Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
The Sig P938 was Ethan Edwards's go-to carry gun.
I tried a p238 for a spell with a laser bad ass 👍👍

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Ethan Edwards packed a Colt's SAA 4 3/4". Not sure what caliber.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by earlybrd
I love my P238. Carried it today, in fact (due to having a doctor's appointment), in my Alabama pocket holster. Shoots great for such a tiny gun. Much better than the Ruger LCP, and disappears in a front pants pocket.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by MOGC

Ethan Edwards packed a Colt's SAA 4 3/4". Not sure what caliber.
LOL. Yep.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by jwp475
Sig P365...

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Again this! The P365.

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

My wife went through a few 9’s before she tried a 938…..that’s her go to carry handgun! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Everybody thinks the P365 is all that and a bag of chips. I was underwhelmed by it and sold mine after a year of trying to love it. The Kahr CM9 is thinner, lighter, and shorter in both directions. And I could still shoot it as well or better than the P365xl. Both have been perfectly reliable for me. The only advantages to the little Sig is capacity and the ability to mount a dot sight.

Kinda hard to beat that CM9 for size and reliability. It's also smaller and lighter than the G43 and the Sig 938.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/19051253/1

I was carrying a Glock 48 last couple years until Makay started this post.....I shoot it well but realized that the ONLY reason I chose it was because it was 1/8" narrower than a 19..... you could make the "shield arms 15 rd mag" argument but the fact is that they will NEVER be as reliable as a factory Glock mag and also can't accept anything else like a 17, 24, or 33 rd mag.

I went back to a 19 3 months ago and have put about 1200 rounds through it and will never go back. My opinion on the pocket guns is that you just haven't found the right holster for your larger gun.... I just don't see the benefit of a pocket pistol anymore.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
The Kahr CM9 is another tiny one. About 1/2" shorter than the P938.

https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/sig-sauer-p938-nitron-vs-kahr-cm9

I had a CW9 for a few years, it's a little bigger than the CM9, but it was always reliable.

Had one of each and carried them for a while when they first came out. Both were reliable and accurate.

Now the smallest 9mm I carry is either my Sig P365 or my Springfield Hellcat.
I don’t mind giving up a little size for almost double the carry capacity. I shoot either of the above much better than I did either of the Kahr 9mm models mentioned above.
Not to mention being able to carry a spare 15 round mags as backup ammo, should the need arise.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by earlybrd
I love my P238. Carried it today, in fact (due to having a doctor's appointment), in my Alabama pocket holster. Shoots great for such a tiny gun. Much better than the Ruger LCP, and disappears in a front pants pocket.

I bought one when they first came out. The one I had was not reliable.
Given a choice, I’d choose my Ruger LCP 380 over one of those.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’m very pleased with my Kahr PM 9 with Crimson trace laser it was my constant companion for over 10 years until things start getting weird and I decided I need to carry higher capacity firearms

Finally spending the money on Sparks holsters made that transition pretty easy

Please don't feed the trolls!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by FreeMe
Everybody thinks the P365 is all that and a bag of chips. I was underwhelmed by it and sold mine after a year of trying to love it. The Kahr CM9 is thinner, lighter, and shorter in both directions. And I could still shoot it as well or better than the P365xl. Both have been perfectly reliable for me. The only advantages to the little Sig is capacity and the ability to mount a dot sight.

Kinda hard to beat that CM9 for size and reliability. It's also smaller and lighter than the G43 and the Sig 938.

The p365 is a great little pistol, but I thought this thread was about the "smallest reliable 9mm"??? Sometimes I don't get these threads, as that Khar is smaller than the 365, it is also "reliable". WTF am I missing? Is this all about interpretation? Do we need to be more democrat thinking? I'm thinking literal, not liberal.. I'd have to agree with you FreeMe.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P365 I believe is the smallest 10 shot and Ruger EC9S may be one of the smallest single stacks. Or both use to be. I have one of each, both reliable and accurate.
Shield+ is a nice small higher capacity carry gun. Though I had to put talon tape on the grip because it is pretty ruff and I was getting a rash. Lol

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I carry a glock 43, it just works, no drama. I have shot a Hellcat and it was not reliable with 11gr ammo. So it could have been the ammo.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by hardway
I went back to a 19 3 months ago and have put about 1200 rounds through it and will never go back. My opinion on the pocket guns is that you just haven't found the right holster for your larger gun.... I just don't see the benefit of a pocket pistol anymore.
Generally, I agree, but there are rare occasions when front pants pocket carry of a small .380 is preferable.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Capacity and the ability to mount an optic and weapon light are huge advantages over the CM9 in my opinion. However, you are correct of course that once you start adding optics and lights you no longer have a micro pocket gun.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Capacity and the ability to mount an optic and weapon light are huge advantages over the CM9 in my opinion. However, you are correct of course that once you start adding optics and lights you no longer have a micro pocket gun.

Exactly.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by cs2blue
I carry a glock 43, it just works, no drama. I have shot a Hellcat and it was not reliable with 11gr ammo. So it could have been the ammo.

Are there any models that are reliable with that 11 grain load?

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation"
"Dangerous Game Hunting........because golf, football and baseball only require one ball"
R
RHClark Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
I am leaning toward the Kahr CM9 or a used PM9. I've owned a 43 which was reliable but not exceptional in any way. I might be interested in a Sig 365 but I could basically buy two CM 9's for the same price. I haven't seen the Hellcat.

The single action sigs are great guns I am sure, but I don't favor single action for pocket carry. With a good holster fine but I don't feel as comfortable just dropping it in a coat pocket like I do with the Kahr. A light trigger Glock is about the same for needing a dedicated holster IMHO.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by HeavyLoad
P365 I believe is the smallest 10 shot and Ruger EC9S may be one of the smallest single stacks. Or both use to be. I have one of each, both reliable and accurate.
Shield+ is a nice small higher capacity carry gun. Though I had to put talon tape on the grip because it is pretty ruff and I was getting a rash. Lol

The EC9s is also bigger and heavier than the CM9. It's a half inch longer and a full inch taller, yet carries only one more round (which the CM9 can also do with the extended factory mag that is less than an inch longer).

I agree that the Shield Plus is a great higher capacity pistol, but nowhere near smallest.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 51 invisible), 2,065 guests, and 1,152 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,877
Posts18,478,931
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.