OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
https://badgerknifeclub.com/index.shtml

Mar 22,23,24.

Got my table and a room.
See you there.
Tim

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
Albert Einstein

At Khe Sanh a sign read "For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected never knew".
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
hope you have a fun and productive event.

Sam......

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Thanks Sam.
I try to always have fun and at this age breaking even is productive.

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
Albert Einstein

At Khe Sanh a sign read "For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected never knew".
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Tim, for now the wife is up for it, (she has family there) but it will all depend on the weather. I am not going to drive down 94 in a snowstorm. Been there and done that too many times. That is the worst road to drive in snow and ice, and they sometimes just close it down and you make-do wherever they force you off, for how long it takes to reopen it. March can be a very bad time for show up here. I am about 7 hours north. The last time I drove that road was in March and I had to take 3 busses down to Janesville and back in an ice storm.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Tim, for now the wife is up for it, (she has family there) but it will all depend on the weather. I am not going to drive down 94 in a snowstorm. Been there and done that too many times. That is the worst road to drive in snow and ice, and they sometimes just close it down and you make-do wherever they force you off, for how long it takes to reopen it. March can be a very bad time for show up here. I am about 7 hours north. The last time I drove that road was in March and I had to take 3 busses down to Janesville and back in an ice storm.

IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Would be great if you could make it but yeah it can be rough traveling then,
Last year there was a major (record) snow fall while at the show. But it started meltng
right away.

Albert Einstein

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Just a bump and reminder.
Tim

Albert Einstein

B
B
Looking forward to it… I’ll have two tables. Making the drive from Rochester, NY. Stop by and say hello.
This is from Blade Show several years ago:

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Welcome to the 'Fire.
Yeah it is a pretty good show, but I have not been to any other real knife show so not
able to do a comparison.
PM me with real name and I will look you up,
Thanks
Tim

Albert Einstein

B
B
Can’t send PMs. My info is in the video.
William Fisher

IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Roger that. See you there.

Albert Einstein

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Getting a few more finished to take to the show.

Albert Einstein

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
I will see you there again this year. I'm a Badger Knife Club member and I will be there all three days.

Life - and the good sense to live it!
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Roger that! See you there.

Albert Einstein

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Only 2 weeks away!

Not looking forward to the drive around Chicago, but I really enjoy the show.
It is the only real knife show I do.

Last edited by michiganroadkill; 03/09/24.

Albert Einstein

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Doc said "It isn't cancer, See me in a year".

Life is good. Grind on.

Albert Einstein

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
The best words a guy can hear!

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
The weather seems to be holding. We have a B n B booked.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Lots of you knife guys read like you are pretty high on this show. Tease me a little about what a guy would see there? Janesville isn't all that far away for a WI. retired guy. Is there lots of repetition of standard Cabela's type stuff or more custom made high priced knives? Will there be trinkets and stun guns like what some of the gun shows have morphed into? Understand that this is coming from a cutlery uninformed consumer who never met a walleye, whitetail or a ribeye that he couldn't get through with something that he already has.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
This is a dedicated 3 day knife show.
Floor space about the size of three basketball courts full of tables.
Mix of pretty good makers, retailers, and some material suppliers,
Minimal junk if any.
Makers are a mix of forgers and stock removal.
A nice way to spend some time and possibly some money.
A couple of Forged in Fire contestants will be there if that sort of thing is of interest to you.
Just my 2 cents,
Tim

Last edited by michiganroadkill; 03/14/24.

Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (1Longbow, 160user, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 22magnut, 55 invisible), 2,498 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,185
Posts18,484,820
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.