Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I know a guy who carries a Diamondback DB9. He let me shoot it once, but I just couldnt warm up to it.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
I did a lot of DA revolver shooting back in the day. To me the Kahr trigger is very similar to a SW M10, or M19 I did a lot of shooting with. Just a long smooth stroke of the trigger. It's a trigger that someone unfamiliar might need to shoot a bit to get used to, but it's a nice shootable trigger.

Yep.
There's a lot of guys wishing Justin Moon would get with the times and increase the capacity. Even if only by a little.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FreeMe
I did a lot of DA revolver shooting back in the day. To me the Kahr trigger is very similar to a SW M10, or M19 I did a lot of shooting with. Just a long smooth stroke of the trigger. It's a trigger that someone unfamiliar might need to shoot a bit to get used to, but it's a nice shootable trigger.

Yep.
There's a lot of guys wishing Justin Moon would get with the times and increase the capacity. Even if only by a little.

I like the cw9, except for the capacity..

Kahr keeps fuggin themselves…

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
JMHO.

Smallest isn't a good thing.

I have a 365, it's about the smallest thing that can easily be shot well.
Mine came with 12 rounders and the fillers.
I've never wanted 10 rounders, the shorter grip ain't worth the short grip.

Don't get too caught up on "small", within reason bigger is always better.
Small only helps with concealment, and hurts every gun/shooter performance.

Do you carry because the gun is little,
Or do you carry to be able to defend yourself?

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
JMHO.

This +10 my 365's are the tits, but my CZ75B with a 19 rd mec gar hanging out the bottom is all business stuffed with 147 fmj's..mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I have two Rohrbaugh (high end) 9mm that I am going to put on here for sale. They are fantastic and small

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
This is exactly what I've always said about the Kahr triggers. I, too, cut my teeth on double action S&W K-Frames starting in 1980. Once that trigger is fundamentally learned, switching to the Kahr is easy. People who started on semi-automatics, though, tended to hate the Kahr trigger.

I used to work behind the gun counter of a gun shop, and I was always surprised when someone would try the Kahr trigger and say it was terrible. Invariably, though, they were people who had no familiarity with double action revolvers.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
This is exactly what I've always said about the Kahr triggers. I, too, cut my teeth on double action S&W K-Frames starting in 1980. Once that trigger is fundamentally learned, switching to the Kahr is easy. People who started on semi-automatics, though, tended to hate the Kahr trigger.

I used to work behind the gun counter of a gun shop, and I was always surprised when someone would try the Kahr trigger and say it was terrible. Invariably, though, they were people who had no familiarity with double action revolvers.

Yep. I've seen the same thing. In fact, it's how I came to acquire the CM9. A friend who started handgunning late in life and never held any revolver just couldn't warm up to that trigger, even after I showed him how to use it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I know and can confirm of one reliable 9mm that is smaller than the CM/PM9. And I'm surprised that the usual fanatic hasn't brought it up, but that could be because it's discontinued.

The Keltec PF9. It also has a long but good trigger. But the loose tolerances that probably make it reliable must be why it isn't very accurate by Sig or Kahr standards. Also much less comfortable to shoot.

I have to retract that. Memory fail. The PF9 is actually slightly larger (though thinner and lighter) than the CM9. Guess that's why I never look at it anymore.

.... The Rohrbaugh.....we were supposed to be talking about reliable options. I almost wanted to buy one back when they hit the scene. But test reports were unconvincing.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
JMHO.

Nobody disagrees with that. These pocket pistols are for times that you can't carry a real gun. Or for the NY Reload.

Having said that, it's not boasting to say that I can shoot the CM9 well enough for personal use. Good sights, great trigger, and great ergonomics go a long way - as does familiarity.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
JMHO.

A agree. Like someone said in another thread, it's good to carry a gun you can fight with. I've carried a Sig 938 and could never warm up to it. I have and occasionally carry a Sig P239 but don't care for the bulk for the ammo capacity I get. Fine shooter, though. So the smallest I carry now is a Glock 26. It will fit nicely in a jacket pocket or a cargo shorts front pocket. I carry it with a snap on Clipdraw Trigger guard. It's a platform I'm familiar with. Even with a Pearce magazine pinky support, it's a really small package. And if I think I want to carry a spare mag, I can carry any mag for a G26, G19 or G17. I put an XGrip on a G19 mag for 15 rounds. With 147 grain non-+P loads, it is extremely managable even in rapid fire.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by 10Glocks; 01/14/24.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Nobody disagrees with that. These pocket pistols are for times that you can't carry a real gun. Or for the NY Reload.
Exactly. 99% of my daily carry is a Glock 26 in an IWB, but for something like a doctor's or dentist's appointment, I usually put that away and stick a Sig P238, cocked and locked, in an Alabama front pants pocket holster and pocket carry that till I get back home.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by OldRooster
I’m personally sold on the S&W Shield. I’ve had mine for a number of years and it’s never hiccuped. Easy to carry and the ergos are excellent for me.

I have 380s, but they tend to be too small. The shield is not tiny small, but probably one of the smallest easy to shoot reliable pistols.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
For cooler/cold weather I have a G27 in my waist band. It hold a few less rounds but works for me. Many people hate the G2/G27 guns. I happen to love them.

R
RHClark Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
JMHO.

A agree. Like someone said in another thread, it's good to carry a gun you can fight with. I've carried a Sig 938 and could never warm up to it. I have and occasionally carry a Sig P239 but don't care for the bulk for the ammo capacity I get. Fine shooter, though. So the smallest I carry now is a Glock 26. It will fit nicely in a jacket pocket or a cargo shorts front pocket. I carry it with a snap on Clipdraw Trigger guard. It's a platform I'm familiar with. Even with a Pearce magazine pinky support, it's a really small package. And if I think I want to carry a spare mag, I can carry any mag for a G26, G19 or G17. I put an XGrip on a G19 mag for 15 rounds. With 147 grain non-+P loads, it is extremely managable even in rapid fire.

My Glock 36 is just as easily concealed as a 26 in most situations. A micro is for those other situations.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RHClark
What current production or at least readily available 9mm is the smallest and most reliable?

Just thought I'd post this for all the pocket carrying, micro 9mm guys.................

Interesting read & comments from a very experience operator about being able to actually be able to fight at more than touching distance.

In today's world, incidents other than just protection against a close up & personal attack are becoming more & more prevalent & that incidence is likely to go nowhere but up.

MM

Why I carry a gun I can fight with by Mackay_Sagebrush

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sig P365

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't know if you can get them for the CM9. At any rate, the front sight isn't dovetailed, so changing isn't so easy. They are available on the PM9 though. Currently, there are P-series Kahrs with a light/laser rail (actually labeled S series), but not any of the micros.

Snap off the front plastic sight with a pliers and there are two holes in the slide. The replacement sight will have two legs to fit the holes, with the rear one threaded. Loctite and insert screw from the bottom.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I used to carry a P938. Now I carry a P365xl. I know its not the smallest. But I feel a lot more comfortable with the p365xl. Its still small enough and I shoot it better. And if I ever need it, there's no down side to having a 15 round mag.

R
RHClark Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by RHClark
What current production or at least readily available 9mm is the smallest and most reliable?

Just thought I'd post this for all the pocket carrying, micro 9mm guys.................

Interesting read & comments from a very experience operator about being able to actually be able to fight at more than touching distance.

In today's world, incidents other than just protection against a close up & personal attack are becoming more & more prevalent & that incidence is likely to go nowhere but up.

MM

Why I carry a gun I can fight with by Mackay_Sagebrush

I understand the sentiment and because of that I carry a full-sized H&K USP 40 most times in the winter when I wear a jacket. I carry a G36 other times. The micro is for bike rides when I might be dog attacked, or possibly threatened in any other ways. I don't expect to defeat a mass shooter with one. Even a G36 is too big to endure during a full day in the saddle.

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

73 members (35, 308ld, 808outdoors, AdventureBound, Bclark, 6 invisible), 1,137 guests, and 785 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,868
Posts18,478,687
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.