Definitely is. The illumination is excellent also.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular

I wouldn't be concerned about the difference in "satin black" and "flat black".

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by drop_point

I wouldn't be concerned about the difference in "satin black" and "flat black".

Last thing I’d worry about. It’s Mils Vs MOA with the two lines.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I also am looking at the VX5 HD with Fireplex reticle and if anyone has one that can comment vs the Trijicon, that would be great too.
No comparison IMO. Trij all the way.

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
The only knock I have on the Credo HX's that I own, is there's no "auto-off" function for the illumination. If you forget and leave it on, it stays on until the next time you go to use it and find out it's dead. I only have 2 other illuminated scopes, a Trijicon Accupoint with the tritium light source and a Leupold VX6HD 1-6 x 24. So, I don't do a ton of shooting with illuminated scopes and haven't developed the habit of turning them off after a hunt or range session.

Obviously, the Trijicon Accupoint, doesn't have that issue, but the Leupy has a motion sensing function that turns it on and off. Pretty nice feature actually.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (10gaugemag, 1936M71, 06hunter59, 160user, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 55 invisible), 2,616 guests, and 1,182 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,780
Posts18,477,082
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.