Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Gents-

Had a good bud order over $500 worth of powder from www.wholesalereloadingsupplies.com today. He told me about it. Good looking website but I saw a incomplete phone # and no physical address but I was not logged in to their website. Can some of you more tech savy folks tell me if he got scammed? I got a bad feeling ..........

Many thanks,
RH

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Scam.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
He’s screwed. Hopefully he at least used a CC and can get the charges reversed.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When you see this, do not attempt to buy anything. Your buddy's money is G-O-N-E and he will not receive any of what he thought he was buying.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
easiest way to verify is payment methods. if they don't take credit cards, it's a scam. Also look for miss spelled common English words, and verbiage, phrases that do not seem common vernacular in the US., repeated sentences etc.

the website name would have been a big red flag to me. Also if a website had items in stock that no other major legitimate entity (midway, Natchez etc.) in stock, it's a scam

Last edited by gitem_12; 01/21/24.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B2

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
I’m good

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Damn
There's always somebody that didn't get the memo.
And the scam keeps going like a ghost net.
Tell your buddy that he just paid his Stupid Tax.

B L M - Bureau of Land Management
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Other crypto: Dodge. Wow, so crypto.

Also, the word 'kindly' is in point #3 so you know that $500 has already been spent on vindaloo.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
webparanoid.com is a pretty good site to check suspected scams about. the above site was created less than 30 days ago and is not visible to many viewers. I can confirm this as I can see the website on my work laptop but it will not populate on my personal laptop. short and sweet your buddy lost 500 bucks

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Thanks guys. What I thought. He's not on this site. I'll tell him to call his bank in the am. I hate a thief..............................

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's a scam for sure. Go to the site put something in the cart, go to check out and just put a bunch of stupid schit in the required box don't check anything in the type of pay boxes and hit submit, your order will complete.

I usually put in schit so that they know they've been busted when they read it.

Tell your bud he just learned a hard lesson about scammers. oh well it was only 500 bucks, hopefully it doesn't hurt him to bad.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I looked at the site. I think for sites to work right , you need to set up an account. A year ago I was shopping for reloading stuff and came across Midsouth shorting supply. Prices were very good. I googled reviews and read some bad things, but a few good things. Took a chance and was very happy. I think any new site is a risk but your buddy still might be alright. Let us know what happens and I hope for the best.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
If you go to their page that half-a$$ shows their location and then compare the location on Google maps it a big truck junkyard...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The question comes up often as more and more scam sites are created. Here's a test that you can apply. I don't do business if they raise any red flags. Since questions about business legitimacy come up often, I thought I'd start a thread on it for future reference.

Phone Number: Is there a phone number prominently displayed on their home page. Red Flag if there is not.

Address: Do they have a physical address posted? If not Red Flag. If they do have an address, what does it look like on Google street view or satellite map? Red Flag if it doesn't look like a business.

Inventory: Do they have a lot of hard to find stuff or too good to be true pricing? Red Flag if they do.

Business History: When you Google the business name with the words review and complaint, what do you find? Little footprint or a lot of negative reviews or BBB complaints is a red flag.

Payment Method: Crypto, Venmo, Pay Pal friends and family only? Red Flag.

Site Language: Do you notice language errors or irregularities? Red Flag if there are errors and oddities.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
If they don't take credit cards it's a scam.

I just ordered 8 pounds of be86 for about $225 and 8 pounds of vvn110 for about the same price and some no11fs one pounders for $25 each with free hazmat. I had to double check to make sure I hadn't landed on a fake version of a well known site. But they took a credit card and the powder just showed up. Sometimes there are still some deals but taking a credit card is a must for online retailers for me to order.

Bb

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by gitem_12
webparanoid.com is a pretty good site to check suspected scams about. the above site was created less than 30 days ago and is not visible to many viewers. I can confirm this as I can see the website on my work laptop but it will not populate on my personal laptop. short and sweet your buddy lost 500 bucks
Your personal laptop must have some security software blocking that website.
It loads fine here and I sent him a fake order with a nice little message attached.
Very common scam these days and they are so easy to spot, yet people still get caught in the trap.

B L M - Bureau of Land Management
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Thanks guys. This guy is a hard working guy and was very excited that he found all this powder. I'm sick for him. Lesson learned.

Paul-
Thanks for the good pointers. I'll pass them on to him.

I'm somewhat curious if this is a US based scam or foreign..........................

RH

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Got to be smarter

There’s people on here that don’t exist beyond their Yahoo home and CANNOT execute a brief internet search via the search bar.

A first start would be to copy and paste that website into the search bar with +scam, +reviews, +complaints, +forums, +discussions

hope this helps

carry on

JFC
<banging head>

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
If they don't take credit cards it's a scam.

I just ordered 8 pounds of be86 for about $225 and 8 pounds of vvn110 for about the same price and some no11fs one pounders for $25 each with free hazmat. I had to double check to make sure I hadn't landed on a fake version of a well known site. But they took a credit card and the powder just showed up. Sometimes there are still some deals but taking a credit card is a must for online retailers for me to order.

Bb

You can’t just post that and not share where.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
The question comes up often as more and more scam sites are created. Here's a test that you can apply. I don't do business if they raise any red flags. Since questions about business legitimacy come up often, I thought I'd start a thread on it for future reference.

Phone Number: Is there a phone number prominently displayed on their home page. Red Flag if there is not.

Address: Do they have a physical address posted? If not Red Flag. If they do have an address, what does it look like on Google street view or satellite map? Red Flag if it doesn't look like a business.

Inventory: Do they have a lot of hard to find stuff or too good to be true pricing? Red Flag if they do.

Business History: When you Google the business name with the words review and complaint, what do you find? Little footprint or a lot of negative reviews or BBB complaints is a red flag.

Payment Method: Crypto, Venmo, Pay Pal friends and family only? Red Flag.

Site Language: Do you notice language errors or irregularities? Red Flag if there are errors and oddities.
Good info! Sadly there are so many scammers these days its easy to get caught up in some mess if one lets their guard down for even a second

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

84 members (6mmCreedmoor, 260Remguy, 6MMWASP, 257_X_50, 450yukon, 79S, 10 invisible), 1,551 guests, and 958 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,757
Posts18,476,390
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.