Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
M
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Went out again yesterday.

The weather was, well, normal. It is that time of year where it is blowing snow or sunny or hailing, or all of the above. Ends up it was blowing hard and I chased a USPSA target a couple times after I slid through the mud and the snow..

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

But anyways, I shot from the seated position with the G21.5 braced between my legs at 50 yards. Pretty solid position. Kept them all on a paper plate, barely. The guns shoots far tighter groups, than I do, I know that.

The gun and C&H RDO combo is definitely a solid combo. I like the enclosed emitter design for the cruddy weather I was in yesterday. It was not really much of a test, but still, I had zero weather related issues.

Definitely will continue to carry and use the G21.5.

I think the G21s in general are probably the best all around choice for an outdoors big bore semi auto.

Big heavy .44 and .45 caliber bullets launched at a moderate pace have been dropping man and beast for well over a hundred years. It is simply a proven concept.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Some may find this of interest.

I weighed a 1911 with an 8 round mag +1 round. I used my 250 grain hard cast +P ammo.

The 1911 with the 9 rounds weighed 2# 15 oz.

The Glock 21.5 complete with C&H red dot, and an extended, 17 round mag +1 round, total 18 rounds, weighed 2# 13.5 oz.

So you get literally twice the ammo, plus an RDO, and it still weight 1.5 oz less.

Kind of a "no brainer" in the field gun department.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Interesting Mackay.

Unfortunately here in Kalifornia the added capacity is a moot point for the most part due to our mag restrictions.

For now, until perhaps under Bruen that crap gets tossed out, along with the roster etc.

I'm still waiting to order from you when that ammo case is finally complete.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
M
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
So I have been packing the G21 w/RDO around in a Milt Sparks Summer Special, that is cut for the optic. Could not ask for a better IWB rig. Absolutely love it.

Jim Wall, the co-owner of Milt Sparks told me a while back that the holster maker Thad Rybka loves .32 H&R, and .32 caliber stuff in general. So I sent him some .32 H&R wadcutters down. Ended up he really liked them. Thad builds some amazing holsters and leather gear. He made a Rhodesian for the G21 with the red dot sight. It is absolutely perfect.

I can remember reading about Thad Rybka leather, and all the professionals who used them literally all over the world, back when I was in high school. Then the same thing in the service and in college. Jim Wall from Milt Sparks has nothing but good things to say both about him and his work, and that definitely says something. So it was very cool to finally own a holster made by the man. He is mostly retired now. Great guy to talk to on top of it all.

The Rhodesian for a 21.5 and C&H RDO.

Just can't get better than these two holsters and this gun setup for what I do.

cool

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Any day at the range is a great day and thanks for the run down. However, that is an IDPA target. laugh.

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
S
Good Stuff!

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
I took the G21.5 out yesterday when I shot the 432 UC.

Had some test loads to run through it. I have been working on development of a +P 250 with a polymer coated projectile. The load I am using ran really well through the G21.5 and using the CH Duty optic made shooting it a breeze.

I had a 5" 1911 along to test and compare for ammo reliability as well as velocity testing. The ammo ran great in both guns. The felt recoil difference was significant between the two, with the G21 having good bit softer recoil.

It also LOVED the hot loads. It seems (to a degree ) that the warmer loads shoot extremely well in terms of accuracy, and the heavy recoil spring just does a great job of absorbing the felt recoil

There are some .45 cal holes on this target that were from my 1911. They are marked with a green pen. They were shot through a chrono and not really indicative of the accuracy of the load as I was really just trying to get numbers.

The group above though is at 25 yards.

The G21 definitely printed high as compared to what it was zero' ed for, but just stacked them into a nice neat cluster.

This poly coated 250 is averaging 991 from a 5" 1911 and 964 from the G21.

I have to do some more testing on it, but it looks very promising for a field load, and it seems like a natural for the G21.5.

The Marksman barrel definitely likes it.

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
I was looking for something else and came across this.

Remington .45 Colt 225 grain SWC ammo.
Velocity is 830 FPS (claimed).

The +P 45 ACP 250 grain Poly-coated loads that I referred to above in the velocity testing are 25 grain heavier and 134 FPS faster in the Glock 21, and 161 FPS faster when shot in the 1911.

That is a Powerhouse!!

Going to do some more testing but they are looking quite promising.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
👍👍

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (10ring1, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 57 invisible), 2,583 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,576
Posts18,492,035
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.