Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by ihookem
AND THERE YOU HAVE IT!... All this talk about a cover up , cops ain't doin their jobs ETC.... They did their jobs very well and knew it was not a homicide . They got what they deserved.. sadly.... I would not think they were drug users by their pictures...

You mean to tell us all the pearl clutching no nothing tards around here were wrong again?

I'm shocked

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Prince did his last show down here in Atlanta. He was flying back, late at night to the Twin Cities in his private Lear Jet. En route, he OD'd on Percocet. His assistants told the pilot, who made an emergency landing I think in Iowa. Corkscrewed in from 35,000 feet.

The pilot had radioed the airport, the ambulance was waiting and Paramedics gave Prince the life-saving drug right there on the tarmac. Then, according to protocol they took him to the hospital in the ambulance.

Prince was in the ER for an hour, Doc told him he needed to stay for 2 days for observation. Prince told him to F*** off, and walked out AMA [Against Medical Advice].

Two days later Prince's limo was spotted outside a drug store in St. Paul, Prince was walking around smoking a cigarette, while his assistant was inside filling an [illegal] scrip for Percocet. Next day Prince died in his mansion of a Percocet OD. His net worth was over $300 million.

"I've seen the needle and he damage done,
A little part of it in every one
But every junkie's like a setting sun..."

--Neal Young

Darwinism Wins Again!!! 😂

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
The rock star formerly known as Prince?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by WYcoyote
The rock star formerly known as Prince?

Yep. Dumbass OD’d.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Originally Posted by ihookem
AND THERE YOU HAVE IT!... All this talk about a cover up , cops ain't doin their jobs ETC.... They did their jobs very well and knew it was not a homicide . They got what they deserved.. sadly.... I would not think they were drug users by their pictures...

You mean to tell us all the pearl clutching no nothing tards around here were wrong again?

I'm shocked

Made me chuckle!

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Just because the Doc prescribes it, does not mean it is not a "heavy dose."

I have a little experience from shoulder surgery, and wife's hip replacement. Those are the pills I spoke of flushing down the toilet.

I hate that schitt. Almost as much as I hate morphine. Damned morphine, as administered in a hospital bed, gives me hallucinations.
I'm sorry to hear that morphine in a hospital situation gives you hallucinations. I sincerely hope you have no need for major surgery again then.

Morphine is a completely different drug than the ones I was discussing. Judging by your reaction to them versus the reaction by myself, wife, relatives, and friends through multiple major surgeries one might surmise you to be a bit of an outlier and one or two pills may be a "heavy dose" for you. You probably are doing well to avoid them then.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
Is Jordan Willis, who allegedly cooked up the drugs for his three buds, the Chiefs fans, in line for a Second Degree Homicide charge, or at least a First Degree Manslaughter charge???

L.W.
There is definitely still more to this story to come.

Who or where was the source of the fentanyl? Mexican/chinese pills, "diverted" from a hospital(IV form), or "homegrown" in a lab somehow?

If the latter, was the host of the party "Betty Crocker"? (a regular user and that was why he survived ("tolerance") while the others passed out in the cold and died? How much alcohol was involved? That would just magnify the respiratory depression of the narcotics and be another reason for their unconsciousness. Plenty of acutely inebriated people have succumbed to cold temperatures in the past... nothing new there(no narcotics required!)

Why did they not just pass out in the living room or somewhere else in the house? Did the host kick them out in a stupor?

I thought it was interesting that somewhere it was reported that the homeowner admitted himself to "rehab" right after the incident. That has been a convenient way for some health care professionals abusing/diverting IV fentanyl/sufrentanil/dilaudid to avoid the immediate loss of their jobs if they were "caught" outright vs admitting themselves beforehand and confessing which seems to illicit more "sympathy" for some reason (acknowledging their disease as if it overshadows their crime diverting from patients who are unknowingly dependent and vulnerable under their provider's care).

Will they be able to determine the actual "primary" cause of death... respiratory depression vs hypothermia. Subtle but might be significant in negligent homicide/murder charges if any arise based on additional information.

What else can the other surviving member of the party add to the above questions, ie. was he participating at all in the illicit drug use? Could he have been the source of the fentanyl and left the house before the others were using? Will he even talk?

Lots of possibilities still, including even criminal charges for someone directly or indirectly involved.

Sad story and all to common in today's America. I'd chalk it up simply to "natural selection" working on the gene pool if there were not so many family members, children(dependents), etc. involved. At some point we as a society have to quit blaming all of the usual bad guys (Chinese, cartels, etc.) and look in the mirror... there are too many willing and enthusiastic "consumers" driving the supply in our Country... every bit as big a problem as the bad guys. Victimhood rears its ugly head again but the truth does not suffer fools.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Valsdad

I have a little experience from shoulder surgery, and wife's hip replacement. Those are the pills I spoke of flushing down the toilet.

I hate that schitt. Almost as much as I hate morphine. Damned morphine, as administered in a hospital bed, gives me hallucinations.
I'm sorry to hear that morphine in a hospital situation gives you hallucinations. I sincerely hope you have no need for major surgery again then.

Morphine is a completely different drug than the ones I was discussing. Judging by your reaction to them versus the reaction by myself, wife, relatives, and friends through multiple major surgeries one might surmise you to be a bit of an outlier and one or two pills may be a "heavy dose" for you. You probably are doing well to avoid them then.

I agree with both of y'all. I just had knee surgery 5 days ago and it's no fun. After reading through the thread I took a look at the prescription stuff the doc gave me...in small letters it says common brand:percocet 10-325. So far when I take one it's during the middle of the night and they knock me down hard - so for me I would call one pill a heavy dose. I never take anything, not even aspirin so I will assume my tolerance is low, especially since I'm only 160lbs soaking wet. I had a follow up this morning and he asked if I needed more, uhh no thanks I still got more than I think should of been prescribed in the first place and the rest will end up in the toilet. But don't get me wrong, for the last 5 days I'm glad I had them.
Now, with that being said, I can't imagine what it must be like for someone to take these things along with cocaine and alcohol, especially if it's something homemade and not prescription. Sounds like it's a very very very bad combination of factors with a high probability of having the worst outcome, which is what seems to have happened to the 3 young men. Im no expert on these things so maybe I'm wrong, just my opinion.

PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by lundtroller
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
Is Jordan Willis, who allegedly cooked up the drugs for his three buds, the Chiefs fans, in line for a Second Degree Homicide charge, or at least a First Degree Manslaughter charge???

L.W.
There is definitely still more to this story to come.

Who or where was the source of the fentanyl? Mexican/chinese pills, "diverted" from a hospital(IV form), or "homegrown" in a lab somehow?

If the latter, was the host of the party "Betty Crocker"? (a regular user and that was why he survived ("tolerance") while the others passed out in the cold and died? How much alcohol was involved? That would just magnify the respiratory depression of the narcotics and be another reason for their unconsciousness. Plenty of acutely inebriated people have succumbed to cold temperatures in the past... nothing new there(no narcotics required!)

Why did they not just pass out in the living room or somewhere else in the house? Did the host kick them out in a stupor?

I thought it was interesting that somewhere it was reported that the homeowner admitted himself to "rehab" right after the incident. That has been a convenient way for some health care professionals abusing/diverting IV fentanyl/sufrentanil/dilaudid to avoid the immediate loss of their jobs if they were "caught" outright vs admitting themselves beforehand and confessing which seems to illicit more "sympathy" for some reason (acknowledging their disease as if it overshadows their crime diverting from patients who are unknowingly dependent and vulnerable under their provider's care).

Will they be able to determine the actual "primary" cause of death... respiratory depression vs hypothermia. Subtle but might be significant in negligent homicide/murder charges if any arise based on additional information.

What else can the other surviving member of the party add to the above questions, ie. was he participating at all in the illicit drug use? Could he have been the source of the fentanyl and left the house before the others were using? Will he even talk?

Lots of possibilities still, including even criminal charges for someone directly or indirectly involved.

Sad story and all to common in today's America. I'd chalk it up simply to "natural selection" working on the gene pool if there were not so many family members, children(dependents), etc. involved. At some point we as a society have to quit blaming all of the usual bad guys (Chinese, cartels, etc.) and look in the mirror... there are too many willing and enthusiastic "consumers" driving the supply in our Country... every bit as big a problem as the bad guys. Victimhood rears its ugly head again but the truth does not suffer fools.

Well written, lundtroller. The tox screen mentioned THC, cocaine and Fentanyl. But, what about alcohol? It is hard to imagine a football party where they weren't drinking lots of beer. As you stated, alcohol exacerbates the effects of Fentanyl.
A Fentanyl OD, combined with some booze would cause a person to stop breathing. These guys didn't "freeze to death" it was a low of only 28 degrees that night. A guy is getting drowsy out there on the porch, and he gets cold, if he has to he will bust out a window to the house and let himself in to warm up. These guys died of respiratory arrest.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by KillerBee
I would hate to be young these days, one little mistake like buying a little pot laced with fentanyl can end your life.

Every time you take a "Party substance", you are playing Russian Roulette with your life. They should institute the Death Penalty for anyone caught dealing anything with fentanyl in it. If you are knowingly killing people, then you deserve to die.

Tragic.

Pretty easy, really.

Just say NO! That is no harder today than it was in 1975, or in 1925.

Pretty much covers it.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The driving force behind the illegal narcotics trade. And this is merely a drop in a huge bucket.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't be throwing away those Pharmacy meds the doc gave you save them for a hunting trip or two or three I've had some from way back in the day I'm talking 15 years old help your ass out with your broken foot on a trip

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Couple outpatient surgeries.
Drs gave me scrip for painkillers.
Didnt take em.

Painkillers dont work on me.
Prev surgery proved it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Wife and I were both prescribed narkies post surgery. Neither of us took any, and we simply returned the unopened bottles back to the pharmacy. They say do NOT flush them down the toilet because it can eventually get back into the drinking water systems. All water is eventually recycled, you know.

As to the KC guys, many of us have said all along it was a FAFO deal.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by atvalaska
Don't be throwing away those Pharmacy meds the doc gave you save them for a hunting trip or two or three I've had some from way back in the day I'm talking 15 years old help your ass out with your broken foot on a trip
No thanks! I will figure out how to get to the orthopedist and get my foot fixed. And I won't be taking anything harder than Advil after.

I would rather suffer the foot pain than the gut pain after six days without a dump.

After my rotator cuff surgery, I had a couple guys at work begging to BUY those left over Percocets and Hydrocodone.

No way was that happening. They went into the toilet.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Wife and I were both prescribed narkies post surgery. Neither of us took any, and we simply returned the unopened bottles back to the pharmacy. They say do NOT flush them down the toilet because it can eventually get back into the drinking water systems. All water is eventually recycled, you know.

As to the KC guys, many of us have said all along it was a FAFO deal.
I have read that some city sewer systems get pretty loaded up with various opioids. I was under the impression that most of it was sourced from human waste.

I have spent my life on a septic system and drain field. I don't think the stuff is getting back to the river.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gamma4diesel
Originally Posted by Valsdad

I agree with both of y'all. I just had knee surgery 5 days ago and it's no fun. After reading through the thread I took a look at the prescription stuff the doc gave me...in small letters it says common brand:percocet 10-325. So far when I take one it's during the middle of the night and they knock me down hard - so for me I would call one pill a heavy dose. I never take anything, not even aspirin so I will assume my tolerance is low, especially since I'm only 160lbs soaking wet. I had a follow up this morning and he asked if I needed more, uhh no thanks I still got more than I think should of been prescribed in the first place and the rest will end up in the toilet. But don't get me wrong, for the last 5 days I'm glad I had them.
Now, with that being said, I can't imagine what it must be like for someone to take these things along with cocaine and alcohol, especially if it's something homemade and not prescription. Sounds like it's a very very very bad combination of factors with a high probability of having the worst outcome, which is what seems to have happened to the 3 young men. Im no expert on these things so maybe I'm wrong, just my opinion.

10's are fairly strong, if they knock you down good you could always cut them in half. Ask your doc for 5mg ones if you ever have to have surgery again .

I was prescribed, 20 I think, of the 10mg percocets after my recent shoulder surgery, then the next prescription was for 5mg Vicodin (Norco) . Much less in the way of knocking one out. Haven't had to take many, as the Tylenol helps when needed. I've even been told I can cut the 5mg ones in half to alleviate the pain involved with PT. Not sure about you, but I tend to take the PT seriously and perhaps almost push it to the overdoing stage.

Talk to you surgeon, Mine at least have been helpful and would prefer not to have their patients overusing the dang things.

Good luck with your knee.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Rather than flushing, in some areas the Sheriff or PD's have places to turn in prescription drugs of all sorts.

Pharmacies too. Although around here they don't take liquids or gels unfortunately.

Besides the narcotic type stuff getting into the water supply, the steroids and other hormones are showing up in a lot of places.

Doesn't do much good when one can turn in their pills but they have to send their steroid ointments to a landfill............or worse have bubba dumping his trash out in a field somewhere.

Oh well, first world problems, eh?

In it is contentment

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Nobody has the answers, but don't let that stop you.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
P Weed: You are unable to "stop me" - but that is NOT surprising.
I thought the "answers" were indeed out there - from the preliminary autopsy results - fentanyl, cocaine, THC and one other unidentified substance. The fentanyl was said to be 10 (ten) times the lethal dosage.
Hows that for an "answer"?
Shame and sad they are dead but if you play with the bull sometimes you get the horn.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

198 members (12344mag, 2500HD, 325wsm1, 280ACKIMP, 007FJ, 1badf350, 13 invisible), 10,986 guests, and 1,083 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,338
Posts18,546,319
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.