Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I have a mark v weathrby in 224. It’s pre having a letter in front of the serial number. What I have read it’s pre German and it had parts made in Japan and assembled in USA. Is this true. I’m new to weatherbys so I’m looking for some input. I purchase it recently. I’ll post some pics when I get home

Never trust a man in a wheel chair...with dirty shoes.
GB1

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
From guys I’ve known who have them I believe you’re correct? I think the German made had 26” barrels. No matter I can say that none of those guys had anything but good to say about any of them.
Maybe try a guy here, 160user. He deals a lot of interesting long guns and can probably give you exact info. Others here as well I’m sure, I just don’t know them.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They are Goat Fhuqks,no matter "who","what","when" or "where". Hint.

Yes...I suffer one. Hint.

Case design is schit,brass is schit,action design is schit,twist rate is schit...but at least they cost a lot,while offering little. Hint.

Just sayin'................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Big Stick
They are Goat Fhuqks,no matter "who","what","when" or "where". Hint.

Yes...I suffer one. Hint.

Case design is schit,brass is schit,action design is schit,twist rate is schit...but at least they cost a lot,while offering little. Hint.

Just sayin'................

LOL

LOL
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Well I didn’t pay much for mine and it shoots just fine. I’m curious if they are [bleep] are you a ruger guy or savage 😂 just poking a little

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by matt_allen
Well I didn’t pay much for mine and it shoots just fine. I’m curious if they are [bleep] are you a ruger guy or savage 😂 just poking a little

No.... He's just a guy that knows a lot about Scheiss.. His personality is Scheiss, his environment is scheiss, and his smell is probably scheiss.. He's an expert on the subject and about everything else he THINKS.

Its sounding like you've made a fine score...I'd enjoy your Weatherby, and rebarrel it when the barrel is shot out... or rebore it to something you could use the same brass on.. say with 6mm bullets, instead of 22 caliber ones.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I have enough rifles if it ever gets 500 rounds through it. I’ll be shocked. I just have a couple favorites I shoot the piss out of. The rest are just investments 😂

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ooopsie! Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by matt_allen
I have a mark v weathrby in 224. It’s pre having a letter in front of the serial number. What I have read it’s pre German and it had parts made in Japan and assembled in USA. Is this true. I’m new to weatherbys so I’m looking for some input. I purchase it recently. I’ll post some pics when I get home

I don't think so. I believe the 224 came along after Mark V production was established at Sauer in Germany.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
That makes sense it says one no prefix for each one. Thank you

IC B3

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Matt allen: My German made Weatherby MK-V 224 Weatherby Magnum Rifle has a 24" barrel and the serial number is S 2xxx (an "S" followed by 4 digits).
I love that little Rifle - it feels dainty in my hands compared to all my heavy barrel Varminters.
My Rifle likes 52 grain Berger bullets and IMR 4064 if you are going to load for yours.
I only own a couple of Weatherby Magnum Rifles and I am glad "I" ignored the advice of my well meaning Varminting/Hunting/shooting friends who tried to dissuade me from giving the "Weatherby's" a go - they feared for lack of accuracy, barrel life, radiused shoulder problems, expense etc.
I am NO Weatherby expert and can not directly confirm or deny your understandings about where the components were manufactured.
Best of luck with your 224 Weatherby Magnum though.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I am fairly certain the 224 was introduced in late 1963, the serial numbers started at S1000. Sauer made them for Weatherby, and they also made them for distribution in Europe. Remember it was 1963, Creedmoor Was 60 years late to the game.

Last edited by knivesforme; 03/02/24.

If your a leftist, whatever Donald Trump says or does, that pisses you off rest assured, I am a Happy Camper!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sweetheart,

The 22-250 AI,6-250 AI and 250-3000 AI were on the scene 25yrs+ prior to the Goat Fhuqk 224 Roy. Hint.

Such things are/were Kreedmire case capacity and only the nomenclature differs. Hint………….

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Need some pictures of the .224 Wby. smile

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
small twig: dipschidt, I can not make sense of you or any of your posts!
But it appears YOU are showing your absolute stupidity by TRYING to defame/besmirch the nifty and useful (and in my experience VERY accurate!) 224 Weatherby Magnum.
You simply know not of what you burp up!
Or... you are stupid - and then there is the possibility that you are both stupid AND you know NOT of what you speak of.
You are a sad, pathetic, useless and bitter little twig - this site would be much better off if you would go back under your rock and remain there.
Sheesh.
Sad.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Amen!!!!!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
VarmintGal,

Your never ending stream of Hurt Feeler Reports and perpetual vindication of your Professional Victim status,just happens to align with the Facts that you are a CLUELESS Drooling Brokedick and a LYING Piece Of Fhuqking Schit...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You "forgot" about your heralded Imaginary Pretend Ignore(again),you Magnificently STUPID Fhuqk. Hint.

Pardon my simply shooting it all and then some,as you "get" to Pretend aloud with your GoogleFu,hoping not to schit your fhuqking pants. Hint.

The 224 Wby was a Goat Fhuqk upon inception and slid downhill from there. The case "design" is fhuqking hilarious and the brass is fhuqking Dog Schit to boot,precluding it of anything resembling "merit". Hint.

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute",albeit only with Day Dreaming Delusions. Hint.

Just sayin'....................

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
You guys kinda hard on ole Stick.

DF

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Amazingly STUPID Fhuqks,have never seen or shot any of it. Hint.

Just sayin'....................

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Riar Rarry doesn't do schidt. Pretends to virtually shoot while pimping garbage products such as barfin Arkin scopes that won't even work with domestic 30mm rings.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

79 members (444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 6mmCreedmoor, 35, 1_deuce, 10 invisible), 1,461 guests, and 821 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,303
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.