Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
The question comes up often as more and more scam sites are created. Here's a test that you can apply. I don't do business if they raise any red flags. Since questions about business legitimacy come up often, I thought I'd start a thread on it for future reference.

Phone Number: Is there a phone number prominently displayed on their home page. Red Flag if there is not.

Address: Do they have a physical address posted? If not Red Flag. If they do have an address, what does it look like on Google street view or satellite map? Red Flag if it doesn't look like a business.

Inventory: Do they have a lot of hard to find stuff or too good to be true pricing? Red Flag if they do.

Business History: When you Google the business name with the words review and complaint, what do you find? Little footprint or a lot of negative reviews or BBB complaints is a red flag.

Payment Method: Crypto, Venmo, Pay Pal friends and family only? Red Flag.

Site Language: Do you notice language errors or irregularities? Red Flag if there are errors and oddities.
Good info! Sadly there are so many scammers these days its easy to get caught up in some mess if one lets their guard down for even a second

Fact! Thing of it is cops and courts will do nothing about it, that's the sad part.

Lawlessness is going to get much worse in the coming years.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just playing with the website. That's a strange site set up.
But they do have Large Rifle primers . Sure they do.
And unicorns are real.

Gun Owners of America
Escapee's RV Club
Elks
Moose
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Traveler52
Just playing with the website. That's a strange site set up.
But they do have Large Rifle primers . Sure they do.
And unicorns are real.

It let me put 80# of Reloader 26 into my cart. The must have the last 80# of '26 available..........

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
On Starline Brass's homepage banner, there is a link to this website which they are helping to publicize:

https://stopgunscams.com/

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Cops and Courts can't find scammers on the internet. They don't have the savvy or the programers to pay to find where they originated. Only the FBI can do that, and they are already swamped trying to find scammers. They are also too busy spying on conservatives instead of potential terrorists

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do they only take bitcoin as payment, too?

MM

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
its amazing how many of these are popping up

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
The question comes up often as more and more scam sites are created. Here's a test that you can apply. I don't do business if they raise any red flags. Since questions about business legitimacy come up often, I thought I'd start a thread on it for future reference.

Phone Number: Is there a phone number prominently displayed on their home page. Red Flag if there is not.

Address: Do they have a physical address posted? If not Red Flag. If they do have an address, what does it look like on Google street view or satellite map? Red Flag if it doesn't look like a business.

Inventory: Do they have a lot of hard to find stuff or too good to be true pricing? Red Flag if they do.

Business History: When you Google the business name with the words review and complaint, what do you find? Little footprint or a lot of negative reviews or BBB complaints is a red flag.

Payment Method: Crypto, Venmo, Pay Pal friends and family only? Red Flag.

Site Language: Do you notice language errors or irregularities? Red Flag if there are errors and oddities.
Good info! Sadly there are so many scammers these days its easy to get caught up in some mess if one lets their guard down for even a second

Fact! Thing of it is cops and courts will do nothing about it, that's the sad part.

Lawlessness is going to get much worse in the coming years.
No doubt. The world is becoming crazier every day. Scared for what my child is going to experience in this country

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dixie_Dude
Cops and Courts can't find scammers on the internet. They don't have the savvy or the programers to pay to find where they originated. Only the FBI can do that, and they are already swamped trying to find scammers. They are also too busy spying on conservatives instead of potential terrorists

Bingo !! We have a winner !

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by RiverRider
On Starline Brass's homepage banner, there is a link to this website which they are helping to publicize:

https://stopgunscams.com/

The scam site that inspired this thread is the first one listed.

Mathew 22: 37-39

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

106 members (450yukon, 79S, 260Remguy, 300_savage, 6MMWASP, 13 invisible), 1,672 guests, and 974 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,756
Posts18,476,380
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.