Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
[b][/b]
Originally Posted by kenjs1
Originally Posted by Fotis
I thought they were made in China and the Philippines?
Fotis, I always understood that the Fullfield II and Droptine scopes are made in the Philippines and the Fullfield IV's are made in China. I am pretty sure this is accurate.

I checked around just now and even publications conflict each other.

A Barrett Rifles website article from as Jan 5th, 2024 (yes this year) says Burris scopes are made in the USA, Japan, and the Philippines. That's it.

I think they missed the ones being made in China unless something has very recently changed.

The only model line they directly specify country of origin is the XTR III, saying these are made in the USA. They leave us to guess the rest.

To me, that would leave the Burris Signature line to be Japanese - by process of elimination.

I have a Signature HD 3-15x44 it says Made in China on the bottom....

Interesting video - very labor intensive product to produce.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Featherweight6555
Sorry Al, didn't mean to dredge up any bad memories.

No worries. wink

Yesterday, I dug out a Burris 6HBR for a new build for the 2024 season. But there's a Weaver T6, a Sightron HBR and a Leupold FX3 Competition Hunter here too...I'm not working without a net. crazy

Good shootin' smile -Al

Forbidden Zoner
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by ckat
I made it 1:47 in… that host is too much for me.
^^^^This

"Keep your mouth shut, work hard. Life is tough. Work through it.” -- Stetson Bennett, Quarterback, Georgia Bulldogs
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
If Burris was the only scope manufacture in the World I wouldn't own a scope.....iron sights would be what i would use and trust.....haven't owned Burris in 30 + years will never ever own anything made by them...
Had a 6-18 Burris scope on a Ruger 10-22 22 mag. 3 shots and an inside lens cracked....had a Burris 1 3/4-5 scope on a Remington 11-87 4 shots and the cross hairs disappeared....those were the fastest destruction on any scope made....Burris scopes that I have sent back over 20 that lasted more shots just failed and they were not on AR-15's shooting 5.56 but large calibers....
When I went on out of State or the Country hunts I would bring 2 extra Burris scopes sighted in just in case and had a few fog or not work over the years I used them....
Now using Nikons and Trijicons I only need to bring one extra and have never had to use one.....

Burris could go out of business for all I care ! They cost me a lot of grief over the years I tried to use them there just plane JUNK !

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by coyotewacker
If Burris was the only scope manufacture in the World I wouldn't own a scope.....iron sights would be what i would use and trust.....haven't owned Burris in 30 + years will never ever own anything made by them...
Had a 6-18 Burris scope on a Ruger 10-22 22 mag. 3 shots and an inside lens cracked....had a Burris 1 3/4-5 scope on a Remington 11-87 4 shots and the cross hairs disappeared....those were the fastest destruction on any scope made....Burris scopes that I have sent back over 20 that lasted more shots just failed and they were not on AR-15's shooting 5.56 but large calibers....
When I went on out of State or the Country hunts I would bring 2 extra Burris scopes sighted in just in case and had a few fog or not work over the years I used them....
Now using Nikons and Trijicons I only need to bring one extra and have never had to use one.....

Burris could go out of business for all I care ! They cost me a lot of grief over the years I tried to use them there just plane JUNK !

Wow, I've had probably a dozen FFIIs and a couple of FF E1s over the last 25 or so years and still have 6 I think. Never even had to call Customer service, have had not a single issue with any of them.

Your life is made up of two dates and a dash, Make the most of the dash.
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Brokenarrow
Originally Posted by coyotewacker

Wow, I've had probably a dozen FFIIs and a couple of FF E1s over the last 25 or so years and still have 6 I think. Never even had to call Customer service, have had not a single issue with any of them.

I’m with brokenarrow on this one. I have owned a bunch of Burris scopes over the years and still have around 10 FF2’s mounted on various rifles. Never had an issue with a single one.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Originally Posted by Motown
I’m with brokenarrow on this one. I have owned a bunch of Burris scopes over the years and still have around 10 FF2’s mounted on various rifles. Never had an issue with a single one.

Same here--but coyotewacker hasn't owned a Burris in 30 years. Always amazing how some shooters assume all products stay the same over time--though have also known quite a few shooters who over-tighten scope rings, which can cause problems, with more brands than others.

Have owned a pile of Fullfield IIs over the last quarter-century--and the ONLY one that failed was my last USA-made one. According to my shooting notebook, got it the year before Burris switched production to the Philippines. This happened a couple years ago, and it had been on a pile of rifles for a lot of rounds over those years.

So far haven't had a Philippines FFII fail, and have used a number of 'em on rifles up to the .300 Weatherby Magnum. Might also mention, once again, that Burris did NOT just have a "similar" scope made in a Philippine factory. Instead they provided the machinery, and taught the workers how to use it.

The manufacturing of rifle scopes has changed considerably over the decades, even in the "same" factories....

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I must say that I was impressed with Burris.

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (160user, 1234, 10gaugemag, 19rabbit52, 10gaugeman, 1337Fungi, 57 invisible), 2,282 guests, and 1,185 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,770
Posts18,476,810
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.