Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Time to get my projects done that went on hold August 15. I’ll reserve 3-5 days monthly for Pig whacking in the darkness.

I’ve got a 2006 model 22’ ft Pontoon boat to sell. It needs minor updates that the new owner will benefit from.

Last edited by Reloder28; 01/12/24.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
GB1

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
We are finishing the inside of a new house at deer camp about to head out to work.
Plan to build a box stand or 2 for my wife to hunt out of. We are going to do some planting this year. 2 or 3 good food plots. There are always ckearing to do along the roads. I have already been loading ammo.

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Jan.31st for me

HMM-161, HMM-364
Semper Fi Brothers
C
CBB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Load development, pull stands, shed hunt, scout, help the wife with her high tunnels…. Turkey hunt…crappie and walleye fishing… lots to do

Hunt...
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Troutnut
Still some small game seasons in. Couple new rifles to work up loads for , skeet shooting and trout fishing.

^^^ This plus farm work, getting ready to cut hay, horse camping, and turkey hunting.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bearded_hillbilly
Originally Posted by Troutnut
Still some small game seasons in. Couple new rifles to work up loads for , skeet shooting and trout fishing.

^^^ This plus farm work, getting ready to cut hay, horse camping, and turkey hunting.
You trout fish in Wva?

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Start using my personal skeet field & rifle/rifle pistol range. I don't use it here when deer season is open.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Runs til end of Jan here..

Then garden time.
And fishing..

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
In addition to deer season being done, I retired 30DEC, so time is on my side for a change.

Once this artic blast is done (4 degrees now, feels like -15) I'll start chasing squirrels and coyotes.

Then the projects start. I've got some clearing o do on my deer engagement area on the back 40, firewood to cut and split, new shelving for the barn, I'm also going to put in new railroad ties on the pistol range. After that's complete, I'd like to refinish my big duck boat and rework the blind system.

I've also got matches coming up starting in March.

“Might does not make right but it sure makes what is.”
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Go coyote calling and hunt javelina when the season starts on February 1st.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
IC B3

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Going to lease one last time next weekend.
Need to shoot a doe to make sausage out of
After that load development on a new Howa mini in 6.5 Grendel
Need to build 3 box stands

Time to start crappie fishing too

Your mind is your primary weapon. Never let it get rusty.

Endowment Member NRA
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I had a disappointing season after one great deer shot abd two good ones on my lease, I was hunting three absolute monsters that I had on camera a lot . One showed up 2 minutes after shooting light ended and I only saw him looking for hogs with a green light.

I did a great food plot this year and put in more work at the lease than previous years . That’s hunting right? Onto the next year and a second lease .

Memento mori ( remember you must die) enjoy every day for tomorrow you may not wake

You can always borrow and pay the money back but you can never get the time back

Everyone hunter should own a fine rifle, life is short.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I have the gun room to clean up and put the deer season stuff away. I have three new rifles to load for so I can shoot them when the weather warms up and see what they like. I need to load a couple hundred 410's for Quail in Georgia in two weeks and when I get back it's load shotgun shells like a mad bandit for the upcoming sporting cleays season. I go through almost 8,000 shells in 12, 16, 20 & 28ga from the end of April to the begining of October. Somewhere along the line I like to find time to prowl the woods with a rimfire looking for squirrels.
Dam I'm tired just thinking about all this.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Too much to list all out. Numerous rifles that I either want to work up first time loads for, or bed, or one or two that I might come up with a peep sight for over using a scope. Shells to load for a couple buddies, zero turn that needs gone over and mower belt replaced before spring.

House got hit with hail back in the summer, just finalized the insurance claim on that with what all is going to be covered. New roof, siding, facia, deck redone, gutters & downspout, 1 garage door, so that fixing by a contractor is coming up.....lots going on.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ruts just about to get going Alabama. We got until early February. Heading up to camp next Wednesday for a few weeks.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Pig hunt and fish till spring turkey season. Fish and camp for the summer while dreaming of fall dove fields and early teal marshes.

" It ain't dead.As long as there's one cowboy taking care of one cow,it ain't dead ! "
Monte Walsh
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Hiking, hopefully on a couple of new trails. Already got 40+ plus miles for this month. Calling coyotes, and installing a small safe in our second home. Spent two afternoons, cutting and hauling firewood for a veteran friend earlier this week. Have preference points to buy and soon another eik application.

Last edited by elkmen1; 01/13/24.
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
I enjoy native brook fishing in march and April

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Loading for two rifles then sight in, shoot new handgun acquisitions. Go to weekly swap meet where there's a building full of gun guys who like to buy/sell/trade, tell stories and generally BS.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Finish load development on the 7mm-08 and start development for a new .308.
Toss a trail cam up on a stock pond to see if the big non typical blacktail has returned.
Steelhead are starting to pour into the rivers and I’ve got all the gear ready to go.
Toss flies for trout in the upper river and daydream about the upcoming caddies and salmonfly hatches coming up!
>
>
> my wife has a honey-do list for me somewhere, but I’m trying to ignore it! 🥃

BT53
"Where do they find young men like this?" Reporter Savidge, Iraq
Elk, it's what's for dinner....

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 61 invisible), 2,398 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,269
Posts18,486,588
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.