-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thats really on me Ted, I should not have assumed. I did pop the battery in it and both my son (LEO) and I fooled with it a bit smile. Handgun is due in at the FFL next week so I ordered a holster from On point in the meantime and will wait for the plate kit to arrive.

Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Originally Posted by EQFD193
My C&H Precision Duty closed emitter arrived last evening. Just a heads up, without the mounting plate and screws for the G 21 MOS...My bad. I already sent them an email and will order the correct mounting kit on Monday.

Sorry to hear about that, but you are going to really enjoy the optic on the G21.5!!

Patron member, NRA, Life Member SCI,

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Well a few days after reading this thread, a LGS had a couple of blue label G21.5's and now they're down to one, thanks to Ted. It goes well with its G17.5 brother which already has some Lost River hard cast to feed it. I guess I'll be placing another order soon for the .45.

As for RDO, seriously considering the Holosun SCS even though it's not a closed emitter. It has the lowest profile mount possible as it doesn't require a plate and, it also has a titanium housing. Will put that decision off until after a few range trips. New sights will be the first purchase.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by wreckster84; 01/23/24.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
My C&H Precision Duty closed emitter arrived last evening. Just a heads up, without the mounting plate and screws for the G 21 MOS...My bad. I already sent them an email and will order the correct mounting kit on Monday.

Why is that "your bad"? The whole which micro red dot for which pistol with which adapter plates (unless you don't need an adapter plate) is confusing to me.

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I emailed C&H Precision and asked the question, I was told I needed to order SKU: GL-ACRO-XL-ST to mount the duty on my soon to arrive G21 Gen 5 MOS and did so yesterday. This is my first go round with an optic on my handgun, I'm sure it will work out fine, but will report back after mounting and first range results frown

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 2ndwind

Why is that "your bad"? The whole which micro red dot for which pistol with which adapter plates (unless you don't need an adapter plate) is confusing to me.

Yeah!
Haven't taken the plunge yet, but it shore looks like murky waters.
Different cuts, different types within optics and guns.
Companies having standard and small....

Then some that aren't quite "standard".

Maybe, it will get sorted out...someday.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by wreckster84
Well a few days after reading this thread, a LGS had a couple of blue label G21.5's and now they're down to one, thanks to Ted. It goes well with its G17.5 brother which already has some Lost River hard cast to feed it. I guess I'll be placing another order soon for the .45.

As for RDO, seriously considering the Holosun SCS even though it's not a closed emitter. It has the lowest profile mount possible as it doesn't require a plate and, it also has a titanium housing. Will put that decision off until after a few range trips. New sights will be the first purchase.

Nice score.. I’m just a little jealous….

Semper Fi
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by wreckster84

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

No flies on the SCS, do it.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Ted,

Curious as to how you would compare the C&H to a holosun 507?

Check out my new website

http://www.howemtnknives.com/
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The G21 Gen 5, C&H duty and adaptor plate arrived yesterday. Under less than favorable conditions I made a range visit this afternoon. Full disclosure, I am not know to be a crack shot with a handgun. After MANY feed problems (failure to eject, failure to load ) the above group was one of there similar groups I managed. I tried three different mags and 4 different brands of 230 gr ammo....the only one that fed better was the +P defensive load. A bit frustrating to say the least, I did have a talk with a Glock armoror And he mentioned the NY compliant ten round mags have had feeding issues. I will go see him next week and let him look the gun over.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I’m sorry to hear about the aggravation. Please let us know the outcome. I’m currently coin flipping on making the same purchase.

Please don't feed the trolls!
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
I’m sorry to hear about the aggravation. Please let us know the outcome. I’m currently coin flipping on making the same purchase.

+1

EQFD, glad you got all the parts and gun now. So glad we don't have the 10 rd capacity limit here in FL. I have a G21.4 that I like a lot. Have already swapped out OEM sights for Trijicon HD's. Often sees use as my truck gun. Not an MOS version, but can get slide cut done relatively easily. I am no expert on RDS's, so am currently in information sponge mode. I have one gun with a red dot, a G40.4 MOS with an RMR that runs great, and is soft shooting and quite accurate. That whole implementation went surprisingly easily. Two friends and I got a deal and shared info as we went.

Looking forward to hearing you getting the kinks worked out soon, my friend. Best to you and family.

Last edited by local_dirt; 01/27/24.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks Greg,Same to you and yours. I will meet up with the Glock armorer on Wednesday to give it a good look over. He has a couple of fix it ideas, one is to block high cap mags to ten rounds. Jim mentioned that there has been some feed "Issues" with the ten round mags so we will see if that corrects the problem.

In any event, I will keep you guys posted as we figure this out.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Update:
Just got off the phone with Glock CS, He suggested to clean and lube the G21 (which I've already done) and try one range visit with various ammo (tried 4). If that does not fix the problem a shipping label will be provided for a return trip back to Glock.

He was aware of some issues with ten rd mag feed issues but stated they were primarily related to 9MM.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
I love the G21... Have converted a couple to .460R

Below is his published data... I run a touch warmer with an 8" barrel.

https://460rowland.com/load-data/

Johnny's Personal Carry, JHP 185, 1.248 OAL, 1,525 FPS, 955 Ft/ Lb

A G41 CANNOT be converted to .460R.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
One thing I can add to the problem 21.5 is make sure your screws are not too long. It is possible with different dots and plates that too long of a screw can be used and bind the extractor spring or rod. This has caused plenty of problems.

The 10 round problem mags were 9mm but the latest release on those have been much better.

I love my 21.5, it’s got a Holosun 507c sitting on a Forward Controls Design plate and Ted’s 250 grain +P ammo inside. Shoots great! I got it for pig defense but I think it’ll work on bears or bigfoot!

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Been crazy busy with various projects. That said, I have been carrying the Gen 5 G21 w/C&H RDO pretty much every day. The Milt Sparks Summer Special that is cut for optics came in so carrying it IWB has been very nice. Love it.

Went out yesterday to the range for a bit, as I had to test another load. While I was there I ran some Blazer 230 grain ball ammo I had on hand through the G21.

At 25 yards offhand, it put them into a fairly decent cluster at 25 yards, at least for me and not having shot for a bit.

They went into about a 4" cluster.

I had already tested the gun at 50 yards and knew it was a serious tackdriver. Much more accurate in fact than a good number of 1911s I have shot. So just for kicks I put 10 rounds in the mag and backed off to 100 yards. I sat down and put the gun between my knees in a rested position.

I shot all the rounds into the target, aiming dead center. Thought I fired 10 rounds, but forgot about the 1 round in the chamber, so it ended up being an 11 round group.

I dropped one round out into the -3 or "d" zone, but otherwise it was a pretty decent group (for me). The red dot made it super easy. The Blaser ball, for pretty cheap ammo did well. Very light recoil, and I have chronographed it before. It is only running in the mid 700s. You can really hammer fast with it if one needed to. Not my first choice for many things but for cheap practice stuff, it is not bad at all.

The Gen 5 and C&H RDO continue to impress.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Good shooting Ted!

F
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
F
Stuff like this is why this site costs me money. I’m not a big fan of the 9mm, tried several different ones but am a huge fan of bigger bullets. Figure if I’m going to punch holes in something I want as big of hydraulic leaks as possible. This set up has me seriously considering changing my carry game.

Great shooting and always look forwards to reading your posts mackay

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Thanks guys

Had a minute this morning on the way back to the house from town, so I shot a mag at 15 yards, shooting some of my 250+P heavy hard cast flat points.

Having the RDO on there makes it like cheating!

I really like the enclosed emitter style. Pretty darn solid setup.

cool

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by mtnman1
Ted,

Curious as to how you would compare the C&H to a holosun 507?

I like the C&H better. It has a bigger window and its super easy to see. I have a few Holosuns. Good sights, and I won't be getting rid of them, but in the future I will be getting more C&H enclosed emitter type models like the one shown. It is just rock solid and for this type of application I really like it.

I was actually thinking it would be seriously cool on a lever action. I have a couple lever guns, one in .44M and a 16" 30-30 that I think the C&H would be a solid choice for.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (12344mag, 16penny, 06hunter59, 02bfishn, 1234, 163bc, 58 invisible), 2,575 guests, and 1,353 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,574
Posts18,491,964
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.