Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

NFL Rookie Quarterback CJ Stroud has been vocal about his faith in Jesus Christ. “My foundation as a man is that I’m a man of God. I’ve been scared and battle-tested, but I have the armor of God on me.”

Stroud has taken the Houston Texans from one of the worst teams in the NFL to making the playoffs in his rookie season. He constantly has given all the glory to Jesus Christ for his success.

“When I got to college, I found Christ for myself,” said Stroud, who often played with the shape of the cross on one of his thigh pads. It’s definitely something that I’m still learning to this day. I’m definitely not perfect. … It does keep me grounded; it does keep me humble just because I know anything can be stripped away at any point. I feel like God put me on this platform to preach his word.”

“Jesus laid His life on the cross for us – I really believe that. This is bigger than just football. Football is my platform. Spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ is my purpose. I think that's what God wants," Stroud asserted.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Good on him!

The U of Washington QB[Pennix] was also praising God for his accomplishments in a pre-game interview the other day.

FJB & FJT
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Atta boy! I wish him the best in his personal mission. May the Lord work through him to bring people to Christ!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good for him on that note, but I disagree with him on his stance on prison reform. His dad had a rap sheet a mile long, repeat offender and was sent away. But it is the criminal justice system that is corrupt and keeping him there?

Some excerts from a CNN article. CNN propaganda piece

"Stroud was raised for the majority of his life by his mother after his father, Coleridge Bernard Stroud III, pleaded guilty in 2015 to charges of carjacking, kidnapping, robbery, evading an officer with reckless driving and misdemeanor sexual battery. As a repeat offender, he was sentenced to 38 years in prison."

“Was blessed to be able to have a great dinner the other night to discuss and shine light on prison reform and our corrupt criminal justice system and how we can get things fixed. Was able to explain my story and how this issue has effected [sic] my life and so many more families around the country,” Stroud wrote."

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Off the field, I fully endorse his 1A rights. Hold interviews, ralles, marches, protests, preach to the choir - have at it!

On the field, during game time or interview there, he should play football. He is really good at it! Give a solid answer to any questions asked is fine- then it isn't on him, or the team, or the NFL.

But no kneelling, Black Panther salutes, preaching, politics, etc. Sounds like he is convinced his old man (and by extension himself and all other blacks) are "victims", by simply being black.

Can't argue that our so-called criminal justice" system isn't seriously flawed, given the never unaccoiuntable several tiers that are readily apparent.

As a black comedian once put it, "Ya'll want to stop being profiled, stop doing that s**t! The popo do it because it works!"

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by stxhunter
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

NFL Rookie Quarterback CJ Stroud has been vocal about his faith in Jesus Christ. “My foundation as a man is that I’m a man of God. I’ve been scared and battle-tested, but I have the armor of God on me.”

Stroud has taken the Houston Texans from one of the worst teams in the NFL to making the playoffs in his rookie season. He constantly has given all the glory to Jesus Christ for his success.

“When I got to college, I found Christ for myself,” said Stroud, who often played with the shape of the cross on one of his thigh pads. It’s definitely something that I’m still learning to this day. I’m definitely not perfect. … It does keep me grounded; it does keep me humble just because I know anything can be stripped away at any point. I feel like God put me on this platform to preach his word.”

“Jesus laid His life on the cross for us – I really believe that. This is bigger than just football. Football is my platform. Spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ is my purpose. I think that's what God wants," Stroud asserted.
Seems like a great dude. Wish him the best!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If we'd publicly execute all sexual offenses and violent offenses, the problems with prisons would disappear. I'm guessing the problem with people making bad choices would clear up, too. But I guarantee that nobody would do it twice.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I'm a fan. Same goes for Quinn Ewers at Texas.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Good for him.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
As if the Browns didn't have enough problems.......

Now this.

IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Thumbs up.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

61 members (2500HD, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 10 invisible), 3,982 guests, and 712 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,447
Posts18,528,813
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.