Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Looks to be a stock photo, as it appears to be the same photo whether looking at the stainless Mini 6.5 Grendel, the 1500 stainless 6.5 Prick, or the stainless 300 Win Mag.

exactly my thoughts also

as soon as someone confirms they should head to 6.5 Grendel forums where Jefferson is hokeypokeykid and advise stainless coming and they will sell like hotcakes so start planning on hinged bottom kit runs with silver finishes lol

happy to do so if someone gets that confirmation just let me know and will let him know

Last edited by stinkycoyote; 01/19/24.
GB1

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I am a rifle loony and I have bought, sold, and traded numerous rifles trying to find the perfect one. I have come to believe that there are too many variables to find the perfect rifle for every circumstance. I have owned three Howa Mini's, carbon stocks, slimed down stock, bottom metal. They were almost perfect but I wanted stainless. Maybe now I can start again and find that "perfect" rifle.

Last edited by kandpand; 01/19/24.

“Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person”
-Fred Bear
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by kandpand
I am a rifle loony and I have bought, sold, and traded numerous rifles trying to find the perfect one. I have come to believe that there are too many variables to find the perfect rifle for every circumstance. I have owned three Howa Mini's, carbon stocks, slimed down stock, bottom metal. They were almost perfect but I wanted stainless. Maybe now I can start again and find that "perfect" rifle.

yes, slab/flute/hollow bolt handle on the stainless, timney trigger for the single stage and proper knurled safety (not cheap stamped tin with no grippy), I would skip the stocky's carbon since I have one and the makers of barbie dolls could do better, go with Pendleton for an extra 2 oz and at least you can pick your options/lop/colors etc. and have a proper feeling stiffer stock worthy of the metal going on it, and likely you'll need Jeffersons hinged bottom kit in a stainless color finish instead of black, tie it all together with a quality smith/bed job and would be pretty perfect, oh and have a machinest copy the talley low lightweights in 7075 lol for rings, but actually I found even better alignment slightly lower with Burris xt steel bases (no overhang) and weaver detach top mount rings...I don't think talley does x-low? I'd have to check it all again but surely have the lowest talley here in multiple sets and just recently went for robust squared on mine so ended up happier and lower surprisingly better snap shot alignment with the bases/weavers...fyi

these freaking howa's are such money pits, the definition of fack around and find out, not sure why they can't do it right the first time? I gravitated towards things I didn't have to fack with out of the box, on the low end that's a ruger American ranch for a mini, and as long as you can handle a standard short action cartridge then the sako 90 peak is on the high end, I'm personally done with howa, too late to the party to care, will beat on the last one I have and loan out etc. but will drive the ranch grendel when I feel blue collar and the sako 308 when I'm feeling more white collar

Last edited by stinkycoyote; 01/19/24.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by MedRiver
That would be great. Make mine a 6 ARC
Ill 2nd that.

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

& Proverbs 21:19
S
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
S
Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy....

Been wanting one of these since I got my first one. Have 4 grandkids (at the moment) need to buy at least two more mini's.

IC B2

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
I don't see the appeal of a Howa Mini in 22 ARC. The reason being that a bunch of us are going to replace the bottom metal anyway. With that being the case, we eliminate the primary appeal of the 22 ARC over the 223, namely fitting longer bullets into a magazine, since the ARC and 223 length Jefferson Outdoor mags are both 2.450”. The velocity advantage of the ARC over the 223 isn’t great, and certainly isn’t enough in my mind to overcome the vast logistical advantage of the 223.
The only place I could see the 22 ARC being an advantage over a 223 in the Mini is for the guy who only shoots factory ammo.

Thinkin’ 88’s.
The 19lb 24” .22BR needs a baby brother…….

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can just transfer my aftermarket parts to the SS and scrounge some takeoff standard parts from my grandson and have two, sell one, or turn it over to my granddaughter. Don’t GAS about the color of the floorplate. Actually, the black might look better against the black with white splatter Pendleton.

What fresh Hell is this?
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I am glad they are not looking to offer the SS option for the 6mm ARC. That would be just too tempting.

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

& Proverbs 21:19
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Hunterapp
I am glad they are not looking to offer the SS option for the 6mm ARC. That would be just too tempting.

lol

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Just waiting for more confirming info on this, but not finding anything. Would LOVE a 223 1/7. Or an ARC.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ditto. Have a Carbon Stalker .223 that would lose its stock and magazine upgrade for one of those. Prefer a .223, which does all I need at present.

First SS Mini I see is getting snagged.

What fresh Hell is this?
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Ditto. Have a Carbon Stalker .223 that would lose its stock and magazine upgrade for one of those. Prefer a .223, which does all I need at present.

Late spring is what they said. No knowledge of any other chamberings coming - for now.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

Late spring is what they said. No knowledge of any other chamberings coming - for now.

There better be a 22 ARC..

Semper Fi
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by beretzs

There better be a 22 ARC..

Surely…….

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
2024 catalog only shows stainless in short and long action in wood stocks unless I missed something. I could get behind a grendel or ARC in stainless, or a .223 or Legend for that matter.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Their catalog has never IME, been an accurate listing of what’s available, more like a guide. Brownell’s, as exclusive distributer for the barreled actions, can likely get whatever they ask for, and maybe they are more in tune with actual demand than the fortune tellers at Legacy.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No one that I've ever talked with knows why Howa does what they do. From the clunky and chunk Hogue stocks, to the plastic triggerguards and magazines, they seem to always come up with a way to ruin what would have been otherwise a good thing.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I’m kinda weird about this one….

If they come out with a .22 Arc, I’ll grab one. Stainless or Blued. 20” “heavy” barrel.

BUT, I don’t want this rifle chambered in anything else, and I don’t really want a different rifle chambered in .22 Arc. Dream Howa or nothing.

So if I don’t see it by fall or so, I’m just gonna grab a Tikka Lite Stainless .223 and get it chopped and threaded. I’m already well set up for .223 with brass, and I’m pretty fond of my RCBS .223 dies, so I don’t have to play Redding Roullette.

P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Potsy
I’m kinda weird about this one….

If they come out with a .22 Arc, I’ll grab one. Stainless or Blued. 20” “heavy” barrel.

BUT, I don’t want this rifle chambered in anything else, and I don’t really want a different rifle chambered in .22 Arc. Dream Howa or nothing.

So if I don’t see it by fall or so, I’m just gonna grab a Tikka Lite Stainless .223 and get it chopped and threaded. I’m already well set up for .223 with brass, and I’m pretty fond of my RCBS .223 dies, so I don’t have to play Redding Roullette.

The quickest route to a Mini 22 ARC may be buying a Brownells barreled action, selling the barrel to recoup costs, and slapping one of these prefits in 22 ARC onto your action: https://preferredbarrelblanks.com/product/howa-mini-variable-shoulder-m22x1/

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Lying bastids lie.

Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

198 members (10gaugemag, 300_savage, 308xray, 1minute, 260Remguy, 264mag, 30 invisible), 2,147 guests, and 1,190 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,116
Posts18,483,456
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.