Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Petehm
Celebrate all you want but DeSantis would have beaten Biden in a landslide.

He would have gotten all the Republican/conservative voters plus most of the middle/independent voters. People on the fence when it comes to voting for Trump would have voted for DeSantis in a second.

Say what you will, but DeSantis was the best Governor in the US during the Covid lockdowns when it came to protecting individual freedom. Trump rolled over and let Fauci dictate the Covid response.
I agree in that DeSantis made the right decision in the Covid 19 breakout. I seen people in California loose a lot when the lockdown was placed upon us.

GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Desantis 2028……he’s got 4 years to build his platform without Trump in way…
Without Trump, DeSantis would have it.

"Know guns, no crime. No guns, know crime."
- Ralph Lauretano
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Tansun
Desantis 2028……he’s got 4 years to build his platform without Trump in way…
Without Trump, DeSantis would have it.
Without Trump, DeSantis would have been a One Term Governor of FL.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
I agree that Noem and Reynolds were good as well during Covid.

Obviously, he would not get 100% of the Republican and conservative vote, but there is no logical reason that a Trump supporter would not have voted for DeSantis in the general election.

The biggest difference is with the middle/independent voters, the ones who either didn't vote for Trump in the last election or actually voted for Biden. He would have gotten more of their votes than Trump. I bet even some of the old-school Dems, not the progressives, would have voted for DeSantis.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

He would have gotten all the Republican/conservative voters plus most of the middle/independent voters. People on the fence when it comes to voting for Trump would have voted for DeSantis in a second.

Say what you will, but DeSantis was the best Governor in the US during the Covid lockdowns when it came to protecting individual freedom. Trump rolled over and let Fauci dictate the Covid response.
You really shouldn't speak for all conservatives. Desantis is on about the same par as Bush when it comes to being a conservative.....he isn't. For me voting for the lesser of two evils is no longer an option and that's what Desantis represented to me. Just another career politician.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KillerBee
He didn't handle bowing out gracefully, he should have given Trump a full-throated endorsement, after all the only reason why he is Governor of FL, is because of Trump.

Sore looser.

Errr... He did endorse Trump. How was that not full-throated?

Carpe' Scrotum
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Jim1611

You really shouldn't speak for all conservatives. Desantis is on about the same par as Bush when it comes to being a conservative.....he isn't. For me voting for the lesser of two evils is no longer an option and that's what Desantis represented to me. Just another career politician.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by KFWA
Endorsing Trump kills the rumor he was pushed to be Haley's VP

It does, I am pleased that I was wrong.

You should be perpetually happy. grin

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Steve
Frees him up for a run in 2028. Not TOO damaged.

Pretty dinged up. I was on board early. Great Gov, pretty terrible debater, speaker, and campaigner. Needs a lot of work. I bet Chris Christie comes on aboard for 28. lol

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Crockettnj

Pretty dinged up. I was on board early. Great Gov, pretty terrible debater, speaker, and campaigner. Needs a lot of work. I bet Chris Christie comes on aboard for 28. lol
He shouldn’t be allowed to speak more than 120 seconds. Stick to your policies, Brother Ron, and bring in some guest co speakers or something. I’m not sure he could sell eskimos free heat.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
He didn't handle bowing out gracefully, he should have given Trump a full-throated endorsement, after all the only reason why he is Governor of FL, is because of Trump.

Sore looser.

Full-throated means that he should have gone into detail and spent more time qualifying and explaining why ALL OF HIS BASE, should vote for Trump.

He should have said he would do everything in his power to work on Trump's behalf, he could have said a lot of things, which he did not IMO.

Last edited by KillerBee; 01/21/24.

KB

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
You really think Bush or a Rino governor would have shipped illegals from Florida to blue sanctuary cities? Do you think they would have gone after Disney or fought to keep their state open during Covid? DeSantis is way more conservative than any Rino politician. Just cause some idiot talking head says that DeSantis is just another Rino doesn't mean you should believe them. DeSantis does not govern like a Rino.

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Trump will be talking about Hoe great a man he is inside of 2 weeks.

This is true. It’s how politics works. This has been the expected outcome for months. If DJT stays healthy and doesn’t implode (neither of these were/are guaranteed), he’ll win the nomination decisively.

If something did happen to Trump, it would be a good thing to have DeSantis on the ballot. Heck, something still could. Nobody’s guaranteed to be around tomorrow. At his age, and with his enemies, anything’s possible.

It seems that RD’s exit now will help Trump in NH. This should help slam the door on Haley sooner rather than later. I never doubted that RD would endorse Trump. I still don’t think that he’s out of the running for VP.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Sore looser.

Full-throated means that he should have gone into detail and spent more time qualifying and explaining why ALL OF HIS BASE, should vote for Trump.

He should have said he would do everything in his power to work on Trump's behalf, he could have said a lot of things, which he did not IMO.

Willing to go out on a limb and say that DeSantis is campaigning for Trump before S. Carolina.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You really think Bush or a Rino governor would have shipped illegals from Florida to blue sanctuary cities? Do you think they would have gone after Disney or fought to keep their state open during Covid? DeSantis is way more conservative than any Rino politician. Just cause some idiot talking head says that DeSantis is just another Rino doesn't mean you should believe them. DeSantis does not govern like a Rino.

The Republican donor class didn't get behind DeSantis and are dumping stupid money for Haley for just these reasons.

Carpe' Scrotum
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Nobody left to split the vote.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Jim1611

I suspected DeSantis might be a 'plant' - to implant a RINO into the White House in the future. And still believe he might be. The conniving Beltway Boys plan ahead ----->>> way ahead.
We all know according to elections stats it always flips back and forth from dem to gop so when it flips to gop >> here's the man for the job >> DeSantis. < The smiling lawyer. The flipping back and forth in elections cycles keeps folks thinking voting is legit ..
OVER......

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Did he endorse Pres Trump?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Calvin
Nobody left to split the vote.

Does DeSantis voters go for Haley or do they go for Trump.

I can't see DeSantis voters seeing anything of value in Haley.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Crockettnj

He surely has the Krispy Kreme vote sewn up…..🍩

What fresh Hell is this?
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (12344mag, 1badf350, 160user, 1936M71, 1234, 007FJ, 57 invisible), 2,552 guests, and 1,413 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,695
Posts18,475,147
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.