Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
E
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
Anyone traveling to another state to hunt this year?

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
Just Wva.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I hunted 5 last year. At the moment only hunting 2 this season. We’ll see if I get the itch or not..

Are you part of the problem or part of the solution?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So far, Florida and Campeche.

Would like to work in a couple others if it pans out.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
right now, I don't have any plans to but that could change.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Thinking about going to Wisconsin again since its been a few years.

I picked up a rules book last fall and it looks like the same discouraging lottery system I used years ago and may not be worth it. I think out of state hunters get forced into the last week even if thats not what you applied for.

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
You're right humdinger, NR get the last of the last in the WI spring turkey draw. I've been turkey hunting in WI for a very long time and even as a NR property owner, get the last of the last. This year, I drew the second week of May. Thankfully, still plenty of action, just not like in April. Easy to call jakes in, big ol toms, not so much. But it's still out in the woods....

My cousins in MO are asking me to head there, been talking to another cousin in FL.

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
In March, there are left over tags available on a first come first served system. When that opens, you're assigned a random number and need to wait for your turn and see what's left.

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Scheduled for 3 at the moment. 5 isn’t out of the question

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by DeanAnderson
You're right humdinger, NR get the last of the last in the WI spring turkey draw. I've been turkey hunting in WI for a very long time and even as a NR property owner, get the last of the last. This year, I drew the second week of May. Thankfully, still plenty of action, just not like in April. Easy to call jakes in, big ol toms, not so much. But it's still out in the woods....

My cousins in MO are asking me to head there, been talking to another cousin in FL.

I'll have to see how the weeks line up in MN. It may align with season F. I remember always getting my bird the last week of WI season.

MN changed to over-the-counter except for a few WMA's are lottery because they get hit hard. MN also added anyone that doesn't get there turkey in weeks A-E can hunt F which is nice. Its nice because then I don't have to take vacation during the early season if I don't want to. Although it is strange to start the season in Snow many times to end in leaves and woodticks.

O

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
IC B3

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Missouri, Kansas and PA. Might fly to Texas early April, niece has a 1000 acer lease near rock springs.

Don't gobble at me
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
I need to travel if i want to get into some turkeys cause its damn sure slim pickings around here. I hunted 15 mornings last year and only heard 2 gobblers, probly walked 100 miles all together in places i have hunted all my life that have always had a pile of turkeys but not anymore....Hb

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
I need to travel if i want to get into some turkeys cause its damn sure slim pickings around here. I hunted 15 mornings last year and only heard 2 gobblers, probly walked 100 miles all together in places i have hunted all my life that have always had a pile of turkeys but not anymore....Hb

Same things happening here. They used to be easy to find now they're few and far between

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

515 members (1234, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 01Foreman400, 160user, 17CalFan, 51 invisible), 2,369 guests, and 1,221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,378
Posts18,488,518
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.