Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#19126028 01/19/24
C
ChanceD Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
My youngest daughter Ava took this beautiful buck last weekend. Several years ago, Santa brought her a Tikka T3X in 6.5 Creedmoor fitted with a classic Leupold VXII 3-9X40. On this hunt she was using factory Hornady precision hunter 143gr. ELD-X ammunition. The deer was shot at about 80 yds. on impact the buck turned in the opposite direction running in a circle traveling about 15 yards from where it first stood, the buck stumbled and fell and was DRT. There was a very small entry wound, the bullet did exit but there was not much blood flowing out of the exit hole. We're all glad it didn't go into the brush! It's not often that we get the opportunity to hunt one of the big ones on this property but on this day, we were given permission to take a good deer if the opportunity presented itself.

My wife and I sent Ava hunting with the ranch manager, we wanted no mistakes... We sent my middle girl Emma with her boyfriend and Ava's boyfriend all together to a separate hunting area and my wife and I went to another blind all looking for a really good buck that we could possibly put Ava on. At the boyfriend's area a bunch of turkeys showed up, and the boys harvested two good turkeys but, meanwhile, they ruined any chance that a nice buck would show up.

Ava's spot was not producing much as she sat with the ranch manager (Clay). My wife and I saw this beautiful buck where we were hunting and quickly informed the Clay that we had a good one at our location. Clay quickly recognized that this elusive buck was one that he has seen in past and knows him by the name, "Godzilla". After a bit of contemplation, Clay and Ava decided to head our way and then sneak in on foot to see if they could get a chance at Godzilla. As they quietly approached on foot the deer spooked and ran into the brush. The two replaced us in the blind hoping that the buck may show himself again. Against all odds and 30 minutes later, Godzilla appears and the video shows what happens next.

Check out this quick video of the culmination of the hunt. I'm a goof ball and have fun when filming anything or really doing anything, don't mind me. lol!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Wow! Heck of a nice Buck!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Beautiful young lady, beautiful buck, congratulations

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Congrats to her on a great buck!
Beautiful young lady!

J
JDK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Outstanding on all fronts.

IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
Congrats Dad that's a wonderful experience for All.

Nice Typical 10 point as we can see why it was nicknamed Godzilla.

HS 58

Last edited by HunterShooter58; 01/19/24.

I Learned a long time ago to Separate My Want's from My Needs!

A man's Gotta Do What a Man's Gotta Do!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's a dandy buck. Congrats all around!

WWP53D
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
That's really going out on a limb........friggin' weasel.

Originally Posted by SKane
That's a dandy buck. Congrats all around!

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

C
ChanceD Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Thanks guys this one was definitely special He's going on the wall.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Don't mind SKane's post, ChanceD.

He'll likely make some challenge on IQ, net wealth, or social understanding. Expect the latter. He's a genius!

Originally Posted by ChanceD
Thanks guys this one was definitely special He's going on the wall.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

IC B3

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Awesome, Awesome !!

Go Ahead And Backup
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Stumpy.......never underestimate SKane.
He's been here a while.

Originally Posted by StumpDodger
Awesome, Awesome !!

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
WOW!

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Nice buck.......but keep Skane away.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Congrats to the young lady!

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And shes a lefty......

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
That is an outstanding buck!! Congrats to Ava!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
ISAIAH 41:10
C
ChanceD Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by SCgman1
And shes a lefty......
She's not a lefty, it looks that way because she somehow reversed the image for some reason, I have no idea why.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
My youngest daughter Ava took this beautiful buck last weekend. Several years ago, Santa brought her a Tikka T3X in 6.5 Creedmoor fitted with a classic Leupold VXII 3-9X40. On this hunt she was using factory Hornady precision hunter 143gr. ELD-X ammunition. The deer was shot at about 80 yds. on impact the buck turned in the opposite direction running in a circle traveling about 15 yards from where it first stood, the buck stumbled and fell and was DRT. There was a very small entry wound, the bullet did exit but there was not much blood flowing out of the exit hole. We're all glad it didn't go into the brush! It's not often that we get the opportunity to hunt one of the big ones on this property but on this day, we were given permission to take a good deer if the opportunity presented itself.

My wife and I sent Ava hunting with the ranch manager, we wanted no mistakes... We sent my middle girl Emma with her boyfriend and Ava's boyfriend all together to a separate hunting area and my wife and I went to another blind all looking for a really good buck that we could possibly put Ava on. At the boyfriend's area a bunch of turkeys showed up, and the boys harvested two good turkeys but, meanwhile, they ruined any chance that a nice buck would show up.

Ava's spot was not producing much as she sat with the ranch manager (Clay). My wife and I saw this beautiful buck where we were hunting and quickly informed the Clay that we had a good one at our location. Clay quickly recognized that this elusive buck was one that he has seen in past and knows him by the name, "Godzilla". After a bit of contemplation, Clay and Ava decided to head our way and then sneak in on foot to see if they could get a chance at Godzilla. As they quietly approached on foot the deer spooked and ran into the brush. The two replaced us in the blind hoping that the buck may show himself again. Against all odds and 30 minutes later, Godzilla appears and the video shows what happens next.

Check out this quick video of the culmination of the hunt. I'm a goof ball and have fun when filming anything or really doing anything, don't mind me. lol!

I see hunter brown in the background. Back story on Hunter?

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Big congrats to your daughter on a dandy buck!!!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by hanco

^^ THIS ^^

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For sure!

Now with even more aplomb
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Great buck! Congrats to the young lady!

C
ChanceD Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by rost495

I see hunter brown in the background. Back story on Hunter?

I don't follow...sorry, I'm ignorant sometimes.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Hell to the yeah👍👍👍

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by pete53

^^ THIS ^^

+1

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
That is a nice one

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by pete53

^^ THIS ^^

+1

+2

Good for the young lady.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
appx 3:25 in the video, the still snap shot. Standing hunched over behind Ava is a good friends brother in law named Hunter Brown. If my memory is correct. He used to work on marlin boats as I recall but I know he is involved in hunting now. Have not seen him in years.

Either that or its a twin lol

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Well that's just outstanding! Thanks for taking the time to post up the photos, video & story.

Regards, Guy

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
great job

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Really nice buck the trophy is the daughter. You and your wife have done your raising right like jpro and hanco.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Fantastic, congratulations.

Arcus Venator
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Both beautiful!

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Buck of a Lifetime for most, and it will look amazing on the wall, congratulations to Ava and the entire family! smile

Last edited by KillerBee; 01/20/24.

KB

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Congratulations, that’s a great buck and a good story. Thank you for taking your daughter hunting and passing it on.

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Good stuff, congrats.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Congrats to the lady!

Great buck.

Thanks for sharing.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

C
ChanceD Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Really nice buck the trophy is the daughter. You and your wife have done your raising right like jpro and hanco.
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Thank you for the compliment

Thank you all for your comments and sharing in this experience with us. I really don’t shoot many deer anymore myself due to trying to pass opportunities on to my two daughters and their boyfriends who enjoy hunting or show interest in it.

C
ChanceD Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
appx 3:25 in the video, the still snap shot. Standing hunched over behind Ava is a good friends brother in law named Hunter Brown. If my memory is correct. He used to work on marlin boats as I recall but I know he is involved in hunting now. Have not seen him in years.

Must be his twin because that’s Ava’s long time boyfriend JoJo. He’s a good young man who was fortunate enough to kill his first buck this season. He’s new to hunting but really enjoys it.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

Must be his twin because that’s Ava’s long time boyfriend JoJo. He’s a good young man who was fortunate enough to kill his first buck this season. He’s new to hunting but really enjoys it.
Wow. gonna have to look closer. I would swear thats Hunter. Thanks for the reply.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Congratulations to your daughter. That was a nice buck.

J
Joe Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Most excellent, Ava! A gorgeous young lady taking a great buck. Maybe one day I can take one like that. :-)

Shew me thy ways, O LORD: teach me thy paths.
"there are few better cartridges on Earth than the 7 x 57mm Mauser"
"the .30 Springfield is light, accurate, penetrating, and has surprising stopping power"
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Congrats to Ava, great Buck. Good shot. Nice video.

Good job all the way round. Thanks for posting.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Congrats Ava!

L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
Awesome!!!! Congrats to you both! Your daughter is beautiful and so is the buck!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (1beaver_shooter, 260Remguy, 160user, 16penny, 1936M71, 55 invisible), 2,557 guests, and 1,339 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,712
Posts18,475,474
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.